2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
LT replaces Beast
By nodrama on 06/07/11 22:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Have a 2001 base impala with 180K miles, I call it the Beast, best car I ever had cept for the leaky aluminum rims. Looking to replace I considered the LTZ, but I drive slow and don't need the power, do need gas mileage and can't afford to replace the 18" $200 tires every 2-3 years. So I got a 1 year old (rental) LT with the luxury package (spoiler, sunroof, heated leather, power passenger seat, Bose) with 24K miles, silver, 17" rims (can buy 740AB Michelins or Goodyears) with better MPG on the 3.5L. Very good looking car, very quiet and smooth. I'm short and I like how high up the power seats go. I call this one the Beauty.

Door Handle Problem
By bulkhed on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Rented a 2010 LTZ Impala in Anchorage for a week. Wife caught the skin of her right pinky and fourth finger at the pinch point where the inside door handle pivots when opening the door. Happened twice in 5 days. Not a good design for her. Didn't see the problem on the driver side but then my skin is much thicker.

My new ride
By uh60guy on 08/16/10 08:02 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Impala is the best kept secret in General Motors. Practically nothing is spent in advertising for this car yet it continues to be a best seller. In a time when cars seem to be shrinking and full size cars are turned into European style "sport sedans" Impala still offers a level of comfort and style not available elsewhere. New GM cars like the Buick Lacrosse, though a fine vehicle, has an interior that seems inspired by jet fighter cockpits. A tall driver has no place to put his right knee. The CTS, another fine vehicle, when equipped with a sun roof does not offer enough head room. Impala still has plenty of room for a full-sized person while still offering style and performance.

2010 LTZ
By Norman & Ann Marie on 08/15/10 08:10 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Great car, esp. for the price. LTZ version worth the extra expense. Car looks like more expensive Lexus, etc.. OnStar very useful, but could use a map screen. OnStar saved us when we were locked out of car. Car is unfairly and negatively reviewed by Consumer Reports, perhaps on basis of cheaper LS or LT versions.

Overall Splendid Car - 2 design flaws
By vinita on 08/12/10 08:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

The 2010 Impala LTZ is overall a wonderfully designed vehicle, inside and out. Operation of the car is very intuitive and sensible. The LTZ has good lower lumbar support (unlike the LT); however, the head-rest is TOO FAR FORWARD creating neck pain, especially on long drives (it is a mystery as to why the headrests on cars are being pushed forward to unnatural and difficult positions). The car is responsive and powerful; however seems to have less responsiveness and pickup than the LT (another mystery), despite a theoretically more powerful engine, dual exhaust, etc. Onstar is SPLENDID indeed! Sunroof inside shade does not open up the full way (to enable full exposure of the sky-window).

My Third LTZ Since '06
By boycotseattlegal on 07/16/10 17:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

G.M. Continues to build great vehicles. I traded my 08 LTZ for a 10 LTZ. I really like the built in blue-tooth on the 10. New temp controls are better. I'm a road warrior so I know what a car should be to be comfortable. Go with the LTZ model! You will enjoy this car. Its very solid. Take your new impala to a good tire shop or back to the dealer to check the alignment. This was second one I've owned that was shipped from the factory out of alignment. Your factory tires won't last long if you don't get it checked out.

Chevy Impala 2010 - NEARLY Perfect Car!
By Anna Sarah on 06/27/10 17:21 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Chevy Impala LTZ is the most well & logically designed car on Earth! The controls are intuitive in location & functionality. OnStar is truly astounding,giving voice navigation and on the dash-display! The CAR has its own Phone Number! Back seats fold out to form a splendid compartment for groceries, etc. Ingenious & creative. drives beautifully, as all Impalas do, with excellent handling and pickup. The remote engine starting feature is Way Cool! Seats have good lumbar support and comfort, though they could be a BIT softer and more comfy, which would make them totally perfect. The only Design Flaw is that the Sun Roof cover pushes open about 2 inches short of the glass opening. Why is that?!

New Car
By Seadog on 06/24/10 13:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car new and we really like it. I had heard they were noisy inside but this on is very quiet. Great ride and I love the trunk. Have not taken any long trips yet but recent 100 trip gave us a nice quiet and comfortable ride. Have only had it a couple of months but very pleased so far. I really like the style and looks of this car

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan in VA is:

$124 per month*