Used 2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Problems with this Chevy
By Kellie Leonard

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car used back in 2010 with average miles. Now on my 6th year everything is going wrong. Here's what went wrong and not under warranty seeing the five (5) years are up: 1.) Car won't shift out of drive into park. $300.00 visit to the Chevy Dealer to fix. 2.) ABS light, and reduced power light came on. Another $350.00 trip to the Chevy Dealer. 3.) Now a load tapping noise from the glove box area. Another $350.00 trip to the Chevy Dealer to fix. 2 of my 4 door locks don't work properly and my check air bag light is now going on. I can only wonder how much more this will cost me!!!
Very disappointed in the quality of my Chevy Impala. Don't buy!

At 78,000 miles, still drives like new
By Melvin H Hoffman

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car primarily because I needed a reliable, reasonable efficient and large vehicle. At a discount of more than 20% it has proved thus far to be a bargain. Just put on new tires and brakes (although still had some pad left). Have changed oil and filters regularly, otherwise just drive it and maintain it. Only problems have been minor: ventilation door in dash needed replacement ($70); Dash in front has a crack from Florida sun (not unusual), replacement is about $120; otherwise no problems whatsoever. I also own a Mercedes (with $120 plus oil changes, crazy) and I prefer to drive this vehicle. In overall use it has averages more than 26 mpg, mostly local mileage.

First time owner of Impala
By 2011franf

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

a friend who has a impala just like mind was having some issues with her car. on this edmunds.com site when i was reading some reviews about other people who had similiar issues with there impala.I was surprised to read the reviews..I purchased my impala in 2011 and one month later when driving home from work the check engine light, service traction control light, ABS light, service airbags light, and tire gage light all came on at the same time..needless to say i did not know what was going on. before I could get it into the shop the next day i was exiting the ramp to enter the freeway when suddenly the car accelerated on its own and slammed me into a brick wall.

my favorite feature of the impala is the way the car was designed and style on the outside..that is what caught my eye.

honestly i don't know what i would suggest for improvements for the impala..this was my first time owening one, so i never experience that before or with any other vehicle i have ever owened. I just will never forget this experience with this one..scary.

100% Pure Love!
By levwop

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love this car it is so much fun to drive, it is an eye catcher! Have not done anything major to it besides oil changes etc the normal. The get up and go in this is amazing! When i found out they are not coming back with Impala SS in 2014, Very upset with Chevy on this! I will keep this car as a collector now bc they are not made anymoe 2009 was the last year this car was produced..

The interior is amazing heated seats dual AC control power seats, Just an amazing level of comfort front and back. The exterior is sleek and but stylish.

alternator
By amanda52

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Has anyone ever had there alternator go at 20,000k's. I own a 2009 Impala the alternator went and it is not covered by the warranty.The GM service people told me that these things happen,WOW I wonder what is going to happen next, I am in disbelief I had A
Buick for 11 years and never replaced an alternator.I am so unhappy with GM.