best vehicle ive ever owned
By andrew97 on
2010 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
Test drove it 2 plus years ago loved it then and as it sits in my driveway now I still love it. I purchased a '10 Impala LT only 1 yr old with 15,000 miles. It now has well over 43,000 and the only thing it's needed was a battery and the air recirculation valve for emissions. (both replaced under war) It rides great, for an American V6 the mpg is not bad at all I get 25 plus on the highway and right around 19 in town. interior is comfy any problems are my fault. only issue I'm having right now is the pass front window motor is slow. with proper maintenance and driving less like and idiot and more like a responsible driver and these cars should last a very long time.
Favorite Features
Remote start is awesome, car is cool in the summer and warm in the winter. The Bose stereo my car came with is actually really crisp. For an American V6 its got good fuel economy, with proper driving I can get an average of 30 mpg on a 500 mile trip to NY. Leather is ok, but the fact it always needs cleaning is my fault should have gotten black leather instead of tan doesn't help I work around heavy equipment. Ride is the smoothest I've felt in a GM car.
Suggested Improvements
I wish the trans was a 6spd auto, it could shift a little more smoothly, back seats are kind of tight but I drive it so I don't really give a crap, I'm a bigger guy about 6 ft tall and with work boots on it can get cramped in the drivers seat, but if I wanted room I would have bought a truck or a Cadillac. my driver seat has started to tear and the weather striping/seal for drivers side is torn up but once again i'm a bigger dude and its a car getting in and out of it isn't the most graceful thing. cup holders are too close together if they were offset it would be nicer. that's more of an adhd thing than an issue though.