Used 2010 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

LOVE IT
By jered90

2010 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my 2006 monte carlo for a 2010 impala lt I am truley imprested with the vechile the ride is great because i a big guy 6'1 330 and i have plenty of room when i step on the gas the tires are peeling and I am gone I love the car for the one conserding gettin one you will love the vechile it have great gas mileage but for me i keep my foot all the way on the floor so i don't get the great gas milage I should but other than that this is a wondful car and by the way mine in what they call raven black with black interior and I just got 5% tint on the windows people have to look closley at me when I drive by HA HA HA HA

remote start

Try doing LED tail lamps and try the HID headlamps

Road Noise Anyone???
By 30_yr_gm_tech

2010 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am a 30 year GM Tech. Bought this pile of junk for my wife 2 years ago and now has 12K on it. We had a death in the family up north and drove the Impala 1100 miles up. Absolutely the loudest road noise I have heard from a New Car ever! Forget the trunk bowtie ornament falling off, the On-Star/XM Antenna flying off the car on the highway, one of the tire pressure sensors went out, and last week the AirBag light came on setting multiple codes. Ask me why GM doesn't want to hear from me!?!?! My wife and I have had it with the car, tried to trade it in for a quieter car and no GM Dealers want to give me more than half what we paid for it on trade. Even with only 12K on it! Calling GM again!!!

Other than the above multiple headaches with the car, it does ride OK execpt it sounds like the back doors are open and you can hear the tires rolling behind you. It does look sharp and sleek with the non-functional spoiler. The sound system is OK except when the antenna flies off the roof at 70 MPH. Bought the expensive LT model with leather and woodgrain and it looks great. The bumper to bumper warranty runs out in about 10 months and I do not want to be the proud owner of that tin can by then!

Improvement Suggestions??? Sure! Put parts on the car that don't fall apart or off the vehicle! Get Quality Control intact in the electronics assembly to keep my dashboard from lighting up like a Christmas Tree with warnings when the car is started. And last but not least......You would never probably hear a GM Master Tech say this but my suggestion to all is to not buy an Impala unless you want to hear the back tires rolling behind you as if the back doors were open! And that is all I have to say about that!

Will never own another chevorlet car....
By shadowslake

2010 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

2010 LS Impala. Had the car from new. It has 43k miles on it. The vent in the AC that switches from hot to cold has been replaced twice in a year. The inlinement is expensive adding $100 to the cost because of design. The transmition died last week (warenty) but still.... 43k miles... really? The gass millage sucks too.

Pleanty of room in the car for my kids.

Throw away the mold. I also have a 2004 GTO with 120k miles on it and love it. Is a shame that you let pontiac go under and keep this crap on the road.

Good value
By joew80

2010 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car August of 2010. It was between the Malibu and Impala. I was able to get the Impala cheaper than the Malibu. So I got more for my money. As of today I have 21,000 miles on it. This car has been great except of the steering was squeeking and the rear struts where squeeking after owning it for three months. But I took it in and the greased the steering nuckle and replaced the rear struts. No other problems since. That could have been the problem. I recently noticed that my front rotors needs to be turned, but the way we drive in detroit, it happens to all the cars I own lol. I get 29mpg, and thats great for the way I drive.

Gas milage, and pretty much loaded for base.

Needs fold down rear seat for base model. And also cup holders in the rear seat for base models.

LT replaces Beast
By nodrama

2010 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Have a 2001 base impala with 180K miles, I call it the Beast, best car I ever had cept for the leaky aluminum rims. Looking to replace I considered the LTZ, but I drive slow and don't need the power, do need gas mileage and can't afford to replace the 18" $200 tires every 2-3 years. So I got a 1 year old (rental) LT with the luxury package (spoiler, sunroof, heated leather, power passenger seat, Bose) with 24K miles, silver, 17" rims (can buy 740AB Michelins or Goodyears) with better MPG on the 3.5L. Very good looking car, very quiet and smooth. I'm short and I like how high up the power seats go. I call this one the Beauty.

I love this car except you'd think Govt Motors could get better MPG, perhaps a 6-speed auto transmission might help. I think XM, Onstar, Bluetooth and garage door/home security items are cool but doubt I'll use them. I think the backseat fold down cup holder/armrest should be standard on ALL Impalas, the Beast has one but I had to get the leather to get one now. The buttonless fold down rear seats are nice. The car is absolutely gorgeous looking and drives very nicely, I think it's a keeper. My teenagers have their eyes on the Beast, they can forget about the Beauty.

The 3.4L Beast gets a bit better MPG than the Beauty, you'd think things would improve over time. I'd have bought a 3.0L V6 if available for the MPG,. I think the Beast is a bit larger as well. I wish the XM antenna was removeable in case I throw some plywood or mattresses on the roof. The leather seats are a bit stiff, I think the Beast's cloth is more comfy. I have no need for all the safety items (airbags, ABS, traction) and could do with a few less sensors (eg - I have a tire pressure gauge) and wish I could use my floorjack to raise 1 front tire. Wish I had steel wheels too (don't leak). Also, tranny pan needs a drain plug, and take the side wings off the shroud hitting my ramps.

• SUV