Impala - American Pride At Its Finest.
By stevenycer on
2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
I've got 2 years and 36,000 miles in on my Impala LS and have had an overall positive experience with it. This car is strictly a cruiser with very soft handling and very smooth ride. This car is not for performance enthusiasts wishing for feeling the road as they drive. I'm particularly fond of the exterior styling in a mocha brown color and the tail lights are a nicer improvement over the previous design. There have been no mechanical issues with drivetrain, brakes, electric, or any engine issues. Aside from a few minor flaws, I would purchase this car again in a heartbeat. The Impala has proven to be an excellent value for the money, and fuel economy for a V6 is fantastic.
Favorite Features
Suspension, smooth comfortable ride, 24 mpg city, 33 mpg hwy. I don't know what others owners are hearing, but I've NEVER been in a car this quiet on the road, sometimes I forget that the engine is running. AUX port on radio dash, a thoughtful touch. One touch power windows.
Suggested Improvements
Cheap Goodyear tires, just replaced with excellent Michellin X-Radials. ABS not standard. No split rear seats or interior access into trunk, a bit irritating, but it is an option. Replaced peeling applique under warranty (plastic between rear and front windows). Battery replaced under warranty.