Used 2009 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Great American Built Car
By Krehfeld2

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT2 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Buying a Chevy is warranted again. With the best warranty in the industry is the main reason I bought this car. The ride quality is amazing, Leather seats and Bose sound systems is great. Highway trips couldn't be better. 30+ MPG on a car that actually accelerates when you punch the gas is simply refreshing. Exterior styling is much better than in the past. Engine sounds fine tuned, and transmission shifts fluidly. I highly recommend this car for large people, leg room is high in quantity. I can fit my old cavalier in the trunk its so big. Dependable car, GM goodwrench stands by there product!

Ergonomic cockpit, cruise control is smooth, MPG for 6cyl, Sunroof, dual exhaust, body side skirt, leather seating is high quality, Great highway cruiser

Interior design material needs a revamp, thats about it for this wonderful car. Much better than the Camry I test drove IMHO.

Headrests overshadow all of the good
By Patrick

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Everything I like abut this car is constantly overshadowed by the fact that the headrests protrude too far forward. It is not possible to sit back in the seat and up straight - even with the headrests extended to the max. - (and I am only 5'8"). I have called Chevrolet and have talked to two Chevy dealers. The Chevy help line would only say, "That's the way we engineered the car." The dealers said that they have had other complaints but they didn't have an answer for the problem. Both did not know that the headrests could not be adjusted forward and back.

Smooth quiet ride, Gas mileage, Interior appearance, Easy to use controls, Power and pick up, All kinds of good things.

Provide some means of adjusting the headrests so the driver and front seat passenger can sit with their shoulders back against the seat without having to tilt their head forward. The car would be a pleasure to drive if you were not uncomfortable all of the time.

Solid, strong, reliable car
By JHB

2009 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

After my 00 Impala 3.5 racked up 250K miles I decided to buy another one. The 09 Impala LTZ has a tight responsive sport suspension that makes for a GREAT highway ride. Seat are vry comfortable leather. Door close with a solid clunk. Exhaust is finely tuned, sounds great. This 3.9 engine rocks with low end tourge. Put it on the floor from stop and you better hold on to the wheel. Engine sounds refined and tuned with the ohv design. Gas millage over 30 mpg if driven for economy on hwy. Avg 24 hwy/city. HUGE trunk. BOSE stereo sounds awesome. This care feels solid, drives solid and handles solid.

V-6 engine with great performance tuned powertrain matches with sport tuned suspension and 18" performance tires. Flip down rear seats. BOSE stereo ON Star Leather eats are very comfortable and high quality Lots of room inside and huge trunk Decent gas milage

Redesign a/c heat controls on dual climate, they are to touchy. Side mirors need improvement. Interior dash and door panels could use more refinement.

Super Car
By XQQME

2009 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

always loved Chevy.I bought a 2009 left over when I found out they dropped the 8cy in 2010.I think there making a mistake again.My last Chevy was a 1994 SS. The gas mileage is acceptable for those of us that demand power when we step on the gas. I drove my car to and from Fla and NY right after I bought it.What a great ride.Lucky I didn't pick up a few speeding tickets along the way.The car handles great at above posted speed limits. I only stop overnight so I drive between 8-10 hrs on either leg.I was very comfortable the hole trip.Glad I bought it.

On Star.Radio.Seats.Bluetooth phone.

I only wish the dealers would have a option for cheap rims so we could replace them with rims of our choice. I replaced the 500.00 a pice ugly stock rims with a better looking 110.00 each rim.I also bought a 5th rim and tire for a spare. I was disappointed to find out the spare tire well is to small.

Watch Head Gaskets
By Jim

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I rated this car on 4/28/09. During routine oil change at dealer, they pointed out the head gaskets & crank gasket were leaking on 3.5 liter. It was all replaced under warranty and they gave me a loaner. The honeymoon phase is over. It is still a practical vehicle with awesome hwy. mileage. I find the quietness of the Impala therapeutic for my commute home. It's an almost "Zen-like" feeling of peace when I tune out the chaotic world in my car with XM radio. Even with radio off, its just a quiet and solid car.

Love beige leather, sat. radio, folding back seat, & E-85 compatible. I'm happy with the car. Disappointed with gaskets at 21,000 miles but GM made it right. At least gas pedal doesn't stick.

When directing heat for "just feet" a percentage of heat still comes from vents. I have chronic cold feet and like to have it blow only low. But my head gets hot. I have the vents closed but still feel some heat directed toward my head. It's probably only me with these darn cold feet.

• SUV