Road Noise Anyone???
By 30_yr_gm_tech on
2010 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
I am a 30 year GM Tech. Bought this pile of junk for my wife 2 years ago and now has 12K on it. We had a death in the family up north and drove the Impala 1100 miles up. Absolutely the loudest road noise I have heard from a New Car ever! Forget the trunk bowtie ornament falling off, the On-Star/XM Antenna flying off the car on the highway, one of the tire pressure sensors went out, and last week the AirBag light came on setting multiple codes. Ask me why GM doesn't want to hear from me!?!?! My wife and I have had it with the car, tried to trade it in for a quieter car and no GM Dealers want to give me more than half what we paid for it on trade. Even with only 12K on it! Calling GM again!!!
Favorite Features
Other than the above multiple headaches with the car, it does ride OK execpt it sounds like the back doors are open and you can hear the tires rolling behind you. It does look sharp and sleek with the non-functional spoiler. The sound system is OK except when the antenna flies off the roof at 70 MPH. Bought the expensive LT model with leather and woodgrain and it looks great. The bumper to bumper warranty runs out in about 10 months and I do not want to be the proud owner of that tin can by then!
Suggested Improvements
Improvement Suggestions??? Sure! Put parts on the car that don't fall apart or off the vehicle! Get Quality Control intact in the electronics assembly to keep my dashboard from lighting up like a Christmas Tree with warnings when the car is started. And last but not least......You would never probably hear a GM Master Tech say this but my suggestion to all is to not buy an Impala unless you want to hear the back tires rolling behind you as if the back doors were open! And that is all I have to say about that!