Great car for Much Less than Competitors
By jimmyjames76 on
2012 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
We bought a 2012 Impala LT as a certified preowned car with 11k miles, so my review perspective is a little different than someone buying new. We looked at a lot of cars: Ford Fusion, Honda Accord, Chevy Malibu, Chrysler 200, etc. We liked this car the best. It rode and handled better, had more power, a larger interior and trunk, remote start, and by far the best pricing. So far it's been an amazing car. It's a great blend of comfort, size, performance, and economy. The cars Edmund's recommends instead of this car are MUCH more expensive for the same miles/year. Like $8-10k more. So yes, you could get a better car, but I don't believe you can for the money. This is an excellent car.
Favorite Features
Great power without sacrificing MPG. Smooth, quiet engine and transmission. Comfortable seats and smooth ride. Excellent braking, handling, and stability. We had to brake/swerve to miss a car that pulled out in front of us day one, and the car slowed quickly and turned sharply all while maintaining excellent control. Controls are all laid out logically, and they are very easy to use. Dual climate control works really well. Radio/CD/MP3/Satellite all work well, and the speakers sound great. Factory remote start is great during MN winters. Sunroof works well too, and provides some fresh air w/o a lot of noise in the summer.
Suggested Improvements
Bluetooth on the Ford Fusion was a better, but not enough to make me pay more for a smaller/less powerful car. The interior doesn't look as fancy as some other cars, but I think it's more comfortable, so I'm kind of torn. I think the exterior styling is very nice/sporty. This car is due for a redesign in 2014, so it's not shocking that some of the design elements look a little dated, but it's still a wonderful car to drive.