2011 Impala LT
By superyouper on
2011 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
This car is one big disappointment. I have had several Impala's and traded in a 2006 for a 2011. I wish now that I had kept the old car. This Chevrolet model steers worse than my first car, a 1951 Studebaker. The steering is tight creating a stiff turning in town and on highway. My wife has arthritis and has a very difficult time turning a corner. The car has many blind spots including small mirrors,& rear headrests. I opted for bench seats and find them only fair for comfort. In my 2006 Impala I averaged 30 mpg on the highway. On this 2011 i get only 23 mpg. It seems to lack an overdrive. Unfortunately, I was naive enough to think that the steering was only temporary. It's not.
Favorite Features
The body on the LT is very nice. I opted for the dark blue and it looks very classy. The wheels whit the deluxe rims are very nice. The horn works and the radio is fine.
Suggested Improvements
Remove the radiator cap and put a Ford or any other 2011 car under it. This car needs a different transmission and an electric assist in the power steering. The rear headrests need to be made to lower. Consumer Report magazine rates it very poor. I now understand why our local GMC gave a $6000.00 rebate on the car in January.
By reallysad
on 05/05/11 08:20 AM (PDT)

I completely agree - this is the worst vehicle I have ever owned and rue the day I purchased it. Every time I get in I say "I HATE THIS *#%* PIECE OF JUNK". Unfortunately I'm stuck with if for at least a few years. I just traded my 2003 Impala for this piece of garbage. The blind spots are unbelieveable and dangerous, the mirror's are smaller and closer in to the vehicle, with the giant headrests you can't even see out the rear window (they block out the view of the vehicles behind you) the seating is uncomfortable, absolutely no leg room for rear passengers. I could go on and on. What a big mistake this new design is. I doubt I will ever buy another chevy.

By 8count
on 04/21/11 17:43 PM (PDT)

Blind spots would have been there on a test drive, Power steering loosening up after purchasing the car?? REALLY?? If you are really getting 23 MPG on the highway you have a severe mechanical problem and this car needs to go to the dealership. I get over 30 MPG on the highway with an identical car. Maybe next time you should read the reviews and test drive a car before buying it for 20 plus thousand dollars and then telling us all how terrible it is.