2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Never again!
By luvtaymae on 03/30/13 00:58 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I will never buy another Chevy again! Recently had the transmission replaced in our Impala which is ridiculous! The servicemen at the transmission shop were shocked that a transmission only three years old had to be replaced. And to think I bought the car figuring it would be a good value boy was I wrong! Should have heeded the warning from the 2001 Chevy Monte Carlo SS that I owned prior to this car it also needed multiple major repairs. No more American cars for me I'm going foreign from now on...

Easy to Drive Car
By 99snitsky on 12/23/12 16:10 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I like how the car drives with the soft suspension, it absorbs bumps very well. All models come with an 8 way power driver seat with lumbar. I am tall and I have plenty of head/leg room. Mine has the floor shifter and it isn't marked, when shifting you have to look at the dash, very cheap. I like the interior layout of the radio, climate controls, and dashboard. Very straight forward and easy to use/read. On the downside the interior is full of cheap plastic/ fake wood. The car has a huge trunk, it nice going shopping knowing you have room. The back seat is small for a large car. I didn't have the car long enough to comment about reliability.

excellent car for the price
By mmm18 on 05/11/12 10:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this used in 2010, with roughly 20000 miles on it. So far I have been very happy with the car. I did 80000 miles; only one minor issue with the gas pedal at 60000, but nothing else; I drove through snowstorms, rain, etc and I felt very comfortable in this Impala. Highly recommend it! Giving what I paid for it, I consider it the best car I have ever owned.

Will never own another chevorlet car....
By shadowslake on 10/24/11 10:16 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

2010 LS Impala. Had the car from new. It has 43k miles on it. The vent in the AC that switches from hot to cold has been replaced twice in a year. The inlinement is expensive adding $100 to the cost because of design. The transmition died last week (warenty) but still.... 43k miles... really? The gass millage sucks too.

Good value
By joew80 on 09/20/11 11:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car August of 2010. It was between the Malibu and Impala. I was able to get the Impala cheaper than the Malibu. So I got more for my money. As of today I have 21,000 miles on it. This car has been great except of the steering was squeeking and the rear struts where squeeking after owning it for three months. But I took it in and the greased the steering nuckle and replaced the rear struts. No other problems since. That could have been the problem. I recently noticed that my front rotors needs to be turned, but the way we drive in detroit, it happens to all the cars I own lol. I get 29mpg, and thats great for the way I drive.

V-6 for the price of a 4.
By Frank on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

2nd Impala (had a 2007) and it is very good, improved brake rotors, lots of standard stuff (ABS, Traction Control, a great utility car since it has power for the Mountains ( 4's are a pain in CO). Ride is quiet, sound is OK, price was terrific.

Base Model plus $4,000 Rebate = Bargain
By LS4ME on 09/04/10 15:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

You get a lot with the base "LS" model Has: cruise, tilt, air, tire monitor, onstar with built in phone service 1 year free, XM CD radio, electric seat 3.5 V6, remote door & trunk, electric windows, traction control, 17" tires. Wanted to go for a Hyundai Sonata but after test drive of the Sonata found it to be a dog off the line until about 20 mph, interior was nosier compared to the Impala and its trunk was very small. Can get 33 mpg at 65 mph with a v6.

LS & $4000 rebate = Best Value
By LS4ME on 09/02/10 14:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The base model comes with almost everything you want. V6, power seat, cruise, air, 17" tires, power windows, tire pressure monitor, remote locks, onstar, XM etc. Average 30-33 on HWY at 65 mph Rides quieter and better than a 2011 Hyundai Sonata. Sonata 4 cyl has great top end but is a dog off the line until approx 20 mph Malibu does not have a 6 cyl, take that!

Fleet Car
By Frank on 06/06/10 09:04 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I use this car as my company car. My last one was a 2007 Impala and had 100K before turning it on my 2010.I already have 25K on this one and had not had any problems . The 2010 model eliminates most of the Impala badging on the outside of the car making it a little more appealing. If you are looking for a large size sedan for basic transportation and no frills this may be the car for you.

Quiet and Comfortable
By BB on 09/22/09 18:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is not a performance sedan but is quite comfortable and smooth on the road. There is a slight amount of delay in acceleration when starting to push the pedal. This car has plenty of pep but the styling is good but not great. Not a flashy car but most buyers want a performer that gets good mileage and this car does that well. If you want a big car with comfort and economy this is your ride!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan in VA is:

$136 per month*