2009 Chevrolet Impala 3.9L V6 FFV 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - My own Impala, not for

2009 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Review

LT2 Sedan (3.9L V6 FFV 4-speed Automatic)

My own Impala, not for everyone
By greysky88 on

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT2 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this vehicle for about 6 weeks and so far it has been a pleasant and satisfying experience. I chose the impala because it has four doors, a 3.5 liter engine over the Ford's 3.0 liter, and it looks leaner and cooler than the Ford Fusion, before their redesign. Also the car was in my price range of under $15K. This is supposed to be a 2LT package but it does not have the heated mirrors or fog lamps. It has the moonroof, leather seats and spoiler. It has 16 inch wheels not 17. As for driving the car, it has been fun, turning is a little loose, and road vibrations are noticable. It has great HP and unobstructed viewing. For long trips it was pretty good, not a Cadillac but not bad.

Favorite Features

Engine, moonroof, roomy trunk, auto start. Seat positioning is good, heated seats a plus and climate control is good.

Suggested Improvements

More leg room, better cup holder positioning, move the power ports and redesign the no frill interior molding. Lower the trunk deck to better see out the rear window. Add a light in the trunk. Go back to the circle taillights from the early 60's and use a metal grille. Fix the fuse compartment door.