2009 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
great ride
By louis on 08/01/09 23:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have the ss model which is great. Plenty of room Nice seats and this car drives real Nice and handles the road as expected if not better. As for gas its good but you don't buy the ss model for gas mileage right. I really enjoy driving again. Oh and I drive all day at work. If you buy an impala get the ss you wont be disappointed.

Nice rental car
By NYCarDriver on 07/27/09 08:11 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I rented this car when it was almost brand new, only had 300 miles on it. I drove it for about 500 miles. I wasn't very impressed by it. The gas pedal was extremely hard to push. The side mirrors are triangular in shape with less surface area than the oval ones I am used to. The interior is made of cheap plastic and the wood trim just emphasizes the car's cheapness. But overall, the car drove pretty well. I got about 30 mpg on highway driving. The steering was very responsive and the brakes stopped on the dime. Not a bad car, but it needs to improve in the areas I mentioned above.

boat driving
By Boat Driver on 07/13/09 18:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I got this care with 100 miles on it, new car...but it handles like a boat, you have to push the peddle in pretty dang hard to move the thing (i know its new but wow). also the things handles like a boat, i got caught by a cross wind and i did not move the steering wheel and the car starts swaying on the road like i moved the wheel, very uneasy. plus side is the interior is nice and there is plenty of room...other than that Chevy took a once awesome and fearsome car and turned it into the love boat.

so far so good
By Warren on 06/20/09 15:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Even though I just bought an SS model I found it to be very comfortable and quiet during driving. Gas mileage appears to be fair for now and my only hang-up would be the call for 91 octane for the best mileage/performance. On-Star system is tops in my book and the entire radio system is more than enough for the average adult. General quality is MUCH improved from these guys and no door rattling of any kind.

Awesome SS
By smczack1 on 06/13/09 19:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my favorite car that I have ever owned! Combination of comfort and performance is just perfect. Fuel mileage is very good, considering there is 303 HP small block V-8 under the hood. I have significant back issues, and I am very comfortable after a couple hours in the drivers seat.

Dont buy this car(Pro Mechanic)
By tommygee on 06/13/09 05:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is my worst nightmare. My friends said I downgraded from my 2000 buich century. In city, im loosing 8 mpg-on hwy-12-16 mpg. The steering is for a weightlifter--very difficult, hard. The high seats on passenger side& inside trim at rear, make blind spots, you cant see the cars coming on the right side. You ask--what about mirror? guess what, its so small, you can miss seeing traffic. Seats are very cheaply made, w/hardly any padding for comfort. And guess what---no glove box lock, or light to see, figure that. I was appealed by this car, by its looks, not as a car & don't want anyone to do this stupid action. If you take it home for 2 days---I promise you professionally--you will give it back.

Great car but could be better
By outlook on 05/27/09 17:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Love the car. The gas mileage is a disappointment.(My 96 Caprice with the LT1 engine gets better gas mileage. The head rest is too far forward as it rubs my head all the time. The mirrors have limited visibility

I love it so far
By s2thep on 05/03/09 19:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice ride, smooth & comfortable. Miles per gallon is low but I dont drive much. Zero Percent helped it make sense.

ES 350 AT 1/2 PRICE
By Jim on 04/28/09 19:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Nice tan leather interior with heated seats and simulated wood on dash. Dark Molcha exterior. Lexus-like quietness and superb Bose stereo. Nice volume controls and scan on steering wheel. E- 85 capable, On-Star, rear seat folds flat; 3 things $40K Lexus doesn't have. Still proud to buy from the General. Clients I drive have commented on tight fit and finish. Makes a professional statement without being overly blatant or presumptuous. Plus makes a great family car on the weekend. Has 3 power plugs for my 2 phones and portable GPS. Nice easy to use controls for HVAC. Very logical and practical.

Love my Impala
By Elle on 04/25/09 01:17 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I drove almost every car before we purchased our 2008 Impala LTZ. I love it so much! The interior is beautiful, and the seats are really comfortable, I love my sun roof, and both of my boys have more than enough room in the back seat. The trunk is huge! We have an Eddie Bower stroller which is huge in itself and it fits in there with room to spare. We had to evacuate when hurricane Ike came through last year, we fit one pack&play, three suit cases, stroller, briefcase, big pack of diapers&wipes, small ice chest, dog food, toys, a portable baby swing, sheets and a comforter and it all fit, with more room in there. It drives so smooth and quiet! I recommend this to anyone!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Impala in VA is:

$124 per month*