Used 2010 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Very upset Impala Owner
By Nette

2010 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My transmission went out in my car at67,000 miles. i got the car at 45.000 miles. Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!

Owner since 2011 200k miles so far
By Gary45fuentes

2010 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Car engine is strong feels brand new. Only problem I have is the transmission went out at 146k miles. I now put 200k miles since then and transmission is starting to slip again. I paid $1,375.00 for rebuild. Looks like I'm going to have to dish out another 1375 soon 😑

not liking this car
By impala1018@gmail.com

2010 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Haven't been towed yet but seems to be number of small issues, check engine light, tire wear, wheel bearings, otherwise driven 130,000 engine and transmission appear strong

Tranny problems
By Gina

2010 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Wish I read reviews before purchasing, bought two years ago and only put about 16,000miles on it..right after 100,000 mile warranty was expired my tranny went..New tranny close to $3,000 installed..It's sitting at mechanics for past two months till I Figure out what to do with it. Making payments on a car I can't drive..I have payments to make for another two years and sooo I'm not at all happy...Will never buy a Chevy again.

Transmission
By Aneca

2010 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my car in July 2011. Six months after I had to get evaporated canister repaired. June 2013 car stopped in traffic, it wouldn't accelerate. Had it towed to dealer they said transmission needed to be repaired. GM covered the cost of repair. April 2014, car stopped again in traffic. I had it towed back to dealer. They said transmission problem again. This time warranty was expired. I called GM and they assisted with half the cost. November 2015 car stopped in traffic again. I had car towed to dealer. Transmission again and this time they say it needs to be replaced. As of right now I'm battling with dealer and GM.