Used 2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Never again!
By luvtaymae

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I will never buy another Chevy again! Recently had the transmission replaced in our Impala which is ridiculous! The servicemen at the transmission shop were shocked that a transmission only three years old had to be replaced. And to think I bought the car figuring it would be a good value boy was I wrong! Should have heeded the warning from the 2001 Chevy Monte Carlo SS that I owned prior to this car it also needed multiple major repairs. No more American cars for me I'm going foreign from now on...

None

Improve quality.

Easy to Drive Car
By 99snitsky

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I like how the car drives with the soft suspension, it absorbs bumps very well. All models come with an 8 way power driver seat with lumbar. I am tall and I have plenty of head/leg room. Mine has the floor shifter and it isn't marked, when shifting you have to look at the dash, very cheap. I like the interior layout of the radio, climate controls, and dashboard. Very straight forward and easy to use/read. On the downside the interior is full of cheap plastic/ fake wood. The car has a huge trunk, it nice going shopping knowing you have room. The back seat is small for a large car. I didn't have the car long enough to comment about reliability.

Power drivers seat, soft suspension, easy to use radio, climate controls, and dashboard. The huge trunk which makes shopping easy. The automatic remote which unlocks the door and opens the trunk, mine came with 2. The car has a vehicle information center which tells you oil life and tire pressure. The automatic headlights, you never have to turn them on as long as the switch is on the automatic position. The inferior lights go off by themselves in 10 minutes, so if you forget to leave them on, your battery won't go dead.

THe floor shifter should be marked. The interior materials should be made better. So-so exterior styling, very generic looking. The heat/ac is always on even when its off. If you turn it off, it should be off. Very annoying for in between weather, your wither too hot or too cold.

excellent car for the price
By mmm18

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this used in 2010, with roughly 20000 miles on it. So far I have been very happy with the car. I did 80000 miles; only one minor issue with the gas pedal at 60000, but nothing else; I drove through snowstorms, rain, etc and I felt very comfortable in this Impala. Highly recommend it! Giving what I paid for it, I consider it the best car I have ever owned.

LOVE IT
By jered90

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my 2006 monte carlo for a 2010 impala lt I am truley imprested with the vechile the ride is great because i a big guy 6'1 330 and i have plenty of room when i step on the gas the tires are peeling and I am gone I love the car for the one conserding gettin one you will love the vechile it have
great gas mileage but for me i keep my foot all the way on the floor so i don't get the great gas milage I should but other than that this is a wondful car and by the way mine in what they call raven black with black interior and I just got 5% tint on the windows people have to look closley at me when I drive by HA HA HA HA

remote start

Try doing LED tail lamps and try the HID headlamps

Road Noise Anyone???
By 30_yr_gm_tech

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am a 30 year GM Tech. Bought this pile of junk for my wife 2 years ago and now has 12K on it. We had a death in the family up north and drove the Impala 1100 miles up. Absolutely the loudest road noise I have heard from a New Car ever! Forget the trunk bowtie ornament falling off, the On-Star/XM Antenna flying off the car on the highway, one of the tire pressure sensors went out, and last week the AirBag light came on setting multiple codes. Ask me why GM doesn't want to hear from me!?!?! My wife and I have had it with the car, tried to trade it in for a quieter car and no GM Dealers want to give me more than half what we paid for it on trade. Even with only 12K on it! Calling GM again!!!

Other than the above multiple headaches with the car, it does ride OK execpt it sounds like the back doors are open and you can hear the tires rolling behind you. It does look sharp and sleek with the non-functional spoiler. The sound system is OK except when the antenna flies off the roof at 70 MPH. Bought the expensive LT model with leather and woodgrain and it looks great. The bumper to bumper warranty runs out in about 10 months and I do not want to be the proud owner of that tin can by then!

Improvement Suggestions??? Sure! Put parts on the car that don't fall apart or off the vehicle! Get Quality Control intact in the electronics assembly to keep my dashboard from lighting up like a Christmas Tree with warnings when the car is started. And last but not least......You would never probably hear a GM Master Tech say this but my suggestion to all is to not buy an Impala unless you want to hear the back tires rolling behind you as if the back doors were open! And that is all I have to say about that!