2010 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

2010 Impala Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
2010 Impala
By car_lover4

2010 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Trans failed at 72k, right after warranty ran out, in spite of having transmission service performed as specified in maintenance schedule. $2000 to fix. Got used at 25k, has always used 1qt oil/1500miles. Trans shop said trans failure is common in Impala. Low roofline makes it hard to get in and out. Cramped interior. Big trunk, but nearly impossible to reach stuff in front half because of small trunk opening. Feels like being in a compact car rather than a full sized. Would not buy again.

Favorite Features

I had a 2003 Impala before this 2010. The 2003 felt like it was much roomier. It had a smaller engine but fantastic fuel economy. This car feels smaller and cramped but has a lot bigger engine. Lots of power, but much worse fuel economy. Ok for driving back and forth to work, kind of cramped for long trips. I do like the straight forward layout of the controls, everything is easy to understand and easy to use. Other than trans failure and using 1 qt oil/1500 miles, no other mechanical problems.

Suggested Improvements

Needs to be roomier. Come on, GM, this is the biggest Chevy you make. It is supposed to be the product flagship. This car feels way to small and cramped to be your top of the line model. Needs better gas mileage. My 2003 Impala felt much bigger and roomier yet averaged far better fuel economy in real world driving. True, this car has a much more powerful engine, but the engine in the 2003 had more than enough power, and cost a lot less to fill up. I'm pretty upset about the trans failure at 72k, right after the warranty ran out. Trans shop said this is a common problem in Impala. No excuse for this.

early transmission problems pleague both our chevys
By billman2

2010 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

can't say much good noisy on rough roads and multiple trans repairs have deadlined the car while we still make payments on it.

Favorite Features

interior comfort and style

Suggested Improvements

quality control

best vehicle ive ever owned
By andrew97

2010 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Test drove it 2 plus years ago loved it then and as it sits in my driveway now I still love it. I purchased a '10 Impala LT only 1 yr old with 15,000 miles. It now has well over 43,000 and the only thing it's needed was a battery and the air recirculation valve for emissions. (both replaced under war) It rides great, for an American V6 the mpg is not bad at all I get 25 plus on the highway and right around 19 in town. interior is comfy any problems are my fault. only issue I'm having right now is the pass front window motor is slow. with proper maintenance and driving less like and idiot and more like a responsible driver and these cars should last a very long time.

Favorite Features

Remote start is awesome, car is cool in the summer and warm in the winter. The Bose stereo my car came with is actually really crisp. For an American V6 its got good fuel economy, with proper driving I can get an average of 30 mpg on a 500 mile trip to NY. Leather is ok, but the fact it always needs cleaning is my fault should have gotten black leather instead of tan doesn't help I work around heavy equipment. Ride is the smoothest I've felt in a GM car.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the trans was a 6spd auto, it could shift a little more smoothly, back seats are kind of tight but I drive it so I don't really give a crap, I'm a bigger guy about 6 ft tall and with work boots on it can get cramped in the drivers seat, but if I wanted room I would have bought a truck or a Cadillac. my driver seat has started to tear and the weather striping/seal for drivers side is torn up but once again i'm a bigger dude and its a car getting in and out of it isn't the most graceful thing. cup holders are too close together if they were offset it would be nicer. that's more of an adhd thing than an issue though.

Whistle type air leak
By lura

2010 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2010 Impala in Oct. 2012 with less then 19,000 miles on it. When I am driving down the road with the window down and air button circulating air from outside there is a whistle from the passenger side. If you turn the fan on it stops. If you have the button circulating the air inside the car there is no whistle with the window down and fan off. I have been told now that all the Impala's do this. Really? I don't believe this is true. Why would you manufacture a car that when you drive it you can't enjoy due to whistle. I am fed up with the run around from the dealership. I had a 2004 Impala and my friend has 2009 Impala and they don't have the whistle

Never again!
By luvtaymae

2010 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I will never buy another Chevy again! Recently had the transmission replaced in our Impala which is ridiculous! The servicemen at the transmission shop were shocked that a transmission only three years old had to be replaced. And to think I bought the car figuring it would be a good value boy was I wrong! Should have heeded the warning from the 2001 Chevy Monte Carlo SS that I owned prior to this car it also needed multiple major repairs. No more American cars for me I'm going foreign from now on...

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Improve quality.

