2010 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
early transmission problems pleague both our chevys
By billman2 on 02/13/14 14:50 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

can't say much good noisy on rough roads and multiple trans repairs have deadlined the car while we still make payments on it.

best vehicle ive ever owned
By andrew97 on 06/13/13 20:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Test drove it 2 plus years ago loved it then and as it sits in my driveway now I still love it. I purchased a '10 Impala LT only 1 yr old with 15,000 miles. It now has well over 43,000 and the only thing it's needed was a battery and the air recirculation valve for emissions. (both replaced under war) It rides great, for an American V6 the mpg is not bad at all I get 25 plus on the highway and right around 19 in town. interior is comfy any problems are my fault. only issue I'm having right now is the pass front window motor is slow. with proper maintenance and driving less like and idiot and more like a responsible driver and these cars should last a very long time.

Whistle type air leak
By lura on 05/02/13 14:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2010 Impala in Oct. 2012 with less then 19,000 miles on it. When I am driving down the road with the window down and air button circulating air from outside there is a whistle from the passenger side. If you turn the fan on it stops. If you have the button circulating the air inside the car there is no whistle with the window down and fan off. I have been told now that all the Impala's do this. Really? I don't believe this is true. Why would you manufacture a car that when you drive it you can't enjoy due to whistle. I am fed up with the run around from the dealership. I had a 2004 Impala and my friend has 2009 Impala and they don't have the whistle

Never again!
By luvtaymae on 03/30/13 00:58 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I will never buy another Chevy again! Recently had the transmission replaced in our Impala which is ridiculous! The servicemen at the transmission shop were shocked that a transmission only three years old had to be replaced. And to think I bought the car figuring it would be a good value boy was I wrong! Should have heeded the warning from the 2001 Chevy Monte Carlo SS that I owned prior to this car it also needed multiple major repairs. No more American cars for me I'm going foreign from now on...

Easy to Drive Car
By 99snitsky on 12/23/12 16:10 PM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I like how the car drives with the soft suspension, it absorbs bumps very well. All models come with an 8 way power driver seat with lumbar. I am tall and I have plenty of head/leg room. Mine has the floor shifter and it isn't marked, when shifting you have to look at the dash, very cheap. I like the interior layout of the radio, climate controls, and dashboard. Very straight forward and easy to use/read. On the downside the interior is full of cheap plastic/ fake wood. The car has a huge trunk, it nice going shopping knowing you have room. The back seat is small for a large car. I didn't have the car long enough to comment about reliability.

excellent car for the price
By mmm18 on 05/11/12 10:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this used in 2010, with roughly 20000 miles on it. So far I have been very happy with the car. I did 80000 miles; only one minor issue with the gas pedal at 60000, but nothing else; I drove through snowstorms, rain, etc and I felt very comfortable in this Impala. Highly recommend it! Giving what I paid for it, I consider it the best car I have ever owned.

LOVE IT
By jered90 on 03/24/12 15:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my 2006 monte carlo for a 2010 impala lt I am truley imprested with the vechile the ride is great because i a big guy 6'1 330 and i have plenty of room when i step on the gas the tires are peeling and I am gone I love the car for the one conserding gettin one you will love the vechile it have great gas mileage but for me i keep my foot all the way on the floor so i don't get the great gas milage I should but other than that this is a wondful car and by the way mine in what they call raven black with black interior and I just got 5% tint on the windows people have to look closley at me when I drive by HA HA HA HA

Road Noise Anyone???
By 30_yr_gm_tech on 03/07/12 07:28 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am a 30 year GM Tech. Bought this pile of junk for my wife 2 years ago and now has 12K on it. We had a death in the family up north and drove the Impala 1100 miles up. Absolutely the loudest road noise I have heard from a New Car ever! Forget the trunk bowtie ornament falling off, the On-Star/XM Antenna flying off the car on the highway, one of the tire pressure sensors went out, and last week the AirBag light came on setting multiple codes. Ask me why GM doesn't want to hear from me!?!?! My wife and I have had it with the car, tried to trade it in for a quieter car and no GM Dealers want to give me more than half what we paid for it on trade. Even with only 12K on it! Calling GM again!!!

Will never own another chevorlet car....
By shadowslake on 10/24/11 10:16 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

2010 LS Impala. Had the car from new. It has 43k miles on it. The vent in the AC that switches from hot to cold has been replaced twice in a year. The inlinement is expensive adding $100 to the cost because of design. The transmition died last week (warenty) but still.... 43k miles... really? The gass millage sucks too.

Good value
By joew80 on 09/20/11 11:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car August of 2010. It was between the Malibu and Impala. I was able to get the Impala cheaper than the Malibu. So I got more for my money. As of today I have 21,000 miles on it. This car has been great except of the steering was squeeking and the rear struts where squeeking after owning it for three months. But I took it in and the greased the steering nuckle and replaced the rear struts. No other problems since. That could have been the problem. I recently noticed that my front rotors needs to be turned, but the way we drive in detroit, it happens to all the cars I own lol. I get 29mpg, and thats great for the way I drive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Impala in VA is:

$137 per month*