Used 2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

what is wrong with chevrolet???
By Catalinaaiden

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I hav 2009 impalla and have the same problem as everybody else the traction control light is dying on the freeway is not under warranty that they don't want to fix it the clicking noise in the dashboard went to dealership they wanted $950 to fix it and nothing is under warranty obviously is not something that the consumers are doing it's something that company did when they made this car but then they put a recall in for a key and needs to be redone but don't care about people having their vehicles dying on them on the freeway when they have children in the car can somebody answer me this question and what the hell is wrong with Chevrolet and why aren't they fixing these problems cuz everybody that has these cars have the same problem and what should we do

My father sure taught me impalas
By Andi newsome

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Low miles are best !!! 30,000 or less if you want to keep the car for long if you maintence it right shell do you good

Problems with this Chevy
By Kellie Leonard

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car used back in 2010 with average miles. Now on my 6th year everything is going wrong. Here's what went wrong and not under warranty seeing the five (5) years are up: 1.) Car won't shift out of drive into park. $300.00 visit to the Chevy Dealer to fix. 2.) ABS light, and reduced power light came on. Another $350.00 trip to the Chevy Dealer. 3.) Now a load tapping noise from the glove box area. Another $350.00 trip to the Chevy Dealer to fix. 2 of my 4 door locks don't work properly and my check air bag light is now going on. I can only wonder how much more this will cost me!!! Very disappointed in the quality of my Chevy Impala. Don't buy!

At 78,000 miles, still drives like new
By Melvin H Hoffman

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car primarily because I needed a reliable, reasonable efficient and large vehicle. At a discount of more than 20% it has proved thus far to be a bargain. Just put on new tires and brakes (although still had some pad left). Have changed oil and filters regularly, otherwise just drive it and maintain it. Only problems have been minor: ventilation door in dash needed replacement ($70); Dash in front has a crack from Florida sun (not unusual), replacement is about $120; otherwise no problems whatsoever. I also own a Mercedes (with $120 plus oil changes, crazy) and I prefer to drive this vehicle. In overall use it has averages more than 26 mpg, mostly local mileage.

First time owner of Impala
By 2011franf

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

a friend who has a impala just like mind was having some issues with her car. on this edmunds.com site when i was reading some reviews about other people who had similiar issues with there impala.I was surprised to read the reviews..I purchased my impala in 2011 and one month later when driving home from work the check engine light, service traction control light, ABS light, service airbags light, and tire gage light all came on at the same time..needless to say i did not know what was going on. before I could get it into the shop the next day i was exiting the ramp to enter the freeway when suddenly the car accelerated on its own and slammed me into a brick wall.

my favorite feature of the impala is the way the car was designed and style on the outside..that is what caught my eye.

honestly i don't know what i would suggest for improvements for the impala..this was my first time owening one, so i never experience that before or with any other vehicle i have ever owened. I just will never forget this experience with this one..scary.

• SUV