2009 Chevrolet Impala LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
The Best Impala since 1996
By BigJon85 on 08/06/10 12:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I got a Impala SS it was that or a Dodge Charger R/T for their fuel management systems. I love the car the gas mileage is awesome for a V8. I want a car that got the same gas mileage or better than my old car (3.0 L V6) with more power this car is it. The only regret I have is buying it where I did. The ride is great my and when you get into the gas it is so smooth it doesn't throw you back in seat but you can tell the power is there. I can get on the highway with a rough on ramp and never wake up my kids in the back. If you like power and mileage this car is it. The wheels are nice but I wouldn't prefer them. I love it so much I want a Monte Carlo SS same style and give the Impala to my wife.

Fantastic
By Steve on 07/19/10 11:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car averages 1000 miles per week at 70 mph most of the time @ 31 MPG. Since I bought it there have been no running gear or A/C problems. In fact greasing the doors and oil changes every 3k is all it has seen. It runs today as well as the day I drove it off the lot.

Great American Built Car
By Krehfeld2 on 07/17/10 21:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT2 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Buying a Chevy is warranted again. With the best warranty in the industry is the main reason I bought this car. The ride quality is amazing, Leather seats and Bose sound systems is great. Highway trips couldn't be better. 30+ MPG on a car that actually accelerates when you punch the gas is simply refreshing. Exterior styling is much better than in the past. Engine sounds fine tuned, and transmission shifts fluidly. I highly recommend this car for large people, leg room is high in quantity. I can fit my old cavalier in the trunk its so big. Dependable car, GM goodwrench stands by there product!

Headrests overshadow all of the good
By Patrick on 06/27/10 17:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Everything I like abut this car is constantly overshadowed by the fact that the headrests protrude too far forward. It is not possible to sit back in the seat and up straight - even with the headrests extended to the max. - (and I am only 5'8"). I have called Chevrolet and have talked to two Chevy dealers. The Chevy help line would only say, "That's the way we engineered the car." The dealers said that they have had other complaints but they didn't have an answer for the problem. Both did not know that the headrests could not be adjusted forward and back.

Solid, strong, reliable car
By JHB on 04/24/10 06:55 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

After my 00 Impala 3.5 racked up 250K miles I decided to buy another one. The 09 Impala LTZ has a tight responsive sport suspension that makes for a GREAT highway ride. Seat are vry comfortable leather. Door close with a solid clunk. Exhaust is finely tuned, sounds great. This 3.9 engine rocks with low end tourge. Put it on the floor from stop and you better hold on to the wheel. Engine sounds refined and tuned with the ohv design. Gas millage over 30 mpg if driven for economy on hwy. Avg 24 hwy/city. HUGE trunk. BOSE stereo sounds awesome. This care feels solid, drives solid and handles solid.

Super Car
By XQQME on 03/17/10 21:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

always loved Chevy.I bought a 2009 left over when I found out they dropped the 8cy in 2010.I think there making a mistake again.My last Chevy was a 1994 SS. The gas mileage is acceptable for those of us that demand power when we step on the gas. I drove my car to and from Fla and NY right after I bought it.What a great ride.Lucky I didn't pick up a few speeding tickets along the way.The car handles great at above posted speed limits. I only stop overnight so I drive between 8-10 hrs on either leg.I was very comfortable the hole trip.Glad I bought it.

Watch Head Gaskets
By Jim on 03/16/10 15:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I rated this car on 4/28/09. During routine oil change at dealer, they pointed out the head gaskets & crank gasket were leaking on 3.5 liter. It was all replaced under warranty and they gave me a loaner. The honeymoon phase is over. It is still a practical vehicle with awesome hwy. mileage. I find the quietness of the Impala therapeutic for my commute home. It's an almost "Zen-like" feeling of peace when I tune out the chaotic world in my car with XM radio. Even with radio off, its just a quiet and solid car.

Cold midwest driver feet!
By Ally on 03/07/10 08:49 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Except for poor driver floor heating, too large, tall/uncomfortable headrest and poor interior lighting, car is safe and reliable which are my priorities.

Very Nice, Solid Car
By Urocyon on 02/28/10 22:38 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT2 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car as a commuting vehicle when I had to turn in my Company vehicle. After I bought I thought I had made a mistake since the car seems relatively plain. However, the more I drive this car the more I like it. I have owned this car for exactly one year and have had zero problems. Not one. Mileage is much better than expected. On frequent runs to San Diego I average 32 mpg. Car is very comfortable with ample interior and head room. Styling is growing on me. Stereo has nice sound. Good solid car at a very reasonable price. GM seems to finally be getting the message and improving their products. I highly recommend.

Look out Toyota and Honda, Chevy is back
By ML Boyd on 02/28/10 14:42 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased my Impala two days ago after looking and driving many others from Japan. All I can say is, if you test drive it you will buy it. I could not get this car off my mind after driving it. The interior is simple elegance. Sometimes less is more and that's what I think of the interior & exterior styling on this car. I have owned many cars in my life and none has captured me the way this one has...