Fun and Sporty Car
By Brian on
2008 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
Every morning I go out to my car to begin the day's journey to work, a situation that will put a frown on most people's faces. But as I walk up I hit the remote starter and hear the deep throaty roar of the V8, and I can't help but think, this is what Chevy meant by "The Heartbeat of America!" Needless to say, Every morning I drive to work with a smile on my face. This car has amazing power and very crisp handling living up very well to the Super-Sport lineage. The exterior and interior are both clean and sporty, and look distinctive from anything else on the market. In short, on paper this car was exactly what I wanted, in practice, this car is exactly what I wanted!
Favorite Features
Many reviewers have stated that the car has pronounced engine and wind noise, and I say, Thank You GM! This is a pony car after all, it has power and it has every right to show it. If the engine or wind noise become too much of a problem, the stereo and Bose speakers are enough to drown it out!
Suggested Improvements
The rear window glass could stand to be a little larger. It is smaller, and further back than on prior models, so it makes for a larger blind spot when backing up.