Used 2012 Chevrolet Impala LTZ Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Great Value for the $
By derrickg61

2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car. Bought it in 2013 with 16K miles and now have 48K on it. I've read many reviews suggesting that the Impala has lackluster handling. I wonder if these reviewers have really driven an LTZ. It has GM's FE3 suspension which is also standard on SS Camaros of the same year. This car handles well, but the ride is a little stiff. One big improvement would not be using the Goodyear Eagle RS-A tires. While these tires have worn well, especially for the lead foot driving I do, they are a true hazard on wet roads. One of the worst wet handling tires I've ever owned. Oh, and the Bose sound system...Wow!

Horse Power, remote start, Bose Sound, MPG for the H.P. you get. Good solid build

Ditch the Goodyear RS-a tires. GM if you're going to put the stiff FE3 suspension on the rear of the car, go ahead and stiffen up the front. Weight distribution is heavy towards the front and you can really feel it.

Another lackluckster car from GM
By sebringdriver

2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Pro: It's large. Cons: Everything else. Aside from it's generic overall design, and terribly poor road handling, the Impala is very generic in both design and feel. Even with a fully loaded LTZ, I can't help but feel disappointed, and honestly a little embarrassed every time I drive this car. After all this IS used heavily as a fleet vehicle, and not only that, everyone seems to own one (why? I'll never know). Pulling this vehicle into a parking spot is near impossible on the first try- same with just about every oversized vehicle GM pumps out. Be prepared to feel every bump in the pavement too, as well as intense body lean in about every corner. Do yourself a favor don't buy this car

Heated Seats and Remote Start

The overhaul of the 2013 model might have done the trick for some, but let's see how those hold up.

Great car however
By hollandia

2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Decided to purchase the Impala from my local Chevy and Buick dealer. The car had 15,000 miles when purchased. The car was first put into service in Hawaii as a rental . When I turned the radio off I could hear a whistel or buzz from 2100 to about 3000 RPM. Turns out there is a service bulliten on the 3.6 for buzzing, humming or whisteling from 2000 to 4000 RPM, bulletin PIP4956A. This covers the replacement of the intake manifold. Just picked the car and and no more noise. All work was performed under warranty. I really do like the car and who can complain about 300+ HP on tap.

Get up and go, front seat room, remote start- great when its below zero- just push the button. Beutiful looking car.

More rear seat leg room. My spouses '13' Equinox has great leg room. I would prefer 6" less trunk room and more back seat leg room.

Could not ask for better value
By savantrep

2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased my first LTZ- a 2012 model after searching high and low for that perfect mix of performance, comfort and style. This car has it all. The 302hp engine is awesome as well as the ample room (I'm a tall guy).

Head room, leg room, power, trunk space

Excellent LTZ
By kmw8770

2012 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Own a 2012 Impala LTZ loaded with every option. Solid build structure, very roomy, many features and great value. The fact that the 2012's & 13's have GM's new direct injected V6 engine and a six-speed auto make them that much better then the 11's. 302hp and on a trip back from southern PA to upstate NY averaged 30 mpg! Love the Bluetooth for phone, Bose sound system, XM satellite radio, heated seats etc. Love the car and plan on keeping it for a while, or at least until I can afford a 2014+ Impala LTZ.