2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
100% Pure Love!
By levwop on 05/22/13 11:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love this car it is so much fun to drive, it is an eye catcher! Have not done anything major to it besides oil changes etc the normal. The get up and go in this is amazing! When i found out they are not coming back with Impala SS in 2014, Very upset with Chevy on this! I will keep this car as a collector now bc they are not made anymoe 2009 was the last year this car was produced..

Fun car to drive
By Pat on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Chevy SS is a great handling and performance car I am 71 yrs old but driving SS you fell like a teen again.

The Best Impala since 1996
By BigJon85 on 08/06/10 12:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I got a Impala SS it was that or a Dodge Charger R/T for their fuel management systems. I love the car the gas mileage is awesome for a V8. I want a car that got the same gas mileage or better than my old car (3.0 L V6) with more power this car is it. The only regret I have is buying it where I did. The ride is great my and when you get into the gas it is so smooth it doesn't throw you back in seat but you can tell the power is there. I can get on the highway with a rough on ramp and never wake up my kids in the back. If you like power and mileage this car is it. The wheels are nice but I wouldn't prefer them. I love it so much I want a Monte Carlo SS same style and give the Impala to my wife.

Super Car
By XQQME on 03/17/10 21:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

always loved Chevy.I bought a 2009 left over when I found out they dropped the 8cy in 2010.I think there making a mistake again.My last Chevy was a 1994 SS. The gas mileage is acceptable for those of us that demand power when we step on the gas. I drove my car to and from Fla and NY right after I bought it.What a great ride.Lucky I didn't pick up a few speeding tickets along the way.The car handles great at above posted speed limits. I only stop overnight so I drive between 8-10 hrs on either leg.I was very comfortable the hole trip.Glad I bought it.

great ride
By louis on 08/01/09 23:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have the ss model which is great. Plenty of room Nice seats and this car drives real Nice and handles the road as expected if not better. As for gas its good but you don't buy the ss model for gas mileage right. I really enjoy driving again. Oh and I drive all day at work. If you buy an impala get the ss you wont be disappointed.

so far so good
By Warren on 06/20/09 15:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Even though I just bought an SS model I found it to be very comfortable and quiet during driving. Gas mileage appears to be fair for now and my only hang-up would be the call for 91 octane for the best mileage/performance. On-Star system is tops in my book and the entire radio system is more than enough for the average adult. General quality is MUCH improved from these guys and no door rattling of any kind.

Awesome SS
By smczack1 on 06/13/09 19:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my favorite car that I have ever owned! Combination of comfort and performance is just perfect. Fuel mileage is very good, considering there is 303 HP small block V-8 under the hood. I have significant back issues, and I am very comfortable after a couple hours in the drivers seat.

I love it so far
By s2thep on 05/03/09 19:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice ride, smooth & comfortable. Miles per gallon is low but I dont drive much. Zero Percent helped it make sense.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan in VA is:

$145 per month*