Used 2009 Chevrolet Impala LTZ Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

LTZ! Reliable AND fun to drive!
By OFFSTAR

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Driving this car is fun, Do not confuse the suspension on this car with that of the LS or the LT. Since I purchased this car I find myself taking more travel liberties and looking forward to the long drives. Acceleration is perfect with the active fuel 3.9 engine. I average 36 mpg on the highway AND that was manually calculated, not from the on-board computer (if I don't hot dog it). never less than 23 in town! I have only been to the dealer for maintenance and with 30k and no failures I am impressed and recommend this to anyone who wants some fun, reliability and great fuel mileage!

Favorite Features

Sunroof, I pod interface, 18" wheels, active fuel management, huge trunk, Auto lights, Reliability, Yes reliability is a feature! most vehicles will not go 30k without some kind of failure.

Suggested Improvements

I tend to get more engine noise than I think should be expected, the engine compartment is a little thin on insulation! to be fair I do have sensitive hearing. The steering wheel controls are cumbersome at most tilt levels of the steering wheel. better cup holders!

Solid, strong, reliable car
By JHB

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

After my 00 Impala 3.5 racked up 250K miles I decided to buy another one. The 09 Impala LTZ has a tight responsive sport suspension that makes for a GREAT highway ride. Seat are vry comfortable leather. Door close with a solid clunk. Exhaust is finely tuned, sounds great. This 3.9 engine rocks with low end tourge. Put it on the floor from stop and you better hold on to the wheel. Engine sounds refined and tuned with the ohv design. Gas millage over 30 mpg if driven for economy on hwy. Avg 24 hwy/city. HUGE trunk. BOSE stereo sounds awesome. This care feels solid, drives solid and handles solid.

Favorite Features

V-6 engine with great performance tuned powertrain matches with sport tuned suspension and 18" performance tires. Flip down rear seats. BOSE stereo ON Star Leather eats are very comfortable and high quality Lots of room inside and huge trunk Decent gas milage

Suggested Improvements

Redesign a/c heat controls on dual climate, they are to touchy. Side mirors need improvement. Interior dash and door panels could use more refinement.

Better Than Expected
By craig

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my '04 Grand Prix for a new '09 LTZ. I love it! It's got a lot more interior room & the trunk is HUGE. I have to lay down to get anything just behind the back seat. The headroom is great in front & back. I'm not as blinded at night now as the Impala sits higher. The acceleration w/ the 3.9 liter is great! I have nearly V8 performance & am getting V6 mileage. I'm averaging 20 mpg & that's w/ lots of city miles. The features w/ the radio are much better than in my old car. I can see why the police are starting to buy LTZ's.

Favorite Features

Good acceleration, sunroof, spoiler, stereo, stabilitrack, traction control

Suggested Improvements

body style is kinda' plain, offer a supercharged V6 version

Very Nice Car
By BigDaddy

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

One of the roomiest cars I have owned in a long time. I am as comfortable in this car as I am in my Silverado Pick-up. I am over 6' tall and it is one of the few cars I have been in that I can't reach the pedals with the seat all the way back. Dealership was great. For the price, warranty and dealer support you cannot beat it.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, Driver information system is amazing, even has tire pressure monitors! Bose stereo is fantastic. Trunk is huge.

Suggested Improvements

Not a flashy looking car, but hey, if that is important, buy a new Camaro for about the same price.

Its not a Hemi
By Mr Hurst Olds

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I loved my 06 300C. It was one of my best cars,but gas won"t stay 2 bucks a gal. I looked at mostly GM cars and always liked the Impala,the SS would be great but I wanted better mileage. I read some of Edmunds reviews and I thought that some were critical of the interior. I believe that was because of buying the lower model. I am very happy with the leather seats and the way they sit. I have 18 inch wheels and the handling pkg {both std on LTZ} and car handles as good as my 300. It does have a little stiffer ride but you can't have both ways. The 3.9 V-6 has plenty of power for all my driving and the first tank of gas{mostly city with some hwy driving avg 23.5

Favorite Features

Looks Handling gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

None