Used 2009 Chevrolet Impala LS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

It delivers
By Joe Novak

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It isn't sexy, it isn't fast. Fuel economy is ok but not great. More importantly, it's very comfortable, reasonably quiet, and spacious. Most eimportantly, it's been reliable and inexpensive to operate.

Shame on you Chevy **SHAME SHAME SHAME
By Don

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

09 Impala, terrible engineering. And its no recall. It could be very expensive for some of you replacing sensors to finally replace the accelerator position sensor (pedal). I'm a tech and it had me stumped on my wife's car for 2 days. Did not buy or replace anything until I was sure I pinned it down. "Reduce engine power" "Service Traction Control" "Engine Light" codes P2122/P2138. Accelerator Position Pedal (APP) costed me $72 without any discount, 2 -10mm bolts & 5 minutes of my time. I'm a Chevy lover and this won't discourage me from any of my other Chevys or any future Chevys. Just don't believe it from the inside "quality control" side of it in our own American dealerships.

ITS A REAL SHAME

what is wrong with chevrolet???
By Catalinaaiden

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I hav 2009 impalla and have the same problem as everybody else the traction control light is dying on the freeway is not under warranty that they don't want to fix it the clicking noise in the dashboard went to dealership they wanted $950 to fix it and nothing is under warranty obviously is not something that the consumers are doing it's something that company did when they made this car but then they put a recall in for a key and needs to be redone but don't care about people having their vehicles dying on them on the freeway when they have children in the car can somebody answer me this question and what the hell is wrong with Chevrolet and why aren't they fixing these problems cuz everybody that has these cars have the same problem and what should we do

My father sure taught me impalas
By Andi newsome

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Low miles are best !!! 30,000 or less if you want to keep the car for long if you maintence it right shell do you good

First time owner of Impala
By 2011franf

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

a friend who has a impala just like mind was having some issues with her car. on this edmunds.com site when i was reading some reviews about other people who had similiar issues with there impala.I was surprised to read the reviews..I purchased my impala in 2011 and one month later when driving home from work the check engine light, service traction control light, ABS light, service airbags light, and tire gage light all came on at the same time..needless to say i did not know what was going on. before I could get it into the shop the next day i was exiting the ramp to enter the freeway when suddenly the car accelerated on its own and slammed me into a brick wall.

my favorite feature of the impala is the way the car was designed and style on the outside..that is what caught my eye.

honestly i don't know what i would suggest for improvements for the impala..this was my first time owening one, so i never experience that before or with any other vehicle i have ever owened. I just will never forget this experience with this one..scary.