Used 2013 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

2013 Impala LTZ made a frugal man happy.
By Steve

2013 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Well, I'm on the cusp of my 31st birthday and I have decided to finance my first vehicle. I love cars. I played racing games growing up, I watch Top Gear, I'm in the loop. Speed, Power, and Style are all highly appealing to me. But, with that said, I live in the city. I commute to work everyday. I hope to travel. And, I'm not rich. I needed a car that fit my profile and the deal needed to be right. The Impala was the perfect selection. I don't give a care about it's dime a dozen style, or it's plastic interior, it's a great car. These new V-6's crank out power with zero effort. I absolutely love when it comes time to pass or merge, it just tickles me pink. Luckily, I won't be cruising any mountain ranges any time soon like your latest Acura commercial, so I don't need sports care steering. Honestly, the steering isn't great. The steering wheel is tight and it doesn't attack corners, but it doesn't matter. I don't need that when I pull into Walgreens. The cabin has all the space you need, and plenty of road presence. Everything everybody likes about the cars in these reviews are true. In short, I just wanted to drop in and advise not to split hairs over professional reviews. They are after innovation, design, and refinement. The Impala lacks primarily in innovation. However, this will save you thousands. When I was looking at a $13,000 Impala that's fully loaded at 55k miles and it's right next to a Honda Accord with the same mileage but at $17,000, the decision was clear to me. It's all about the driver.

Great Car
By Phil

2013 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a great car. There are so many good things about it. It has a great engine (3.6 LFX) that is durable, yet fuel efficient. It has 300 horsepower and you can definitely feel it when you step on the gas, but at the same time, it can give you great fuel economy on the highway. This past weekend, I took the car on three hour highway trip and got 148.4 miles out of a quarter tank of gas. That's pretty great.

The transmission was a joint build by General Motors and Ford. Most of the time, the transmission shifts very smoothly and you can't even feel it if your not paying attention to the shifting. Every once in a while though, the transmission will feel like your driving a car with a manual transmission and clutch.

People complain about the suspension in this car and while its not the best handling car in its class and you can get a little bit of body roll, the car handles pretty well and is a very smooth ride.

There is brake fade at higher speeds so be careful of that. I plan on upgrading the brake pads and rotors when its time to do so, but four wheel disc brakes is nice. This car does stop very well. The tires are Ultra High Performance Goodyear tires from the factory and their okay. I'm definitely switching to a better brand of tire (Michelin) when the time comes. If you drive in a cold environment, be careful of accelerating with the Goodyear tires on it. The car will burnout a little bit (another reason to get better quality tires).

The seats are nice and comfortable, but the rear seats offer the most comfort. There is also a lot of leg space of all of the passengers other than the person who sits in the middle in the second row seating. There are two lights for the rear passengers as well which is nice for them while there are lights in the rear view mirror for the front passengers. The two front seats are power, but only the driver seat has lumbar support which is manual. I understand that GM would want to save the power lumbar support for Buick and Cadillac, but the front passenger seat should have lumbar support as well. The heat seats work wonderfully and people who sit in the front love it. The driver heated seat warms up faster than the passenger seat which is normal according to the owner's manual. The driver seat heats up very quickly and is very nice.

The gauge cluster, messages on the gauge cluster, radio, and HVAC controls are easy to read and use. It's also nice that the driver and passenger have dual climate control.

The auto dimming mirror, heated outside mirrors, and rear window defroster work great and quickly.

The Bose sound system is wonderful! It has 8 speakers and an amplifier.

The leather seats, leather wrapped steering wheel, leather wrapped transmission shifter, and leather arm rest are holding up well.

Its a very solid car and I think that people should really take a look at this car. I had a couple of minor issues with the car, but I had the dealership take care of them. Other than that, its a solid car.

Quite Possibly the best car of 2013
By *likesthatcar*

2013 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Let's be honest this car rocks! Comfort and fuel economy are HUGE pluses in this car. The 3.6 is a peppy and growling engine with great reliability. Entertainment is okay but no screen (doesn't matter!). Sound Quality is SUPER GOOD and what I mean is the clarity and bass (and it's not even the Bose). I like it. It's the best of both worlds The sunroof is cool, Bluetooth speakerphone is good, Sound Quality, etc. A sporty yet comfortable package!

2013 Impala LT
By bubbasmama

2013 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd Impala and I must say I love mine. It handles beautifully in all weather conditions and I've never about it slipping and sliding underneath me in the snow. The MPG is about what it is rated give or take upon my driving as with any vehicle. The only thing I would change is the seating. The seating accommodates 5 comfortably, bucket seats in the front, but the comfort in the seats for long trips could be better, my 2005 was my comfortable in the backseat.

Bluetooth phone hookup is great especially for long drives, sunroof and all my airbags. Safety first!

More comfortable seating, backseat passengers should not have their bums go numb on longer trips.

Older modeld
By kingkole02

2013 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This model is one before the new versions came out. It seems really basic. The engine is far but does not compare to the newer models at all. Interior looks a little dated and the exterior looks the same. Interior space is nice and seats are comfortable, truck has ample space. Good full size car for travel but not for everyday usage.

They have updated the design with many nice improvements