2012 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Love my Impala!
By retire2018 on 12/06/14 21:42 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Impala LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Not sure what the complaints are about. This car is a pleasure to drive. I drive a combination of driving and get 24 mpg. The 300hp is amazing! Smooth acceleration and great braking. I don't know about others but I have no problems with parking, good turning radius. The car rides and handles well. As for pricing, I bought the car with 21.4k miles and paid $11900. It is a LT model and was a rental out of Montana. It has tinted windows and a sunroof. As far as handling, I find it to handle quite well for the size of car that it is. My personal opinion is that it's a great car and a great value.

Great Car!
By yankees2012 on 10/03/14 17:17 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased a used 2012 Impala LT with 17k miles. I got it for a great price and I can tell you its one of the best rides you can experience. I always had Cadillac's but this time I dont have as much to spend so I tried the Impala. What a car! I should have been looking in to Chevy sooner. The pick up and the nice soft ride is just like a Caddy. I tell you, there are no import cars out there that can give you a ride like this. I have driven them all. Edmunds review of the Impala having cheap interior, I dont see it. They just cater to foreign automobiles.

Great Value for the $
By derrickg61 on 07/12/14 11:51 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car. Bought it in 2013 with 16K miles and now have 48K on it. I've read many reviews suggesting that the Impala has lackluster handling. I wonder if these reviewers have really driven an LTZ. It has GM's FE3 suspension which is also standard on SS Camaros of the same year. This car handles well, but the ride is a little stiff. One big improvement would not be using the Goodyear Eagle RS-A tires. While these tires have worn well, especially for the lead foot driving I do, they are a true hazard on wet roads. One of the worst wet handling tires I've ever owned. Oh, and the Bose sound system...Wow!

Another lackluckster car from GM
By sebringdriver on 03/13/14 13:40 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Pro: It's large. Cons: Everything else. Aside from it's generic overall design, and terribly poor road handling, the Impala is very generic in both design and feel. Even with a fully loaded LTZ, I can't help but feel disappointed, and honestly a little embarrassed every time I drive this car. After all this IS used heavily as a fleet vehicle, and not only that, everyone seems to own one (why? I'll never know). Pulling this vehicle into a parking spot is near impossible on the first try- same with just about every oversized vehicle GM pumps out. Be prepared to feel every bump in the pavement too, as well as intense body lean in about every corner. Do yourself a favor don't buy this car

2nd Impala - Best Car I Have Ever Owned
By carloverinbr on 06/02/13 14:59 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is simply the best car I have ever owned. I bought my first Impala in 2008. It was brand new and a few years later I had a wild hair to get an expensive, premium European car. I kept that car for about a year because it was constantly at the dealer for repair under warrantly. I really missed my Impala so I got another one! The 2012's new engine and transmission is awesome. My car was a rental and got a great deal. If you read the professional reviews, they are almost always negative but I really believe that these cars are underappreciated. If you want a great value on a car that will give you years of trouble-free driving, check out the Impala. I now have 38k on the Impala.

Great car however
By hollandia on 04/02/13 14:01 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Decided to purchase the Impala from my local Chevy and Buick dealer. The car had 15,000 miles when purchased. The car was first put into service in Hawaii as a rental . When I turned the radio off I could hear a whistel or buzz from 2100 to about 3000 RPM. Turns out there is a service bulliten on the 3.6 for buzzing, humming or whisteling from 2000 to 4000 RPM, bulletin PIP4956A. This covers the replacement of the intake manifold. Just picked the car and and no more noise. All work was performed under warranty. I really do like the car and who can complain about 300+ HP on tap.

Could not ask for better value
By savantrep on 03/10/13 09:58 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased my first LTZ- a 2012 model after searching high and low for that perfect mix of performance, comfort and style. This car has it all. The 302hp engine is awesome as well as the ample room (I'm a tall guy).

Excellent LTZ
By kmw8770 on 02/07/13 18:42 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Own a 2012 Impala LTZ loaded with every option. Solid build structure, very roomy, many features and great value. The fact that the 2012's & 13's have GM's new direct injected V6 engine and a six-speed auto make them that much better then the 11's. 302hp and on a trip back from southern PA to upstate NY averaged 30 mpg! Love the Bluetooth for phone, Bose sound system, XM satellite radio, heated seats etc. Love the car and plan on keeping it for a while, or at least until I can afford a 2014+ Impala LTZ.

Great Car!
By cj7123 on 11/26/12 11:31 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

If you need something to change in every year of a car, then this isn't the car for you. If however, you want a safe, comfortable and reliable car, this is it. It has many creature comforts from heated seats to satellite radio and sync. We are getting 30 mpg with the new engine and transmission! So, if you need "bling" you might want to look elsewhere, but if you want a strong, reliable car with descent gas mileage for thousands of dollars less that the other cars they compare the Impala to, look no further!

Great car for Much Less than Competitors
By jimmyjames76 on 10/30/12 10:52 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought a 2012 Impala LT as a certified preowned car with 11k miles, so my review perspective is a little different than someone buying new. We looked at a lot of cars: Ford Fusion, Honda Accord, Chevy Malibu, Chrysler 200, etc. We liked this car the best. It rode and handled better, had more power, a larger interior and trunk, remote start, and by far the best pricing. So far it's been an amazing car. It's a great blend of comfort, size, performance, and economy. The cars Edmund's recommends instead of this car are MUCH more expensive for the same miles/year. Like $8-10k more. So yes, you could get a better car, but I don't believe you can for the money. This is an excellent car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.