Never again!
By luvtaymae on
2010 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
I will never buy another Chevy again! Recently had the transmission replaced in our Impala which is ridiculous! The servicemen at the transmission shop were shocked that a transmission only three years old had to be replaced. And to think I bought the car figuring it would be a good value boy was I wrong! Should have heeded the warning from the 2001 Chevy Monte Carlo SS that I owned prior to this car it also needed multiple major repairs. No more American cars for me I'm going foreign from now on...
Favorite Features
None
Suggested Improvements
Improve quality.
By 99snitsky
on 05/15/14 03:07 AM (PDT)

That's a yes/no. If the vehicle's were properly maintained then no. The 8th gen. 2006-2013 Impala the ones with the 3500 v6, 3900 v6, and 5.3 L v8 4 speed auto. trans. are welll known to have transmission porblems/trouble espically the 5.3 L v8. The 2012-2013 came with the 3.6 L v6 6 speed auto unknown if that tranmission fails. So far haven't heard anything bad about that enigne expect how it shifts. Granted not every Impala sold had a bad tranmission. You might have gotten lucky with those 3 Chevrolet's you had. I have a 2010 Impala LS with the 3500 v6 trans. and after reading about the trans. failure it scared me. Oh well its my car so I can only hope the trans. continues to work.

By camarorunner92
on 10/17/13 06:48 AM (PDT)

I think your vehicles issues lie more with operator error more the GM error. I've had numerous vehicles built by GM and they don't have any issues other than expected wear in tear. I had 99 Grand AM that lasted 226000+ miles without needing a new engine, a 95 Silverado at 190000+ miles, Brother has a Monte Carlo SS Both V8 and V6 models (two different year) no mechanical issues. Maybe take better care of your car and it'll run forever.