Used 2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Fun car to drive
By Pat

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Chevy SS is a great handling and performance car I am 71 yrs old but driving SS you fell like a teen again.

Great looking leather seats are comfortable interior in general is very good.

Side view mirrors could be bigger.

The Best Impala since 1996
By BigJon85

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I got a Impala SS it was that or a Dodge Charger R/T for their fuel management systems. I love the car the gas mileage is awesome for a V8. I want a car that got the same gas mileage or better than my old car (3.0 L V6) with more power this car is it. The only regret I have is buying it where I did. The ride is great my and when you get into the gas it is so smooth it doesn't throw you back in seat but you can tell the power is there. I can get on the highway with a rough on ramp and never wake up my kids in the back. If you like power and mileage this car is it. The wheels are nice but I wouldn't prefer them. I love it so much I want a Monte Carlo SS same style and give the Impala to my wife.

My favorite features is the Active Fuel Management system, the bluetooth, smooth ride, sunroof, love the power

5 or 6 speed automatic would have made this cars 110% better and Chevrolet quit killing off the Impala SS you're crazy

Fantastic
By Steve

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car averages 1000 miles per week at 70 mph most of the time @ 31 MPG. Since I bought it there have been no running gear or A/C problems. In fact greasing the doors and oil changes every 3k is all it has seen. It runs today as well as the day I drove it off the lot.

The simple all plastic interior on the dash and doors cleans up in about 10 minutes. Finally a car without poof and living room crap to maintain. Well done Chevrolet. Safety rating is great and the car feels as good as the rating

Brake rotors warped and there is a front end wobble with over 60% of pads left. I'm not too critical though as the car does have 70k highway on it. Most people with a normal mix of in town mileage probably would have been replaced them by now. Heavier rotors would be better in my case. Great car.

Great American Built Car
By Krehfeld2

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Buying a Chevy is warranted again. With the best warranty in the industry is the main reason I bought this car. The ride quality is amazing, Leather seats and Bose sound systems is great. Highway trips couldn't be better. 30+ MPG on a car that actually accelerates when you punch the gas is simply refreshing. Exterior styling is much better than in the past. Engine sounds fine tuned, and transmission shifts fluidly. I highly recommend this car for large people, leg room is high in quantity. I can fit my old cavalier in the trunk its so big. Dependable car, GM goodwrench stands by there product!

Ergonomic cockpit, cruise control is smooth, MPG for 6cyl, Sunroof, dual exhaust, body side skirt, leather seating is high quality, Great highway cruiser

Interior design material needs a revamp, thats about it for this wonderful car. Much better than the Camry I test drove IMHO.

Headrests overshadow all of the good
By Patrick

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Everything I like abut this car is constantly overshadowed by the fact that the headrests protrude too far forward. It is not possible to sit back in the seat and up straight - even with the headrests extended to the max. - (and I am only 5'8"). I have called Chevrolet and have talked to two Chevy dealers. The Chevy help line would only say, "That's the way we engineered the car." The dealers said that they have had other complaints but they didn't have an answer for the problem. Both did not know that the headrests could not be adjusted forward and back.

Smooth quiet ride, Gas mileage, Interior appearance, Easy to use controls, Power and pick up, All kinds of good things.

Provide some means of adjusting the headrests so the driver and front seat passenger can sit with their shoulders back against the seat without having to tilt their head forward. The car would be a pleasure to drive if you were not uncomfortable all of the time.