2012 Chevrolet Impala LT Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

LT Sedan (3.6L V6 FFV 6-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Good Cruiser But Disappointed With Chevy's Gearing
By kobiewan on 03/03/15 19:45 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The interior is cheap yes. But so are other cars. I can look past that due to the car being reliable. One thing I did notice is the transmission. I like that it cruises at 2k at 80. But for one, it hesitates and gear hunts. I also believe the gears to be too tall. Of course it is a huge improvement over the old impala with the 4 speed. But usually in a v6 you should not have to even cross 2.5 rpms on the tachometer before going to second gear. This car takes off like a four cylinder on an incline, and it is not lively until higher speeds are achieved. It is not bad but not good. Hopefully the newer ones are better

bad trans
By William Bandy on 02/25/15 10:12 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

car is very unresponsive when you take off, hesitates to move. I thought it was just the trans but even the electronics such as fan controls are sluggish. took it in, they say its ok . if all impalas are like this & it keeps getting good reviews what does it say about buyer revues. The car would be car of the year if it wasn't for the 6 speed trans & heating controls, who ever passed that should be fired

Great Car!
By yankees2012 on 10/03/14 17:17 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased a used 2012 Impala LT with 17k miles. I got it for a great price and I can tell you its one of the best rides you can experience. I always had Cadillac's but this time I dont have as much to spend so I tried the Impala. What a car! I should have been looking in to Chevy sooner. The pick up and the nice soft ride is just like a Caddy. I tell you, there are no import cars out there that can give you a ride like this. I have driven them all. Edmunds review of the Impala having cheap interior, I dont see it. They just cater to foreign automobiles.

2nd Impala - Best Car I Have Ever Owned
By carloverinbr on 06/02/13 14:59 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is simply the best car I have ever owned. I bought my first Impala in 2008. It was brand new and a few years later I had a wild hair to get an expensive, premium European car. I kept that car for about a year because it was constantly at the dealer for repair under warrantly. I really missed my Impala so I got another one! The 2012's new engine and transmission is awesome. My car was a rental and got a great deal. If you read the professional reviews, they are almost always negative but I really believe that these cars are underappreciated. If you want a great value on a car that will give you years of trouble-free driving, check out the Impala. I now have 38k on the Impala.

Great car for Much Less than Competitors
By jimmyjames76 on 10/30/12 10:52 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought a 2012 Impala LT as a certified preowned car with 11k miles, so my review perspective is a little different than someone buying new. We looked at a lot of cars: Ford Fusion, Honda Accord, Chevy Malibu, Chrysler 200, etc. We liked this car the best. It rode and handled better, had more power, a larger interior and trunk, remote start, and by far the best pricing. So far it's been an amazing car. It's a great blend of comfort, size, performance, and economy. The cars Edmund's recommends instead of this car are MUCH more expensive for the same miles/year. Like $8-10k more. So yes, you could get a better car, but I don't believe you can for the money. This is an excellent car.

2012 Chevy Impala LT
By hmnijj on 03/16/12 23:04 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a great long distance traveling car; just don't go up in the mountains. The car doesn't handle very well but thats were you get the smooth ride from. One thing Chevrolet definantly needs to work on is the transmission. The transmission takes a good second-second and a half to shift to the correct gear when your stepping on it. Once again, do not take this car in the mountains when theres only a two way road and you need to pass someone. You have to get used to it that the transmission will lag so you have to step on it a bit earlier. But once it gets into gear, it does pull pretty good. The car seems to be overpriced when compared to the Charger which is a better car.