2013 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Soild car
By ktm300xc on 04/23/14 21:01 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my car for a year, so far, no problems. Yes, Edmunds thinks the car is to plain, no flash or modern styling. But I personally don't need that. I just want a solid, large comfortable car for a reasonable price that is reliable. That's all. It gets about 20 mpg around town and 30+ mpg on the freeway. Plenty of power to pass on the freeway. The car has a speed limiter on the car, it's set at a maximum of 112 mph. So if you want to go faster, you will have to rechip the computer. I can carry six people, but it's more comfortable with a max of four. I bought the base LS model, has every option I need. And it has more options than the base 2014 Impala for a cheaper price!

Bang for Buck
By tnsailorguy on 03/27/14 07:19 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Most professional reviewers do not live with the cars they review. It is all about style and handling. Yes a BMW drives great and is beautiful but who can afford to maintain one. This Impala provides a long list of features that make everyday driving much more enjoyable. The price of admission is very affordable and they cost practically nothing to maintain. I traded up from the 09 LT to the 13 LTZ. In 85,000 miles of driving my 09 cost $125 for non regular maintenance cost. The 13 LTZ is a bit firmer but the power from the 3.6 is amazing over the 3.9 of the 09. Unless you plan on using this car to carve mountain roads do not be put off by the reviews.

great mileage
By lecartier on 12/15/13 17:55 PM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I will not address the vehicle appearance, interior appearance or "creature comforts", those are all subject to personal preferences which are as numerous as the populace. I can address only the mileage of this vehicle. I own this vehicle, entered service 8/12, now with 30K miles, plus/minus. I drove 320 mostly freeway miles in the last two days at 33 plus miles per gallon. The returning mileage in terrible friday traffic of 7 hrs vs the 3 hrs getting there was still barely over 30 mpg. The lowest mileage recorded in ALL traffic has been 24 +

Great daily driver
By perlanera on 04/30/13 17:16 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After reading the review of the 2013 Impala on Edmunds one would foolish to buy this car, but don't be fooled its a great large vehicle. Large for todays scene, but not that large. 18 cu trunk and with the back seat folded down its able to carry a lot of cargo. The 3.6 twin overhead cam V-6 pulls like a modern V-8 with a firm ride. I bought the LTZ and it reminds me of my 1996 Cadillac Eldorado, except the Eldorado did not have a sunroof or heated seats. Gar mileage is good, not great, averaging 21 mpg in traffic and 28 mpg on the highway with regular gas - most high power v-6's require high test gas, not this one with direct injection (no turbo). $4000 rebate, you can't beat it !

A great car
By polar8 on 04/29/13 18:31 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a great car. This first review posted before me shouldnt be advised to read. This car is a joy ride. I have not been in a smoother ride. It is a very comfortable car. It is very spacious. Every one i've had in the car wanted to fall right asleep in the seat. It does'nt get the best gas mileage but for a sedan with some speed its perfect. Some one who is losing speed on turns should probably turn off the traction control and remember a impala is not for turning on a dime. I like this car and it runs great. I would recommend this car for a great american made sedan and will tell you if your looking at this car, get it, it's great

Poor performace
By wolfdoctor on 04/28/13 03:19 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After 800 miles, I can honestly say I'm ready to get rid of this car. When the car is cold, the acceleration can only be described as herky-jerky and the car loses power when I turn right. The gas mileage is also poor - about 17 mpg. I haven't had the time to take it into the shop, because it would have to stay there all day long. Terrible car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Chevrolet Impala Sedan in VA is:

$134 per month*