2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Great car!
By chachel_02 on 12/06/12 09:21 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2011 Impala used in the beginning of 2012. I got the LTZ which has all the features you could want in a car. It drives great, gas mileage is good, its comfortable for long trips. While the Camaro is still my dream car I feel that the Impala is more practical and comfortable. Back seat has a lot of space for passengers as well. Great trunk space too!

Great Value, Perfect American Family Car
By simplecars on 05/22/12 10:20 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We chose this 2011 Impala over the new designed Taurus. Yes, that is right! Why? Taurus - sit low, can NOT see out back window due to rear seat headrests (similar in Impala), too many buttons and too much electronic gizmo stuff. We liked the simple, easy to use instruments, console. Very comfortable for long trips (drove from IL to FL, AR, MO, KY, TN, more in first month owned). Now have 15,000 miles and has not missed a tick. We purchased new the base model...it had more features than our previous car, and not need to pay more for things you don't use. Paid $19,500 before tax...NEW. Excellent value for the money.

Utilitarian, highly recommended
By mg_davis on 09/01/11 21:13 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

2 months with a new 2011. It is practical, functional, a screaming good value with rebates, pleasant looking, but a bit boring to drive. For the price I paid, I could hardy buy a small import sedan with the same trim level. If you want the maximum passenger and cargo space you can get in any sedan around 20K, then the Impala LT is your car. With room like this, you wont need an SUV. On the rare occasion you actually *do* need to transport sheets of plywood, pop the rear seats down and load up. The other 364 days of the year you'll enjoy cheaper payments and 10 or more extra MPG. It does most things great, a few things good, and nothing poorly. Best large sedan value, period.

Value, Value, Value; You get More Than you Pay For
By mattddougherty on 08/31/11 07:54 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

First, this car (the loaded LT/LTZ models) is meant to be competitive with cars ranging in the high 20/low 30 thousand area such as the V6 Accord. I have ridden in or driven dozens and dozens of these cars in said band and up, such as new C-Class and E-Class Mercedes, 3 and 5 Series BMW, and so forth. With that said, after getting two brands new loaded LTs (one for me and one for my wife) each financed at less than $20,000, this car screams value, for the reasons I state below, and I think from the person who stumbles in the dealership but gets all the great incentives, to the person who knows exactly what he is buying (like me, having had dozens of new cars in my life), this car is solid.

chevy impala 2011
By wgarcia on 07/25/11 14:10 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

got one back on june 17, 2011 put 2,350 miles on it great so far. this car is great on long trips and short ones i got the lt

Very Poor Visibility
By jedgejr on 07/24/11 18:18 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car disappointed me with the visibility when backing up and changing lanes. The back window is small for a sedan and the head rests blocked half of the window and they could not be dropped. The center head rest actually blocks the headlights of any car that is behind you at night. There is also a bad blind spot between the rearview and right side view mirror when you are trying to change lanes. The back windows are also small. The air vents are also a very poor design. You have two controls for up/down and left/right. I've seen so many other cars that allow you to change the airflow direction with less complication. It is a distraction when you are driving.

Impala LT
By lovemycar11 on 06/05/11 12:19 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After driving several sedans and I do mean several I had said I'm not driving and Impala. I decided to drive one to humor my husband. The dealer incentives were great. I drove the Impala and fell in love with it. The leather heated front seats are wonderful and comfortable. I drive the car several miles daily and have never felt uncomfortale. I average 29 MPG and somtimes 30 The car handles like a dream. The V-6 gives me the power I need. The sound of the Bose speakers are perfect. The technology in the car is simple to use and easily understood. Friends that have rode in the backseat have positive comments about comfort. The ability to see out the back is problematic. Edmonds got this wrong

not a car for weather if you want to drive
By travler2 on 05/20/11 05:02 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Rented this car for a 2 days in Denver May 2011. Rained daily. One problem with car is rear view mirror might as well be left at the factory. Can't see through "lazy boy" giant head supports in rear seats for a view though the rear window. Side mirrors small, no lateral extension, and soak up rain drops until they are useless. I had no vision from behind. As far as forward, the headlamps were so useless I exited the expressway to stop and see if they were actually on. Lane changes were scary at night in the rain given this. Can't report more because I rented a F150 next day that I felt safe in. One fun comical note on the Impala is a rear spoiler on a car that is a slow as a dump truck.

2011 Impala LTZ
By garsarno on 04/20/11 12:33 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Traded in a 2007 Impala SS with 80,000+ miles. The current deal on the Impalas are incredible. MSRP for loaded LTZ was $31,655. GM rebate of $5,000 and $1,000 AARP rebate along with dealer discount of $1,655 gave me a new car for $24,000. They gave me $8,500 for my trade in, and the deal was set. Did buy the Major Guard GM Extended Warranty online so that the complete car is covered for five years / 100,000 miles with zero deductible. In comparison, the LTZ is more balanced and quieter than the SS. But I do miss that V8 rumble! Power is slightly down. They did however, delete the six disc cd player from the Bose option and your stuck with a single cd player.

Dang You, Detroit!
By impalaintampa on 04/09/11 12:09 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Yes, Detroit, I let you talk me into buying a 2011 Impala LT. What I got was a smooth, powerful, ultra-quiet, very comfortable sedan that pulls 30.5 MPG highway. I wish I had listened to Edmunds and Consumer Reports. That way, I could have spent thousands more for a smaller, less comfortable, less attractive car. Instead, I am stuck with a beautiful American car. With the Bose and luxury package, it's like sitting on my nice leather sofa at home listening to a quality stereo. Who needs that, when I could have been folded into an Azera or Camry and listening to the engine buzz. Got a LOADED car for $19,400 after all incentives and rebates.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.