Used 2009 Chevrolet Impala LT2 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Problems with this Chevy
By Kellie Leonard

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car used back in 2010 with average miles. Now on my 6th year everything is going wrong. Here's what went wrong and not under warranty seeing the five (5) years are up: 1.) Car won't shift out of drive into park. $300.00 visit to the Chevy Dealer to fix. 2.) ABS light, and reduced power light came on. Another $350.00 trip to the Chevy Dealer. 3.) Now a load tapping noise from the glove box area. Another $350.00 trip to the Chevy Dealer to fix. 2 of my 4 door locks don't work properly and my check air bag light is now going on. I can only wonder how much more this will cost me!!!
Very disappointed in the quality of my Chevy Impala. Don't buy!

My own Impala, not for everyone
By greysky88

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this vehicle for about 6 weeks and so far it has been a pleasant and satisfying experience. I chose the impala because it has four doors, a 3.5 liter engine over the Ford's 3.0 liter, and it looks leaner and cooler than the Ford Fusion, before their redesign. Also the car was in my price range of under $15K. This is supposed to be a 2LT package but it does not have the heated mirrors or fog lamps. It has the moonroof, leather seats and spoiler. It has 16 inch wheels not 17. As for driving the car, it has been fun, turning is a little loose, and road vibrations are noticable. It has great HP and unobstructed viewing. For long trips it was pretty good, not a Cadillac but not bad.

Engine, moonroof, roomy trunk, auto start. Seat positioning is good, heated seats a plus and climate control is good.

More leg room, better cup holder positioning, move the power ports and redesign the no frill interior molding. Lower the trunk deck to better see out the rear window. Add a light in the trunk. Go back to the circle taillights from the early 60's and use a metal grille. Fix the fuse compartment door.

Got it right
By yobuffi4

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This car is fun to drive. For a 3.9 L engine very responsive. I get many complements on the exterior design. I have had no service issues with the car and now have 35,000 miles on the car. I get 30 MPG on interstate. According to the computer, it has averaged 26 mpg with all driving since it was new. Very happy.

Car is very comfortable and responsive.

Only knock on the car, noise level could be improved.

Great American Built Car
By Krehfeld2

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Buying a Chevy is warranted again. With the best warranty in the industry is the main reason I bought this car. The ride quality is amazing, Leather seats and Bose sound systems is great. Highway trips couldn't be better. 30+ MPG on a car that actually accelerates when you punch the gas is simply refreshing. Exterior styling is much better than in the past. Engine sounds fine tuned, and transmission shifts fluidly. I highly recommend this car for large people, leg room is high in quantity. I can fit my old cavalier in the trunk its so big. Dependable car, GM goodwrench stands by there product!

Ergonomic cockpit, cruise control is smooth, MPG for 6cyl, Sunroof, dual exhaust, body side skirt, leather seating is high quality, Great highway cruiser

Interior design material needs a revamp, thats about it for this wonderful car. Much better than the Camry I test drove IMHO.

Very Nice, Solid Car
By Urocyon

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car as a commuting vehicle when I had to turn in my Company vehicle. After I bought I thought I had made a mistake since the car seems relatively plain. However, the more I drive this car the more I like it. I have owned this car for exactly one year and have had zero problems. Not one. Mileage is much better than expected. On frequent runs to San Diego I average 32 mpg. Car is very comfortable with ample interior and head room. Styling is growing on me. Stereo has nice sound. Good solid car at a very reasonable price. GM seems to finally be getting the message and improving their products. I highly recommend.

Interior room, mileage, stereo, styling, ease of use of controls, trunk space (it's huge!)

Cup holders stink. They are undersized and poorly placed.