Not What You Pay For
By kanani4274 on
2008 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)
I purchased my 2008 Chevy Impala new July 2008. I thought it was a bit pricey coming from a Chevy Pickup, but, needed to get away from high gas prices. This vehicle IS fuel efficient. It is hard to believe that this is a Full Size vehicle. The cab is extremely small for full size. I have two major complaints: #1 The suspension from the factory is junk and they know it. GM will not replace or repair this. I had to spend $1200.00 to fix a manufacturer defect after going through 3 sets of tires in under 40,000 miles. No thanks to GM. #2 The A/C-Heater System is JUNK, once again, GM knows of the problems and they will not repair or replace it. With that, I will NEVER purchase another GM vehicle.
Favorite Features
Fuel efficient
Suggested Improvements
GM needs to learn to support the people that support them. I have owned only GM made vehicles. Every single one of the five vehicles had problems from the factory that GM would not repair or replace. The quality of product they produce is not worth the price they ask (and get). Because of GM's lack of integrity, I will not purchase another GM made vehicle. Sorry to say that, but it's true. So long GM.
By randykn
on 04/26/11 18:38 PM (PDT)

These cars are JUNK 34,000 miles equal 3 sets of tires, brakes 3 times. Rotors last a month at best. Can not be aligned properly, (recalled for goverment vehicles but not the public. DO NOT BUY A IMPALA you will be disapointed. Dealer suggestion to solve the brake problems is to NOT drive on any hills, quoate "these cars were not made for driving in the mountians" for 40 years i have driven GM cars but NO MORE. My 97 Taurus with 320,000 miles does not have the problems that my 2008 Impala has. Thouhjt i would buy my wife a safe car, boy was i wrong. NO MORE GM PRODUCTS FOR ME