Easy to Drive Car
By 99snitsky

2010 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I like how the car drives with the soft suspension, it absorbs bumps very well. All models come with an 8 way power driver seat with lumbar. I am tall and I have plenty of head/leg room. Mine has the floor shifter and it isn't marked, when shifting you have to look at the dash, very cheap. I like the interior layout of the radio, climate controls, and dashboard. Very straight forward and easy to use/read. On the downside the interior is full of cheap plastic/ fake wood. The car has a huge trunk, it nice going shopping knowing you have room. The back seat is small for a large car. I didn't have the car long enough to comment about reliability.

Favorite Features

Power drivers seat, soft suspension, easy to use radio, climate controls, and dashboard. The huge trunk which makes shopping easy. The automatic remote which unlocks the door and opens the trunk, mine came with 2. The car has a vehicle information center which tells you oil life and tire pressure. The automatic headlights, you never have to turn them on as long as the switch is on the automatic position. The inferior lights go off by themselves in 10 minutes, so if you forget to leave them on, your battery won't go dead.

Suggested Improvements

THe floor shifter should be marked. The interior materials should be made better. So-so exterior styling, very generic looking. The heat/ac is always on even when its off. If you turn it off, it should be off. Very annoying for in between weather, your wither too hot or too cold.

excellent car for the price
By mmm18

2010 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this used in 2010, with roughly 20000 miles on it. So far I have been very happy with the car. I did 80000 miles; only one minor issue with the gas pedal at 60000, but nothing else; I drove through snowstorms, rain, etc and I felt very comfortable in this Impala. Highly recommend it! Giving what I paid for it, I consider it the best car I have ever owned.

LOVE IT
By jered90

2010 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my 2006 monte carlo for a 2010 impala lt I am truley imprested with the vechile the ride is great because i a big guy 6'1 330 and i have plenty of room when i step on the gas the tires are peeling and I am gone I love the car for the one conserding gettin one you will love the vechile it have great gas mileage but for me i keep my foot all the way on the floor so i don't get the great gas milage I should but other than that this is a wondful car and by the way mine in what they call raven black with black interior and I just got 5% tint on the windows people have to look closley at me when I drive by HA HA HA HA

Favorite Features

remote start

Suggested Improvements

Try doing LED tail lamps and try the HID headlamps

Road Noise Anyone???
By 30_yr_gm_tech

2010 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am a 30 year GM Tech. Bought this pile of junk for my wife 2 years ago and now has 12K on it. We had a death in the family up north and drove the Impala 1100 miles up. Absolutely the loudest road noise I have heard from a New Car ever! Forget the trunk bowtie ornament falling off, the On-Star/XM Antenna flying off the car on the highway, one of the tire pressure sensors went out, and last week the AirBag light came on setting multiple codes. Ask me why GM doesn't want to hear from me!?!?! My wife and I have had it with the car, tried to trade it in for a quieter car and no GM Dealers want to give me more than half what we paid for it on trade. Even with only 12K on it! Calling GM again!!!

Favorite Features

Other than the above multiple headaches with the car, it does ride OK execpt it sounds like the back doors are open and you can hear the tires rolling behind you. It does look sharp and sleek with the non-functional spoiler. The sound system is OK except when the antenna flies off the roof at 70 MPH. Bought the expensive LT model with leather and woodgrain and it looks great. The bumper to bumper warranty runs out in about 10 months and I do not want to be the proud owner of that tin can by then!

Suggested Improvements

Improvement Suggestions??? Sure! Put parts on the car that don't fall apart or off the vehicle! Get Quality Control intact in the electronics assembly to keep my dashboard from lighting up like a Christmas Tree with warnings when the car is started. And last but not least......You would never probably hear a GM Master Tech say this but my suggestion to all is to not buy an Impala unless you want to hear the back tires rolling behind you as if the back doors were open! And that is all I have to say about that!

Will never own another chevorlet car....
By shadowslake

2010 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

2010 LS Impala. Had the car from new. It has 43k miles on it. The vent in the AC that switches from hot to cold has been replaced twice in a year. The inlinement is expensive adding $100 to the cost because of design. The transmition died last week (warenty) but still.... 43k miles... really? The gass millage sucks too.

Favorite Features

Pleanty of room in the car for my kids.

Suggested Improvements

Throw away the mold. I also have a 2004 GTO with 120k miles on it and love it. Is a shame that you let pontiac go under and keep this crap on the road.