Used 2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Tranny problems
By Gina

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Wish I read reviews before purchasing, bought two years ago and only put about 16,000miles on it..right after 100,000 mile warranty was expired my tranny went..New tranny close to $3,000 installed..It's sitting at mechanics for past two months till I Figure out what to do with it. Making payments on a car I can't drive..I have payments to make for another two years and sooo I'm not at all happy...Will never buy a Chevy again.

Transmission
By Aneca

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my car in July 2011. Six months after I had to get evaporated canister repaired. June 2013 car stopped in traffic, it wouldn't accelerate. Had it towed to dealer they said transmission needed to be repaired. GM covered the cost of repair. April 2014, car stopped again in traffic. I had it towed back to dealer. They said transmission problem again. This time warranty was expired. I called GM and they assisted with half the cost. November 2015 car stopped in traffic again. I had car towed to dealer. Transmission again and this time they say it needs to be replaced. As of right now I'm battling with dealer and GM.

be forewarned
By d. umba

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I only have 41,000 miles on my 2010 chevy impala. Never had a car with so many problems...display says engine losing power....also warning about stabil something or other...car has loud ticking noise coming from front passenger side when opening or closing doors also when starting car or turning off ignition.

2010 Impala
By car_lover4

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Trans failed at 72k, right after warranty ran out, in spite of having transmission service performed as specified in maintenance schedule. $2000 to fix. Got used at 25k, has always used 1qt oil/1500miles. Trans shop said trans failure is common in Impala. Low roofline makes it hard to get in and out. Cramped interior. Big trunk, but nearly impossible to reach stuff in front half because of small trunk opening. Feels like being in a compact car rather than a full sized. Would not buy again.

I had a 2003 Impala before this 2010. The 2003 felt like it was much roomier. It had a smaller engine but fantastic fuel economy. This car feels smaller and cramped but has a lot bigger engine. Lots of power, but much worse fuel economy. Ok for driving back and forth to work, kind of cramped for long trips. I do like the straight forward layout of the controls, everything is easy to understand and easy to use. Other than trans failure and using 1 qt oil/1500 miles, no other mechanical problems.

Needs to be roomier. Come on, GM, this is the biggest Chevy you make. It is supposed to be the product flagship. This car feels way to small and cramped to be your top of the line model. Needs better gas mileage. My 2003 Impala felt much bigger and roomier yet averaged far better fuel economy in real world driving. True, this car has a much more powerful engine, but the engine in the 2003 had more than enough power, and cost a lot less to fill up. I'm pretty upset about the trans failure at 72k, right after the warranty ran out. Trans shop said this is a common problem in Impala. No excuse for this.

early transmission problems pleague both our chevys
By billman2

2010 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

can't say much good noisy on rough roads and multiple trans repairs have deadlined the car while we still make payments on it.

interior comfort and style