Used 2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Very Nice Car
By BigDaddy

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

One of the roomiest cars I have owned in a long time. I am as comfortable in this car as I am in my Silverado Pick-up. I am over 6' tall and it is one of the few cars I have been in that I can't reach the pedals with the seat all the way back. Dealership was great. For the price, warranty and dealer support you cannot beat it.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, Driver information system is amazing, even has tire pressure monitors! Bose stereo is fantastic. Trunk is huge.

Suggested Improvements

Not a flashy looking car, but hey, if that is important, buy a new Camaro for about the same price.

Great Car!
By BB

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Got the LT with luxury pkg. Love the smooth ride and handling. The interior looks great.Drove 600 mile trip the first week and go over 30mpg. The trunk space is awesome,esp. with the folddown rear seats. Can handle 4 golf bags. The Bose sound system is amazing,esp with the XM music. OnStar with the turn-by-turn option is wonderful,eliminates the need for GPS. Would recommend getting the upgrade package as it eliminates 90% of the complaints mentioned in the other reviews.

Favorite Features

leather interior, Bose sound system, fold down rear seats, trunk space, spoiler, OnStar system,including monthly diagnostic report via email, handling, mileage

Suggested Improvements

Took a 2 hour trip with another couple and heard that the back seat became uncomfortable

Its not a Hemi
By Mr Hurst Olds

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I loved my 06 300C. It was one of my best cars,but gas won"t stay 2 bucks a gal. I looked at mostly GM cars and always liked the Impala,the SS would be great but I wanted better mileage. I read some of Edmunds reviews and I thought that some were critical of the interior. I believe that was because of buying the lower model. I am very happy with the leather seats and the way they sit. I have 18 inch wheels and the handling pkg {both std on LTZ} and car handles as good as my 300. It does have a little stiffer ride but you can't have both ways. The 3.9 V-6 has plenty of power for all my driving and the first tank of gas{mostly city with some hwy driving avg 23.5

Favorite Features

Looks Handling gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

None

Comfortable and Well Built
By Service Director

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is put together very nicely. It has plenty of power and easily will get 31+ MPG with sensible driving,The car is excellent for quality and price.

Favorite Features

Its handling and comfort

Suggested Improvements

upgrade the wood trim in the interior with better quality material

10 Day rental
By Ray

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Nice car - good power with nice interior overall. Head rests were to far forward and the chrome around the gear selector sometimes reflected sun in my eyes. I did hear a slight squeak near the windshield on the drivers side.

Favorite Features

Braking power

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the chrome around the gear selector. Change angle of head rests. Upgrade dash. The plastic wood looks cheap.