2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Utilitarian, highly recommended
By mg_davis on 09/01/11 21:13 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

2 months with a new 2011. It is practical, functional, a screaming good value with rebates, pleasant looking, but a bit boring to drive. For the price I paid, I could hardy buy a small import sedan with the same trim level. If you want the maximum passenger and cargo space you can get in any sedan around 20K, then the Impala LT is your car. With room like this, you wont need an SUV. On the rare occasion you actually *do* need to transport sheets of plywood, pop the rear seats down and load up. The other 364 days of the year you'll enjoy cheaper payments and 10 or more extra MPG. It does most things great, a few things good, and nothing poorly. Best large sedan value, period.

Value, Value, Value; You get More Than you Pay For
By mattddougherty on 08/31/11 07:54 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

First, this car (the loaded LT/LTZ models) is meant to be competitive with cars ranging in the high 20/low 30 thousand area such as the V6 Accord. I have ridden in or driven dozens and dozens of these cars in said band and up, such as new C-Class and E-Class Mercedes, 3 and 5 Series BMW, and so forth. With that said, after getting two brands new loaded LTs (one for me and one for my wife) each financed at less than $20,000, this car screams value, for the reasons I state below, and I think from the person who stumbles in the dealership but gets all the great incentives, to the person who knows exactly what he is buying (like me, having had dozens of new cars in my life), this car is solid.

chevy impala 2011
By wgarcia on 07/25/11 14:10 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

got one back on june 17, 2011 put 2,350 miles on it great so far. this car is great on long trips and short ones i got the lt

Impala LT
By lovemycar11 on 06/05/11 12:19 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After driving several sedans and I do mean several I had said I'm not driving and Impala. I decided to drive one to humor my husband. The dealer incentives were great. I drove the Impala and fell in love with it. The leather heated front seats are wonderful and comfortable. I drive the car several miles daily and have never felt uncomfortale. I average 29 MPG and somtimes 30 The car handles like a dream. The V-6 gives me the power I need. The sound of the Bose speakers are perfect. The technology in the car is simple to use and easily understood. Friends that have rode in the backseat have positive comments about comfort. The ability to see out the back is problematic. Edmonds got this wrong

Dang You, Detroit!
By impalaintampa on 04/09/11 12:09 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Yes, Detroit, I let you talk me into buying a 2011 Impala LT. What I got was a smooth, powerful, ultra-quiet, very comfortable sedan that pulls 30.5 MPG highway. I wish I had listened to Edmunds and Consumer Reports. That way, I could have spent thousands more for a smaller, less comfortable, less attractive car. Instead, I am stuck with a beautiful American car. With the Bose and luxury package, it's like sitting on my nice leather sofa at home listening to a quality stereo. Who needs that, when I could have been folded into an Azera or Camry and listening to the engine buzz. Got a LOADED car for $19,400 after all incentives and rebates.

2011 Impala LT
By superyouper on 04/07/11 15:47 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is one big disappointment. I have had several Impala's and traded in a 2006 for a 2011. I wish now that I had kept the old car. This Chevrolet model steers worse than my first car, a 1951 Studebaker. The steering is tight creating a stiff turning in town and on highway. My wife has arthritis and has a very difficult time turning a corner. The car has many blind spots including small mirrors,& rear headrests. I opted for bench seats and find them only fair for comfort. In my 2006 Impala I averaged 30 mpg on the highway. On this 2011 i get only 23 mpg. It seems to lack an overdrive. Unfortunately, I was naive enough to think that the steering was only temporary. It's not.

hard to see to drive
By brenda50 on 02/25/11 18:01 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I HATE the center rear headrest...anyone know how I can get rid of it? I'm afraid it will cause an accident because of the blocked vision. I agree with the others--cupholders in bad place, outside mirrors too small. I have the luxury package on the LT...the seats are hard and uncomfortable.

Interior needs re-engineering
By ed on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Interior needs HELP! Center console lacks good design. No place for park money. Cup holders inadequate & not well placed. Rear seat center head-rest obstructs rear view (inside mirror ).The stamped metal parts of front seat are very sharp. (don' try to slide anything under the seat.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan in VA is:

$140 per month*