Used 2010 Chevrolet Impala LTZ Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

LT replaces Beast
By nodrama

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Have a 2001 base impala with 180K miles, I call it the Beast, best car I ever had cept for the leaky aluminum rims. Looking to replace I considered the LTZ, but I drive slow and don't need the power, do need gas mileage and can't afford to replace the 18" $200 tires every 2-3 years. So I got a 1 year old (rental) LT with the luxury package (spoiler, sunroof, heated leather, power passenger seat, Bose) with 24K miles, silver, 17" rims (can buy 740AB Michelins or Goodyears) with better MPG on the 3.5L. Very good looking car, very quiet and smooth. I'm short and I like how high up the power seats go. I call this one the Beauty.

I love this car except you'd think Govt Motors could get better MPG, perhaps a 6-speed auto transmission might help. I think XM, Onstar, Bluetooth and garage door/home security items are cool but doubt I'll use them. I think the backseat fold down cup holder/armrest should be standard on ALL Impalas, the Beast has one but I had to get the leather to get one now. The buttonless fold down rear seats are nice. The car is absolutely gorgeous looking and drives very nicely, I think it's a keeper. My teenagers have their eyes on the Beast, they can forget about the Beauty.

The 3.4L Beast gets a bit better MPG than the Beauty, you'd think things would improve over time. I'd have bought a 3.0L V6 if available for the MPG,. I think the Beast is a bit larger as well. I wish the XM antenna was removeable in case I throw some plywood or mattresses on the roof. The leather seats are a bit stiff, I think the Beast's cloth is more comfy. I have no need for all the safety items (airbags, ABS, traction) and could do with a few less sensors (eg - I have a tire pressure gauge) and wish I could use my floorjack to raise 1 front tire. Wish I had steel wheels too (don't leak). Also, tranny pan needs a drain plug, and take the side wings off the shroud hitting my ramps.

Door Handle Problem
By bulkhed

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Rented a 2010 LTZ Impala in Anchorage for a week. Wife caught the skin of her right pinky and fourth finger at the pinch point where the inside door handle pivots when opening the door. Happened twice in 5 days. Not a good design for her. Didn't see the problem on the driver side but then my skin is much thicker.

Fix the inside door handle design to prevent skin pinch when opening.

My new ride
By uh60guy

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Impala is the best kept secret in General Motors. Practically nothing is spent in advertising for this car yet it continues to be a best seller. In a time when cars seem to be shrinking and full size cars are turned into European style "sport sedans" Impala still offers a level of comfort and style not available elsewhere. New GM cars like the Buick Lacrosse, though a fine vehicle, has an interior that seems inspired by jet fighter cockpits. A tall driver has no place to put his right knee. The CTS, another fine vehicle, when equipped with a sun roof does not offer enough head room. Impala still has plenty of room for a full-sized person while still offering style and performance.

Cabin room and comfort are exceptional. I absolutely LOVE the re jewel coat paint!

Bring back the V-8 SS option. When it comes time to update the Impala go back to rear-wheel drive.

2010 LTZ
By Norman & Ann Marie

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Great car, esp. for the price. LTZ version worth the extra expense. Car looks like more expensive Lexus, etc.. OnStar very useful, but could use a map screen. OnStar saved us when we were locked out of car. Car is unfairly and negatively reviewed by Consumer Reports, perhaps on basis of cheaper LS or LT versions.

OnStar, remote starting, heated seats, cool exterior look (mag wheels, spoiler), big trunk.

Screen for OnStar map. Better mileage. Bigger back seat (more leg room; reduce size of trunk slightly).

Overall Splendid Car - 2 design flaws
By vinita

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

The 2010 Impala LTZ is overall a wonderfully designed vehicle, inside and out. Operation of the car is very intuitive and sensible. The LTZ has good lower lumbar support (unlike the LT); however, the head-rest is TOO FAR FORWARD creating neck pain, especially on long drives (it is a mystery as to why the headrests on cars are being pushed forward to unnatural and difficult positions). The car is responsive and powerful; however seems to have less responsiveness and pickup than the LT (another mystery), despite a theoretically more powerful engine, dual exhaust, etc. Onstar is SPLENDID indeed! Sunroof inside shade does not open up the full way (to enable full exposure of the sky-window).

All control buttons and features - very easy to reach and operate. Really sleek and nice design inside and out. The OnStar is extremely helpful, though it is challenging to get up to date or accurate/proper traffic reports. LTZ has good lower lumbar support. Excellent performance and reliability.

MOVE the HEAD-REST BACK to the position where it is on the 2008 Impala LT - Do NOT push it forward in an unnatural way shoving head forward! Enable inside sunroof shade to go all the way back to uncover all the glass. Eliminate outside side-runners-are just dirt-catchers. Make avail without spoiler.