mixed feelings
By ifyousayso on
2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
I bought the car certified used with 28,000 miles 2 mos after warped rotors. dealership w/ plenty of "warranty" says rotors aren't covered (bumper to bumper??). After market rotors hadn't come out yet so I had them turned. 1500 miles later warped again. I also noticed uneven tire wear. Took it in to have alignment checked dealer told me it was to GM spec. Took it to a local tire shop which informed me GM spec (at that time) was very broad. ie. Properly aligned didn't mean it was optimized for tire life. I had them align and put on a set of tires. 65000 miles later no uneven wear. clear coat started peeling from spoiler 2000 miles after warranty on paint was up. see Fav Features.
Favorite Features
Gets me where I need to go when it starts 2 yrs ago had 1 incident where I turned key & it didn't crank. waited a few mins then it started. 8-9 mos later it happened again. Since it started after a few mins and didn't happen again I thought maybe a fluke. Until recently. I get the same symptoms only might start in 10 mins might be 3 hrs. Dealer says starter is bad. During 1 incident the dic said "SVC Theft detterent sys" Dealer: Its the starter. Me going bad for 2 yrs? getting it replaced. But have a feeling they aren't telling me the truth. Will see if it happens again
Suggested Improvements
Tighten up Alignment Specs if they haven't yet so consumer gets more life from tire. Allow owner to override theft detterent system in event of malfunction, as this strands the owner when parts of this system go bad, & it usually happens after warranty is out.