2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
My own Impala, not for everyone
By greysky88 on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this vehicle for about 6 weeks and so far it has been a pleasant and satisfying experience. I chose the impala because it has four doors, a 3.5 liter engine over the Ford's 3.0 liter, and it looks leaner and cooler than the Ford Fusion, before their redesign. Also the car was in my price range of under $15K. This is supposed to be a 2LT package but it does not have the heated mirrors or fog lamps. It has the moonroof, leather seats and spoiler. It has 16 inch wheels not 17. As for driving the car, it has been fun, turning is a little loose, and road vibrations are noticable. It has great HP and unobstructed viewing. For long trips it was pretty good, not a Cadillac but not bad.

Got it right
By yobuffi4 on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This car is fun to drive. For a 3.9 L engine very responsive. I get many complements on the exterior design. I have had no service issues with the car and now have 35,000 miles on the car. I get 30 MPG on interstate. According to the computer, it has averaged 26 mpg with all driving since it was new. Very happy.

Great American Built Car
By Krehfeld2 on 07/17/10 21:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Buying a Chevy is warranted again. With the best warranty in the industry is the main reason I bought this car. The ride quality is amazing, Leather seats and Bose sound systems is great. Highway trips couldn't be better. 30+ MPG on a car that actually accelerates when you punch the gas is simply refreshing. Exterior styling is much better than in the past. Engine sounds fine tuned, and transmission shifts fluidly. I highly recommend this car for large people, leg room is high in quantity. I can fit my old cavalier in the trunk its so big. Dependable car, GM goodwrench stands by there product!

Very Nice, Solid Car
By Urocyon on 02/28/10 22:38 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car as a commuting vehicle when I had to turn in my Company vehicle. After I bought I thought I had made a mistake since the car seems relatively plain. However, the more I drive this car the more I like it. I have owned this car for exactly one year and have had zero problems. Not one. Mileage is much better than expected. On frequent runs to San Diego I average 32 mpg. Car is very comfortable with ample interior and head room. Styling is growing on me. Stereo has nice sound. Good solid car at a very reasonable price. GM seems to finally be getting the message and improving their products. I highly recommend.

Great Car!!!
By Greg on 04/02/09 23:04 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Just traded in my 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix. The Impala is great, lots of power, and loads of room. You can fit a small family in the trunk!

Severe Neck & Back Pain
By Jan Burns on 02/19/09 12:37 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car for less than 2 months and I have had horrible neck & back pain the bulk of the time. Husband complained about the passenger seat on a 3 hr trip being uncomfortable as well. The head rest pushes your head forward and after intense arguments with the dealer, we were able to get written instructions on how to remove it and turn it around (Dealer would not touch it !) I'm now under the care of a chiropractor. Now I drive with a full size bed pillow just to make the 30 mile drive to work without pain. I love all its neat features, smooth & quiet ride, classy interior, but can't wait to park it and relieve my pain. Probably will sell or trade it soon.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan in VA is:

$117 per month*