Used 2009 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

No complaints, unexpected value
By mhoffman2

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After owning American, Japanese, Swedish and German automobiles, I unexpectedly purchased a 2009 Impala sitting on the dealer's showroom floor. The discount (25%with rebates) was too good to pass up. Included leather, moonroof, Sirrius radio, full power, traction control and 4 wheel disc brakes, remote start, upgraded alloy wheels. After 23,000 miles with only routine maintenance, the car has been great. According to the computer, we have averaged 25 mpg (29-31 on the highway). The trunk is huge and with the rear seat down is like a mid sized wagon. Reasonably smooth and quiet, has not changed since new. Would definitely recommend as a used car, particulary if under power train warranty.

Comfortable cabin, huge trunk, easy fold rear seats, Sirrius radio, MILEAGE for a large car. Inexpensive to own and operate.

None for this vehicle.

LTZ! Reliable AND fun to drive!
By OFFSTAR

2009 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Driving this car is fun, Do not confuse the suspension on this car with that of the LS or the LT. Since I purchased this car I find myself taking more travel liberties and looking forward to the long drives. Acceleration is perfect with the active fuel 3.9 engine. I average 36 mpg on the highway AND that was manually calculated, not from the on-board computer (if I don't hot dog it). never less than 23 in town! I have only been to the dealer for maintenance and with 30k and no failures I am impressed and recommend this to anyone who wants some fun, reliability and great fuel mileage!

Sunroof, I pod interface, 18" wheels, active fuel management, huge trunk, Auto lights, Reliability, Yes reliability is a feature! most vehicles will not go 30k without some kind of failure.

I tend to get more engine noise than I think should be expected, the engine compartment is a little thin on insulation! to be fair I do have sensitive hearing. The steering wheel controls are cumbersome at most tilt levels of the steering wheel. better cup holders!

My own Impala, not for everyone
By greysky88

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT2 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this vehicle for about 6 weeks and so far it has been a pleasant and satisfying experience. I chose the impala because it has four doors, a 3.5 liter engine over the Ford's 3.0 liter, and it looks leaner and cooler than the Ford Fusion, before their redesign. Also the car was in my price range of under $15K. This is supposed to be a 2LT package but it does not have the heated mirrors or fog lamps. It has the moonroof, leather seats and spoiler. It has 16 inch wheels not 17. As for driving the car, it has been fun, turning is a little loose, and road vibrations are noticable. It has great HP and unobstructed viewing. For long trips it was pretty good, not a Cadillac but not bad.

Engine, moonroof, roomy trunk, auto start. Seat positioning is good, heated seats a plus and climate control is good.

More leg room, better cup holder positioning, move the power ports and redesign the no frill interior molding. Lower the trunk deck to better see out the rear window. Add a light in the trunk. Go back to the circle taillights from the early 60's and use a metal grille. Fix the fuse compartment door.

Got it right
By yobuffi4

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT2 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This car is fun to drive. For a 3.9 L engine very responsive. I get many complements on the exterior design. I have had no service issues with the car and now have 35,000 miles on the car. I get 30 MPG on interstate. According to the computer, it has averaged 26 mpg with all driving since it was new. Very happy.

Car is very comfortable and responsive.

Only knock on the car, noise level could be improved.

Service ride
By jimbo

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I drive an average of 1000 miles per week at 70 mph most of the time @ 24 MPG. Since I bought it there have been no running gear or A/C problems. In fact greasing the doors and oil changes every 3k is all it has seen. It runs today as well as the day I drove it off the lot.

nice ride decant stereo