Used 2009 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Look out Toyota and Honda, Chevy is back
By ML Boyd

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased my Impala two days ago after looking and driving many others from Japan. All I can say is, if you test drive it you will buy it. I could not get this car off my mind after driving it. The interior is simple elegance. Sometimes less is more and that's what I think of the interior & exterior styling on this car. I have owned many cars in my life and none has captured me the way this one has...

Comfortable seating, fuel economy and smooth ride.

More chrome trim on the exterior.

GM is Back in Business
By George

2009 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I picked up a 2009 Impala as a long term rental while awaiting delivery of my new 2010 Toyota. After the first 2 months of driving this car, I have to admit that I will miss it and even have wished I had considered this before ordering the Toyota. I have owned several GM's over the years 60's - 90's. My last a 1995 Grand Prix convince me never to own another. However, this Impala has changed my mind. This is a lower end rental unit and I would have ordered a higher optioned model. My only minor complaint is the outside mirrors, they are small and triangular and NOT heated. This is the first car I have owned in years not to have heated mirrors. This should be standard.

Gas mileage. This car is amazing. I took it on an 800 mile trip and averaged 34.5 mpg averaging 70 mph. In mixed urban driving, I am getting 26 mpg. For a car this size it is great. We have a Mazda 6 2.3L and can only average 16 mpg under same urban conditions. The car is tight, no rattles squeaks.

Put bigger oval shaped outside mirrors and heat them. For those of us in the North, we have frost and ice in winter! Keep up the good work GM. With cars like this, customers will come back.

Love My Impala !!!!!!
By Kenny Ray

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car, I owned a 2001 and when it was time to replace it, I gave the 2009 model a chance. Everyday I can't wait to get a chance to drive it. It commands attention everywhere I go with it. I love everything about this car, color, handling and the sound system (bose) I've always owned GM cars and mainly chevrolets and this is the best by far.

Color,(Victory Red) Leather seating, stereo with XM,handling, rear spoiler.

None

Good car with lots of space
By Laura

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've been impressed with the performance, handling, and comfort; a good-sized car which made it easy for me to switch from my small SUV back to a car again. Strengths-I really like the driver’s seat, I can move the seat up (so I don’t feel so low to the ground) and the significant back support (which I love). Trunk space is amazing-a great car for families. I like my dark gray interior and the info provided by the Driver Info Center (tire pressure, oil life, etc). Weaknesses-the dual climate control dials move too easily(you end up changing them more than you wanted to). I wouldn't say it's "fun" to drive, but it's reliable. I haven't had this, but someone else had a fuel sensor go bad.

Better Than Expected
By craig

2009 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my '04 Grand Prix for a new '09 LTZ. I love it! It's got a lot more interior room & the trunk is HUGE. I have to lay down to get anything just behind the back seat. The headroom is great in front & back. I'm not as blinded at night now as the Impala sits higher. The acceleration w/ the 3.9 liter is great! I have nearly V8 performance & am getting V6 mileage. I'm averaging 20 mpg & that's w/ lots of city miles. The features w/ the radio are much better than in my old car. I can see why the police are starting to buy LTZ's.

Good acceleration, sunroof, spoiler, stereo, stabilitrack, traction control

body style is kinda' plain, offer a supercharged V6 version