Used 2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Great car!
By chachel_02

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2011 Impala used in the beginning of 2012. I got the LTZ which has all the features you could want in a car. It drives great, gas mileage is good, its comfortable for long trips. While the Camaro is still my dream car I feel that the Impala is more practical and comfortable. Back seat has a lot of space for passengers as well. Great trunk space too!

Favorite Features

Heated Leather seats, Bose speakers, Rich interior look.

Suggested Improvements

Space in between seats for cup holders, could be larger. Very hard to fit two cups side by side in the middle console.

Great Value, Perfect American Family Car
By simplecars

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We chose this 2011 Impala over the new designed Taurus. Yes, that is right! Why? Taurus - sit low, can NOT see out back window due to rear seat headrests (similar in Impala), too many buttons and too much electronic gizmo stuff. We liked the simple, easy to use instruments, console. Very comfortable for long trips (drove from IL to FL, AR, MO, KY, TN, more in first month owned). Now have 15,000 miles and has not missed a tick. We purchased new the base model...it had more features than our previous car, and not need to pay more for things you don't use. Paid $19,500 before tax...NEW. Excellent value for the money.

Favorite Features

Comfort, interior (though plastic is cheap in all cars, not just impala). Simple styling and LOW COST to maintain, drive, own. It's a family car in the truest sense of the word.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk opening and depth could use improvement, LESS electronic gizmo's such as ONstar and XM radio. We unplugged both as we have no use for them.

Utilitarian, highly recommended
By mg_davis

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

2 months with a new 2011. It is practical, functional, a screaming good value with rebates, pleasant looking, but a bit boring to drive. For the price I paid, I could hardy buy a small import sedan with the same trim level. If you want the maximum passenger and cargo space you can get in any sedan around 20K, then the Impala LT is your car. With room like this, you wont need an SUV. On the rare occasion you actually *do* need to transport sheets of plywood, pop the rear seats down and load up. The other 364 days of the year you'll enjoy cheaper payments and 10 or more extra MPG. It does most things great, a few things good, and nothing poorly. Best large sedan value, period.

Favorite Features

Value, room, good looks.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps a bit more refined five or even six speed automatic. I wouldnt complain about a bit more power, either.

Value, Value, Value; You get More Than you Pay For
By mattddougherty

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

First, this car (the loaded LT/LTZ models) is meant to be competitive with cars ranging in the high 20/low 30 thousand area such as the V6 Accord. I have ridden in or driven dozens and dozens of these cars in said band and up, such as new C-Class and E-Class Mercedes, 3 and 5 Series BMW, and so forth. With that said, after getting two brands new loaded LTs (one for me and one for my wife) each financed at less than $20,000, this car screams value, for the reasons I state below, and I think from the person who stumbles in the dealership but gets all the great incentives, to the person who knows exactly what he is buying (like me, having had dozens of new cars in my life), this car is solid.

Favorite Features

This car has interior features of luxury that rival (but do not beat) a 3/5 series or C Class - although the leather is competitive with C-Class/3, it is phenomenal. The dash is adorned with burl wood, which is common in every "high-end" luxury car that I've driven, but is particularly nice in this car. Standard, the 2011 LT has steering wheel controls with bluetooth-stereo capability (a HUGE benefit once you learn how to use it that is not in even some 2005-2010 BMW/Mercedes models; crisp, excellent Bose sound system. This car has a trunk as big as or bigger than all others in its class, and there is plenty of headroom and other room throughout the car (I am a big guy, in both ways).

Suggested Improvements

Despite the value for the features, one con, for sure, is the 4-speed engine that gets, what I would consider, below mediocre city gas mileage. Also, I have personally driven 3 and 5 series BMWs that get better gas mileage on the highway. I am not an aggressive driver, and I check how many miles I get out of a full tank of gas. I live in a totally flat area, and this averages 280-300 miles, even with many highway miles, which is not great. Finally, probably due to the 4-speed system, there is a delay in responsiveness in acceleration that is noticeable, but once it "gets up," it "goes." There is no shortage of power. And the excellent handling counterbalances this. You can't have it all.

chevy impala 2011
By wgarcia

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

got one back on june 17, 2011 put 2,350 miles on it great so far. this car is great on long trips and short ones i got the lt

Favorite Features

xm radio, onstar, leather, power