2009 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Review: LTZ! Reliable AND fun to drive

2009 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Review

LTZ Sedan (3.9L V6 FFV 4-speed Automatic)

LTZ! Reliable AND fun to drive!
By OFFSTAR on

2009 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Driving this car is fun, Do not confuse the suspension on this car with that of the LS or the LT. Since I purchased this car I find myself taking more travel liberties and looking forward to the long drives. Acceleration is perfect with the active fuel 3.9 engine. I average 36 mpg on the highway AND that was manually calculated, not from the on-board computer (if I don't hot dog it). never less than 23 in town! I have only been to the dealer for maintenance and with 30k and no failures I am impressed and recommend this to anyone who wants some fun, reliability and great fuel mileage!

Favorite Features

Sunroof, I pod interface, 18" wheels, active fuel management, huge trunk, Auto lights, Reliability, Yes reliability is a feature! most vehicles will not go 30k without some kind of failure.

Suggested Improvements

I tend to get more engine noise than I think should be expected, the engine compartment is a little thin on insulation! to be fair I do have sensitive hearing. The steering wheel controls are cumbersome at most tilt levels of the steering wheel. better cup holders!