mixed feelings
By ifyousayso on
2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
I bought the car certified used with 28,000 miles 2 mos after warped rotors. dealership w/ plenty of "warranty" says rotors aren't covered (bumper to bumper??). After market rotors hadn't come out yet so I had them turned. 1500 miles later warped again. I also noticed uneven tire wear. Took it in to have alignment checked dealer told me it was to GM spec. Took it to a local tire shop which informed me GM spec (at that time) was very broad. ie. Properly aligned didn't mean it was optimized for tire life. I had them align and put on a set of tires. 65000 miles later no uneven wear. clear coat started peeling from spoiler 2000 miles after warranty on paint was up. see Fav Features.
Favorite Features
Gets me where I need to go when it starts 2 yrs ago had 1 incident where I turned key & it didn't crank. waited a few mins then it started. 8-9 mos later it happened again. Since it started after a few mins and didn't happen again I thought maybe a fluke. Until recently. I get the same symptoms only might start in 10 mins might be 3 hrs. Dealer says starter is bad. During 1 incident the dic said "SVC Theft detterent sys" Dealer: Its the starter. Me going bad for 2 yrs? getting it replaced. But have a feeling they aren't telling me the truth. Will see if it happens again
Suggested Improvements
Tighten up Alignment Specs if they haven't yet so consumer gets more life from tire. Allow owner to override theft detterent system in event of malfunction, as this strands the owner when parts of this system go bad, & it usually happens after warranty is out.
By x_gm_guy
on 10/24/14 09:43 AM (PDT)

These cars have tons of well documented issues. Around 45K miles the coolant starts leaking from defective crossover gaskets GM has a TSB on this, you can check. Around 50K the engine starts burning about 1 quart of oil every 1k miles, another GM TSB on this go check. The tires on this car wear pre maturely and you will always need the expensive 4 wheel alignment to correct. The brake rotors are defective and warp. If you don't fix the coolant leak/excessive oil consumption right away you risk blowing the head gaskets, another TSB from GM. GM stopped making the 3.5L V6 lemon in 2012 and did consumers a huge favor. Save your money/time and run from this one.