Used 2010 Chevrolet Impala LT Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

early transmission problems pleague both our chevys
By billman2

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

can't say much good noisy on rough roads and multiple trans repairs have deadlined the car while we still make payments on it.

Favorite Features

interior comfort and style

Suggested Improvements

quality control

best vehicle ive ever owned
By andrew97

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Test drove it 2 plus years ago loved it then and as it sits in my driveway now I still love it. I purchased a '10 Impala LT only 1 yr old with 15,000 miles. It now has well over 43,000 and the only thing it's needed was a battery and the air recirculation valve for emissions. (both replaced under war) It rides great, for an American V6 the mpg is not bad at all I get 25 plus on the highway and right around 19 in town. interior is comfy any problems are my fault. only issue I'm having right now is the pass front window motor is slow. with proper maintenance and driving less like and idiot and more like a responsible driver and these cars should last a very long time.

Favorite Features

Remote start is awesome, car is cool in the summer and warm in the winter. The Bose stereo my car came with is actually really crisp. For an American V6 its got good fuel economy, with proper driving I can get an average of 30 mpg on a 500 mile trip to NY. Leather is ok, but the fact it always needs cleaning is my fault should have gotten black leather instead of tan doesn't help I work around heavy equipment. Ride is the smoothest I've felt in a GM car.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the trans was a 6spd auto, it could shift a little more smoothly, back seats are kind of tight but I drive it so I don't really give a crap, I'm a bigger guy about 6 ft tall and with work boots on it can get cramped in the drivers seat, but if I wanted room I would have bought a truck or a Cadillac. my driver seat has started to tear and the weather striping/seal for drivers side is torn up but once again i'm a bigger dude and its a car getting in and out of it isn't the most graceful thing. cup holders are too close together if they were offset it would be nicer. that's more of an adhd thing than an issue though.

Whistle type air leak
By lura

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2010 Impala in Oct. 2012 with less then 19,000 miles on it. When I am driving down the road with the window down and air button circulating air from outside there is a whistle from the passenger side. If you turn the fan on it stops. If you have the button circulating the air inside the car there is no whistle with the window down and fan off. I have been told now that all the Impala's do this. Really? I don't believe this is true. Why would you manufacture a car that when you drive it you can't enjoy due to whistle. I am fed up with the run around from the dealership. I had a 2004 Impala and my friend has 2009 Impala and they don't have the whistle

LOVE IT
By jered90

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my 2006 monte carlo for a 2010 impala lt I am truley imprested with the vechile the ride is great because i a big guy 6'1 330 and i have plenty of room when i step on the gas the tires are peeling and I am gone I love the car for the one conserding gettin one you will love the vechile it have great gas mileage but for me i keep my foot all the way on the floor so i don't get the great gas milage I should but other than that this is a wondful car and by the way mine in what they call raven black with black interior and I just got 5% tint on the windows people have to look closley at me when I drive by HA HA HA HA

Favorite Features

remote start

Suggested Improvements

Try doing LED tail lamps and try the HID headlamps

Road Noise Anyone???
By 30_yr_gm_tech

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am a 30 year GM Tech. Bought this pile of junk for my wife 2 years ago and now has 12K on it. We had a death in the family up north and drove the Impala 1100 miles up. Absolutely the loudest road noise I have heard from a New Car ever! Forget the trunk bowtie ornament falling off, the On-Star/XM Antenna flying off the car on the highway, one of the tire pressure sensors went out, and last week the AirBag light came on setting multiple codes. Ask me why GM doesn't want to hear from me!?!?! My wife and I have had it with the car, tried to trade it in for a quieter car and no GM Dealers want to give me more than half what we paid for it on trade. Even with only 12K on it! Calling GM again!!!

Favorite Features

Other than the above multiple headaches with the car, it does ride OK execpt it sounds like the back doors are open and you can hear the tires rolling behind you. It does look sharp and sleek with the non-functional spoiler. The sound system is OK except when the antenna flies off the roof at 70 MPH. Bought the expensive LT model with leather and woodgrain and it looks great. The bumper to bumper warranty runs out in about 10 months and I do not want to be the proud owner of that tin can by then!

Suggested Improvements

Improvement Suggestions??? Sure! Put parts on the car that don't fall apart or off the vehicle! Get Quality Control intact in the electronics assembly to keep my dashboard from lighting up like a Christmas Tree with warnings when the car is started. And last but not least......You would never probably hear a GM Master Tech say this but my suggestion to all is to not buy an Impala unless you want to hear the back tires rolling behind you as if the back doors were open! And that is all I have to say about that!