Used 2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Super Car
By XQQME

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

always loved Chevy.I bought a 2009 left over when I found out they dropped the 8cy in 2010.I think there making a mistake again.My last Chevy was a 1994 SS. The gas mileage is acceptable for those of us that demand power when we step on the gas. I drove my car to and from Fla and NY right after I bought it.What a great ride.Lucky I didn't pick up a few speeding tickets along the way.The car handles great at above posted speed limits. I only stop overnight so I drive between 8-10 hrs on either leg.I was very comfortable the hole trip.Glad I bought it.

Favorite Features

On Star.Radio.Seats.Bluetooth phone.

Suggested Improvements

I only wish the dealers would have a option for cheap rims so we could replace them with rims of our choice. I replaced the 500.00 a pice ugly stock rims with a better looking 110.00 each rim.I also bought a 5th rim and tire for a spare. I was disappointed to find out the spare tire well is to small.

Watch Head Gaskets
By Jim

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I rated this car on 4/28/09. During routine oil change at dealer, they pointed out the head gaskets & crank gasket were leaking on 3.5 liter. It was all replaced under warranty and they gave me a loaner. The honeymoon phase is over. It is still a practical vehicle with awesome hwy. mileage. I find the quietness of the Impala therapeutic for my commute home. It's an almost "Zen-like" feeling of peace when I tune out the chaotic world in my car with XM radio. Even with radio off, its just a quiet and solid car.

Favorite Features

Love beige leather, sat. radio, folding back seat, & E-85 compatible. I'm happy with the car. Disappointed with gaskets at 21,000 miles but GM made it right. At least gas pedal doesn't stick.

Suggested Improvements

When directing heat for "just feet" a percentage of heat still comes from vents. I have chronic cold feet and like to have it blow only low. But my head gets hot. I have the vents closed but still feel some heat directed toward my head. It's probably only me with these darn cold feet.

Cold midwest driver feet!
By Ally

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Except for poor driver floor heating, too large, tall/uncomfortable headrest and poor interior lighting, car is safe and reliable which are my priorities.

Favorite Features

Reliability. Price.

Suggested Improvements

Make headrests shorter so can see above them when backing up. Change angle of headrest so head is not pushed forward. Put more heat on driver's feet. Make dome lights stay on longer - poor inside lighting. Make adjustable pedals standard as well as telescoping steering wheel

Very Nice, Solid Car
By Urocyon

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car as a commuting vehicle when I had to turn in my Company vehicle. After I bought I thought I had made a mistake since the car seems relatively plain. However, the more I drive this car the more I like it. I have owned this car for exactly one year and have had zero problems. Not one. Mileage is much better than expected. On frequent runs to San Diego I average 32 mpg. Car is very comfortable with ample interior and head room. Styling is growing on me. Stereo has nice sound. Good solid car at a very reasonable price. GM seems to finally be getting the message and improving their products. I highly recommend.

Favorite Features

Interior room, mileage, stereo, styling, ease of use of controls, trunk space (it's huge!)

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders stink. They are undersized and poorly placed.

Look out Toyota and Honda, Chevy is back
By ML Boyd

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased my Impala two days ago after looking and driving many others from Japan. All I can say is, if you test drive it you will buy it. I could not get this car off my mind after driving it. The interior is simple elegance. Sometimes less is more and that's what I think of the interior & exterior styling on this car. I have owned many cars in my life and none has captured me the way this one has...

Favorite Features

Comfortable seating, fuel economy and smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

More chrome trim on the exterior.