2009 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Love my Impala
By Elle on 04/25/09 01:17 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I drove almost every car before we purchased our 2008 Impala LTZ. I love it so much! The interior is beautiful, and the seats are really comfortable, I love my sun roof, and both of my boys have more than enough room in the back seat. The trunk is huge! We have an Eddie Bower stroller which is huge in itself and it fits in there with room to spare. We had to evacuate when hurricane Ike came through last year, we fit one pack&play, three suit cases, stroller, briefcase, big pack of diapers&wipes, small ice chest, dog food, toys, a portable baby swing, sheets and a comforter and it all fit, with more room in there. It drives so smooth and quiet! I recommend this to anyone!

Really needs an upgrade.
By TJDasen1 on 04/20/09 16:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Handsome car on the exterior, but the interior is just not up to snuff. The Impala is supposed to be Chevy's top family car and it falls flat by not offering options offered by other "lesser" cars. NO auto climate control, NO reversing sensors, NO HID headlamps! Come on! Even Hyundai offers these. And the handhold for the trunk pulldown is a joke. You can only lower the (dirty) lid with it and then you have to grab the outside of the trunk to push it the rest of the way down. Very bad design flaw. True, this is my 82 yr old mother's car and not mine, but I have to drive her in it. Whats nice is that Chevy still offers a column mounted gearshift option. That's what sold the car. Grade C

Love my Impala!
By MBegg on 04/13/09 07:03 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my Impala after having bought 4 Nissan's over the years. I happen to drive one through our company fleet program. After, being laid off and recently re-employed I test drove another impala. You cannot beat the value, price and look. My experience at the dealership was excellent as well. No pressure! FYI, I used Edmunds before I went and paid below what everyone else is paying....Edmunds prepared me very well!!

Great car
By Ken on 04/07/09 07:29 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

So far I am highly impressed with this car. Its very smooth and quiet, handles nicely for this size car. I took a trip with 75% highway and 25% city driving and got over 32mph. Local driving has been around 26 mph.

Great Car!!!
By Greg on 04/02/09 23:04 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT2 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Just traded in my 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix. The Impala is great, lots of power, and loads of room. You can fit a small family in the trunk!

09 Impala
By Impala Owner on 04/02/09 12:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car for three months and am generally satisfied. The gas mileage is excellent and the ride and handling are OK to good. The car is roomy. Outside visibility is somewhat hindered because of the door posts. No trouble so far. I would characterize this car as bland satisfactory basic transportation but other cars might offer more for the money.

LOVE MY CAR!!
By Chevfan on 03/31/09 13:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my car in March after owning an Altima and I absolutely love it! It came fully equipped with black leather seats, moon roof, spoiler, heated seats etc. I am so happy for choosing this car although all the extra stuff did sway my judgment a little! It rides very smooth and is very roomy inside. I have 3 children and it accommodates them perfectly. I would definitely recommend this vehicle.

I'm loving my new Chevrolet Impala
By bigdiva78 on 03/18/09 13:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Although the interior is sort of cheesy, I'm totally loving this car. I went from a 1999 Ford Contour to this vehicle and could not have made a better choice. It definitely serves the needs of my livelihood. Again, the interior design could use more work. For the most part, I am a satisfied buyer!

Uninspiring
By chevsucks on 03/11/09 18:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car for almost a week now, and I wanted to take it back after a couple days. The interior has the cheapest materials I've ever seen...cheap plastic everywhere. Cupholders are way too small in front, Side mirrors are off a Cobalt (cheap and small). Steering wheel is thin and made of a cheap rubbery plastic. Dome lights are in terrible places, No auto-up on the driver's side power window, no lumbar, average sound system but nothing to brag about, fake wood tries to make interior look classy, but with the other cheap plastic all around, it fails. Gutless V6 engine, terrible shifter materials, no tiptronic, no lumbar in seat, no volume on steering wheel, etc, etc, etc.

Severe Neck & Back Pain
By Jan Burns on 02/19/09 12:37 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT2 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car for less than 2 months and I have had horrible neck & back pain the bulk of the time. Husband complained about the passenger seat on a 3 hr trip being uncomfortable as well. The head rest pushes your head forward and after intense arguments with the dealer, we were able to get written instructions on how to remove it and turn it around (Dealer would not touch it !) I'm now under the care of a chiropractor. Now I drive with a full size bed pillow just to make the 30 mile drive to work without pain. I love all its neat features, smooth & quiet ride, classy interior, but can't wait to park it and relieve my pain. Probably will sell or trade it soon.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Impala in VA is:

$124 per month*