Used 2009 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Solid, strong, reliable car
By JHB

2009 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

After my 00 Impala 3.5 racked up 250K miles I decided to buy another one. The 09 Impala LTZ has a tight responsive sport suspension that makes for a GREAT highway ride. Seat are vry comfortable leather. Door close with a solid clunk. Exhaust is finely tuned, sounds great. This 3.9 engine rocks with low end tourge. Put it on the floor from stop and you better hold on to the wheel. Engine sounds refined and tuned with the ohv design. Gas millage over 30 mpg if driven for economy on hwy. Avg 24 hwy/city. HUGE trunk. BOSE stereo sounds awesome. This care feels solid, drives solid and handles solid.

V-6 engine with great performance tuned powertrain matches with sport tuned suspension and 18" performance tires. Flip down rear seats. BOSE stereo ON Star Leather eats are very comfortable and high quality Lots of room inside and huge trunk Decent gas milage

Redesign a/c heat controls on dual climate, they are to touchy. Side mirors need improvement. Interior dash and door panels could use more refinement.

Super Car
By XQQME

2009 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

always loved Chevy.I bought a 2009 left over when I found out they dropped the 8cy in 2010.I think there making a mistake again.My last Chevy was a 1994 SS. The gas mileage is acceptable for those of us that demand power when we step on the gas. I drove my car to and from Fla and NY right after I bought it.What a great ride.Lucky I didn't pick up a few speeding tickets along the way.The car handles great at above posted speed limits. I only stop overnight so I drive between 8-10 hrs on either leg.I was very comfortable the hole trip.Glad I bought it.

On Star.Radio.Seats.Bluetooth phone.

I only wish the dealers would have a option for cheap rims so we could replace them with rims of our choice. I replaced the 500.00 a pice ugly stock rims with a better looking 110.00 each rim.I also bought a 5th rim and tire for a spare. I was disappointed to find out the spare tire well is to small.

Watch Head Gaskets
By Jim

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I rated this car on 4/28/09. During routine oil change at dealer, they pointed out the head gaskets & crank gasket were leaking on 3.5 liter. It was all replaced under warranty and they gave me a loaner. The honeymoon phase is over. It is still a practical vehicle with awesome hwy. mileage. I find the quietness of the Impala therapeutic for my commute home. It's an almost "Zen-like" feeling of peace when I tune out the chaotic world in my car with XM radio. Even with radio off, its just a quiet and solid car.

Love beige leather, sat. radio, folding back seat, & E-85 compatible. I'm happy with the car. Disappointed with gaskets at 21,000 miles but GM made it right. At least gas pedal doesn't stick.

When directing heat for "just feet" a percentage of heat still comes from vents. I have chronic cold feet and like to have it blow only low. But my head gets hot. I have the vents closed but still feel some heat directed toward my head. It's probably only me with these darn cold feet.

Cold midwest driver feet!
By Ally

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Except for poor driver floor heating, too large, tall/uncomfortable headrest and poor interior lighting, car is safe and reliable which are my priorities.

Reliability. Price.

Make headrests shorter so can see above them when backing up. Change angle of headrest so head is not pushed forward. Put more heat on driver's feet. Make dome lights stay on longer - poor inside lighting. Make adjustable pedals standard as well as telescoping steering wheel

Very Nice, Solid Car
By Urocyon

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT2 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car as a commuting vehicle when I had to turn in my Company vehicle. After I bought I thought I had made a mistake since the car seems relatively plain. However, the more I drive this car the more I like it. I have owned this car for exactly one year and have had zero problems. Not one. Mileage is much better than expected. On frequent runs to San Diego I average 32 mpg. Car is very comfortable with ample interior and head room. Styling is growing on me. Stereo has nice sound. Good solid car at a very reasonable price. GM seems to finally be getting the message and improving their products. I highly recommend.

Interior room, mileage, stereo, styling, ease of use of controls, trunk space (it's huge!)

Cup holders stink. They are undersized and poorly placed.