2008 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Review: Somewhat Disappointed

2008 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Review

Somewhat Disappointed
By Billl on

2008 Chevrolet Impala 50th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It was between the Impala and the Malibu. I picked the Impala because it was bigger and advertised mileage was almost as good. My driving is 90% highway and the best mileage I have gotten after 5000 miles is 24.5 but usually getting around 23, the dealer had the nerve to put a 30mpg sticker on the car. I miss my 2000 Monte Carlo SS that regularly got 27-30 mpg. Feature wise the car is good although they cheaped out on the radio - sounds terrible no matter how I adjust it and I miss the auto darkening rearview mirror on my Monte. The heat/ac controls are terrible, every time I put my hand near it they move - to small and soft to the touch. OnStar is hard to use and people can't hear me.

Car looks sharp, 18" wheels, heated seats, driver information center, trunk space.

Mileage, auto darkening rearview mirror, radio needs work, heat/ac control lever is mushy and hard to use, at a minimum it should have more resistance