Used 2011 Chevrolet Impala LT Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Utilitarian, highly recommended
By mg_davis

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

2 months with a new 2011. It is practical, functional, a screaming good value with rebates, pleasant looking, but a bit boring to drive. For the price I paid, I could hardy buy a small import sedan with the same trim level. If you want the maximum passenger and cargo space you can get in any sedan around 20K, then the Impala LT is your car. With room like this, you wont need an SUV. On the rare occasion you actually *do* need to transport sheets of plywood, pop the rear seats down and load up. The other 364 days of the year you'll enjoy cheaper payments and 10 or more extra MPG. It does most things great, a few things good, and nothing poorly. Best large sedan value, period.

Favorite Features

Value, room, good looks.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps a bit more refined five or even six speed automatic. I wouldnt complain about a bit more power, either.

Value, Value, Value; You get More Than you Pay For
By mattddougherty

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

First, this car (the loaded LT/LTZ models) is meant to be competitive with cars ranging in the high 20/low 30 thousand area such as the V6 Accord. I have ridden in or driven dozens and dozens of these cars in said band and up, such as new C-Class and E-Class Mercedes, 3 and 5 Series BMW, and so forth. With that said, after getting two brands new loaded LTs (one for me and one for my wife) each financed at less than $20,000, this car screams value, for the reasons I state below, and I think from the person who stumbles in the dealership but gets all the great incentives, to the person who knows exactly what he is buying (like me, having had dozens of new cars in my life), this car is solid.

Favorite Features

This car has interior features of luxury that rival (but do not beat) a 3/5 series or C Class - although the leather is competitive with C-Class/3, it is phenomenal. The dash is adorned with burl wood, which is common in every "high-end" luxury car that I've driven, but is particularly nice in this car. Standard, the 2011 LT has steering wheel controls with bluetooth-stereo capability (a HUGE benefit once you learn how to use it that is not in even some 2005-2010 BMW/Mercedes models; crisp, excellent Bose sound system. This car has a trunk as big as or bigger than all others in its class, and there is plenty of headroom and other room throughout the car (I am a big guy, in both ways).

Suggested Improvements

Despite the value for the features, one con, for sure, is the 4-speed engine that gets, what I would consider, below mediocre city gas mileage. Also, I have personally driven 3 and 5 series BMWs that get better gas mileage on the highway. I am not an aggressive driver, and I check how many miles I get out of a full tank of gas. I live in a totally flat area, and this averages 280-300 miles, even with many highway miles, which is not great. Finally, probably due to the 4-speed system, there is a delay in responsiveness in acceleration that is noticeable, but once it "gets up," it "goes." There is no shortage of power. And the excellent handling counterbalances this. You can't have it all.

chevy impala 2011
By wgarcia

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

got one back on june 17, 2011 put 2,350 miles on it great so far. this car is great on long trips and short ones i got the lt

Favorite Features

xm radio, onstar, leather, power

Impala LT
By lovemycar11

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After driving several sedans and I do mean several I had said I'm not driving and Impala. I decided to drive one to humor my husband. The dealer incentives were great. I drove the Impala and fell in love with it. The leather heated front seats are wonderful and comfortable. I drive the car several miles daily and have never felt uncomfortale. I average 29 MPG and somtimes 30 The car handles like a dream. The V-6 gives me the power I need. The sound of the Bose speakers are perfect. The technology in the car is simple to use and easily understood. Friends that have rode in the backseat have positive comments about comfort. The ability to see out the back is problematic. Edmonds got this wrong

Favorite Features

I love the comfort of the car and how safe I feel driving it. The technology is great and easy to use. The heated seats are perfect and lumbar support excellant. I couldn't of picked a better car. Buy one you won't be dissappointed.

Suggested Improvements

The ability to see out the back due to backseat headrests when backing out of parking spaces is a problem. Its difficult to see, but not bad enough not to buy the car.

Dang You, Detroit!
By impalaintampa

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Yes, Detroit, I let you talk me into buying a 2011 Impala LT. What I got was a smooth, powerful, ultra-quiet, very comfortable sedan that pulls 30.5 MPG highway. I wish I had listened to Edmunds and Consumer Reports. That way, I could have spent thousands more for a smaller, less comfortable, less attractive car. Instead, I am stuck with a beautiful American car. With the Bose and luxury package, it's like sitting on my nice leather sofa at home listening to a quality stereo. Who needs that, when I could have been folded into an Azera or Camry and listening to the engine buzz. Got a LOADED car for $19,400 after all incentives and rebates.

Favorite Features

Bose sound system, leather seats, Bluetooth, trunk big enough to fit 4 bodies, OnStar, price

Suggested Improvements

larger rear-view mirrors. But this is not a big deal.