2009 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Review: GM is Back in Business

2009 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Review

LS Sedan (3.5L V6 FFV 4-speed Automatic)

GM is Back in Business
By George on

2009 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I picked up a 2009 Impala as a long term rental while awaiting delivery of my new 2010 Toyota. After the first 2 months of driving this car, I have to admit that I will miss it and even have wished I had considered this before ordering the Toyota. I have owned several GM's over the years 60's - 90's. My last a 1995 Grand Prix convince me never to own another. However, this Impala has changed my mind. This is a lower end rental unit and I would have ordered a higher optioned model. My only minor complaint is the outside mirrors, they are small and triangular and NOT heated. This is the first car I have owned in years not to have heated mirrors. This should be standard.

Gas mileage. This car is amazing. I took it on an 800 mile trip and averaged 34.5 mpg averaging 70 mph. In mixed urban driving, I am getting 26 mpg. For a car this size it is great. We have a Mazda 6 2.3L and can only average 16 mpg under same urban conditions. The car is tight, no rattles squeaks.

Put bigger oval shaped outside mirrors and heat them. For those of us in the North, we have frost and ice in winter! Keep up the good work GM. With cars like this, customers will come back.