2009 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
LTZ! Reliable AND fun to drive!
By OFFSTAR on 11/22/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Driving this car is fun, Do not confuse the suspension on this car with that of the LS or the LT. Since I purchased this car I find myself taking more travel liberties and looking forward to the long drives. Acceleration is perfect with the active fuel 3.9 engine. I average 36 mpg on the highway AND that was manually calculated, not from the on-board computer (if I don't hot dog it). never less than 23 in town! I have only been to the dealer for maintenance and with 30k and no failures I am impressed and recommend this to anyone who wants some fun, reliability and great fuel mileage!

Solid, strong, reliable car
By JHB on 04/24/10 06:55 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

After my 00 Impala 3.5 racked up 250K miles I decided to buy another one. The 09 Impala LTZ has a tight responsive sport suspension that makes for a GREAT highway ride. Seat are vry comfortable leather. Door close with a solid clunk. Exhaust is finely tuned, sounds great. This 3.9 engine rocks with low end tourge. Put it on the floor from stop and you better hold on to the wheel. Engine sounds refined and tuned with the ohv design. Gas millage over 30 mpg if driven for economy on hwy. Avg 24 hwy/city. HUGE trunk. BOSE stereo sounds awesome. This care feels solid, drives solid and handles solid.

Better Than Expected
By craig on 10/31/09 00:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my '04 Grand Prix for a new '09 LTZ. I love it! It's got a lot more interior room & the trunk is HUGE. I have to lay down to get anything just behind the back seat. The headroom is great in front & back. I'm not as blinded at night now as the Impala sits higher. The acceleration w/ the 3.9 liter is great! I have nearly V8 performance & am getting V6 mileage. I'm averaging 20 mpg & that's w/ lots of city miles. The features w/ the radio are much better than in my old car. I can see why the police are starting to buy LTZ's.

Very Nice Car
By BigDaddy on 09/23/09 01:44 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

One of the roomiest cars I have owned in a long time. I am as comfortable in this car as I am in my Silverado Pick-up. I am over 6' tall and it is one of the few cars I have been in that I can't reach the pedals with the seat all the way back. Dealership was great. For the price, warranty and dealer support you cannot beat it.

Its not a Hemi
By Mr Hurst Olds on 09/02/09 13:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I loved my 06 300C. It was one of my best cars,but gas won"t stay 2 bucks a gal. I looked at mostly GM cars and always liked the Impala,the SS would be great but I wanted better mileage. I read some of Edmunds reviews and I thought that some were critical of the interior. I believe that was because of buying the lower model. I am very happy with the leather seats and the way they sit. I have 18 inch wheels and the handling pkg {both std on LTZ} and car handles as good as my 300. It does have a little stiffer ride but you can't have both ways. The 3.9 V-6 has plenty of power for all my driving and the first tank of gas{mostly city with some hwy driving avg 23.5

10 Day rental
By Ray on 08/16/09 10:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Nice car - good power with nice interior overall. Head rests were to far forward and the chrome around the gear selector sometimes reflected sun in my eyes. I did hear a slight squeak near the windshield on the drivers side.

Great car but could be better
By outlook on 05/27/09 17:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Love the car. The gas mileage is a disappointment.(My 96 Caprice with the LT1 engine gets better gas mileage. The head rest is too far forward as it rubs my head all the time. The mirrors have limited visibility

Love my Impala
By Elle on 04/25/09 01:17 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I drove almost every car before we purchased our 2008 Impala LTZ. I love it so much! The interior is beautiful, and the seats are really comfortable, I love my sun roof, and both of my boys have more than enough room in the back seat. The trunk is huge! We have an Eddie Bower stroller which is huge in itself and it fits in there with room to spare. We had to evacuate when hurricane Ike came through last year, we fit one pack&play, three suit cases, stroller, briefcase, big pack of diapers&wipes, small ice chest, dog food, toys, a portable baby swing, sheets and a comforter and it all fit, with more room in there. It drives so smooth and quiet! I recommend this to anyone!

Really needs an upgrade.
By TJDasen1 on 04/20/09 16:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Handsome car on the exterior, but the interior is just not up to snuff. The Impala is supposed to be Chevy's top family car and it falls flat by not offering options offered by other "lesser" cars. NO auto climate control, NO reversing sensors, NO HID headlamps! Come on! Even Hyundai offers these. And the handhold for the trunk pulldown is a joke. You can only lower the (dirty) lid with it and then you have to grab the outside of the trunk to push it the rest of the way down. Very bad design flaw. True, this is my 82 yr old mother's car and not mine, but I have to drive her in it. Whats nice is that Chevy still offers a column mounted gearshift option. That's what sold the car. Grade C

Big Bang For The Bucks
By Robert Couture on 01/31/09 08:48 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I replaced my 2004 Pontiac Bonneville with this Impala on 1/13/09. This car is a great value for the price, lots of nice options. Handles very well in the snow or on dry pavement. Build quality is high. This car provides roomy, comfortable, economical and reliable transportation.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Impala in VA is:

$132 per month*