Short lived value
By 29karma13 on
2009 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
This is one of those "seems to good to be true" kind of deals. When you purchase the deal just seems to be really good for what you get. But as soon as that warranty runs out... that is when you start paying for the car. At 36,000 miles it only has a 7.000 trade in value even if in mint condition. At 37,000 miles it is broke down in the middle of nowhere and even the onstar is unable to work to call for help. ( yes just 1000 miles after the warranty is out). I have put several sets of tires on this and had it aligned countless times because there is a problem that GM will not recognize with the suspension system. The people at goodyear told me that the impala is their best customers!
Favorite Features
The ability to seat three in the front if need be, fuel efficiency for the size of the vehicle... I have to say I got great gas mileage both in and out of the city. Trunk space... loved it, as my daughter is a cheer leader and we must travel a lot for her games, especially when they take us out of state...loved that large trunk!
Suggested Improvements
All the blind spots ... passenger seat created blind spot... visors as well and they were not movable... who creates cars with non movable visors? Big no no Gm.... very big no no in my book! Seating very uncomfortable, especially if traveling and had to sit in for any length of time. realiability and last but not least... trade in value... really... 7 grand at 36,000 miles? Wait one more thing.... If you can't make them more reliable then make the warranty longer because I am about through with buying chevy's. This is the second time I have bought a brand new Chevy and it has failed on me either before the warranty ran out or directly after. I live on disability... I can't afford this