Used 2010 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Good value
By joew80

2010 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car August of 2010. It was between the Malibu and Impala. I was able to get the Impala cheaper than the Malibu. So I got more for my money. As of today I have 21,000 miles on it. This car has been great except of the steering was squeeking and the rear struts where squeeking after owning it for three months. But I took it in and the greased the steering nuckle and replaced the rear struts. No other problems since. That could have been the problem. I recently noticed that my front rotors needs to be turned, but the way we drive in detroit, it happens to all the cars I own lol. I get 29mpg, and thats great for the way I drive.

Favorite Features

Gas milage, and pretty much loaded for base.

Suggested Improvements

Needs fold down rear seat for base model. And also cup holders in the rear seat for base models.

LT replaces Beast
By nodrama

2010 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Have a 2001 base impala with 180K miles, I call it the Beast, best car I ever had cept for the leaky aluminum rims. Looking to replace I considered the LTZ, but I drive slow and don't need the power, do need gas mileage and can't afford to replace the 18" $200 tires every 2-3 years. So I got a 1 year old (rental) LT with the luxury package (spoiler, sunroof, heated leather, power passenger seat, Bose) with 24K miles, silver, 17" rims (can buy 740AB Michelins or Goodyears) with better MPG on the 3.5L. Very good looking car, very quiet and smooth. I'm short and I like how high up the power seats go. I call this one the Beauty.

Favorite Features

I love this car except you'd think Govt Motors could get better MPG, perhaps a 6-speed auto transmission might help. I think XM, Onstar, Bluetooth and garage door/home security items are cool but doubt I'll use them. I think the backseat fold down cup holder/armrest should be standard on ALL Impalas, the Beast has one but I had to get the leather to get one now. The buttonless fold down rear seats are nice. The car is absolutely gorgeous looking and drives very nicely, I think it's a keeper. My teenagers have their eyes on the Beast, they can forget about the Beauty.

Suggested Improvements

The 3.4L Beast gets a bit better MPG than the Beauty, you'd think things would improve over time. I'd have bought a 3.0L V6 if available for the MPG,. I think the Beast is a bit larger as well. I wish the XM antenna was removeable in case I throw some plywood or mattresses on the roof. The leather seats are a bit stiff, I think the Beast's cloth is more comfy. I have no need for all the safety items (airbags, ABS, traction) and could do with a few less sensors (eg - I have a tire pressure gauge) and wish I could use my floorjack to raise 1 front tire. Wish I had steel wheels too (don't leak). Also, tranny pan needs a drain plug, and take the side wings off the shroud hitting my ramps.

Better than the "pros" reviews let on
By Chris

2010 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've been a Chevy man most of my life. Never had a bad one and the 1994 Caprice Classic I traded in for this 2010 Impala 3.5L LT 1LT had 190,000 miles on it. It never gave me or my teenage son a bit of trouble, other than the usual parts starting to wear out. Son now driving my 2003 Malibu V6 with 117,000. It's called maintenance folks. My new Impala is super comfortable and the 3.5L V6 is a lot quicker than those "pros" let on (and I grew up on V8's). Ride is smooth and handling is quite good. Quiet inside. I commute 70 miles a day on some tough roads and so far the Impala appears "good to go". Mileage is 27 mpg so far. Visibility is good and the brakes appear to be well done.

Favorite Features

Interior very well designed and comfortable. All controls within easy reach. 3.5L V6 has a good rep and has the power needed for the highway and the handling is quite good. Fit and finish on mine is quite good. Love the leather. Trunk is huge (can carry 2 hockey bags!). Looks sharp

Suggested Improvements

Steering wheel could be a bit thicker for a better grip. The steering wheel has "a lot" of buttons for different functions. Does anyone really use them all? Seems more busy than it needs to be. Needs a few more cup holders up front and in the back. Dump the Goodyears. Get Yokohama.

V-6 for the price of a 4.
By Frank

2010 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

2nd Impala (had a 2007) and it is very good, improved brake rotors, lots of standard stuff (ABS, Traction Control, a great utility car since it has power for the Mountains ( 4's are a pain in CO). Ride is quiet, sound is OK, price was terrific.

Favorite Features

Engine, ride, low wind noise and warranty.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission makes a whine in 2nd @ 25- 30 MPH, seats could be a little more supportive, standard blue-tooth and shut off switch for daytime running lights.

Door Handle Problem
By bulkhed

2010 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Rented a 2010 LTZ Impala in Anchorage for a week. Wife caught the skin of her right pinky and fourth finger at the pinch point where the inside door handle pivots when opening the door. Happened twice in 5 days. Not a good design for her. Didn't see the problem on the driver side but then my skin is much thicker.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the inside door handle design to prevent skin pinch when opening.