2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
1 FAST IMPALA
By 1fastimpala on 03/27/09 10:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is one great all around car. You can easily obtain 27 mpg on a highway trip, but combined your looking at 20- 21 mpg(still not bad for a v8). When I was purchasing this Impala I was also looking at the 08 Honda Accord 4 cyl. They were almost the same in price, but a huge decrease in Insurance on the Impala SS. I couldn't believe it. I have had no problems with this car. Chevy's are great quality cars.

best car ever made!!
By J Finch on 03/16/09 15:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I was at the dealership trading in my Dodge ram, I had in mind *I need something reliable* well having had my ram for only 7 months and having it in the shop 6 times had me kinda discouraged. Well I came across this impala, loved it at first sight. Unfortunately the only problem I have with the car is that every other impala seems to be the same shade of light Gray! Well that being said I love everything else! The 3.5 liter engine is powerful! And I've gotten 36 miles per gallon on the highway, and average 24.6 in the city, which isn't bad! The trunk is huge! The interior is nicely done and the seats are the most comfortable and supportive I've ever sat in and the ride is amazing!

I have fallen in love...with a car!
By shellbelle86 on 03/14/09 14:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The impala has made driving fun for me again. It handles very well, quiet engine, plenty of power and it looks great inside and out. I'm also saving money on gas these days. I was able to buy my car with extremely low mileage at a great price. I looked around and for the money you can't beat what you get with the impala.

second to none
By lonw on 03/06/09 02:41 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Impala my other was the 2003 model, the 2008 is just as nice and seems quicker when you put the petal down, far better gauge display then the 2003.

so far so good
By mark on 03/04/09 16:55 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We are very pleased with our car. A little disappointed with sticker mileage compared to actual. All manufacturers seem to get away with that one? However very reliable car, runs smooth, LOT'S of power. Wanted the LTZ because of more HP. Salesman said I would be happy with LT, and saved a lot of money. He was right. The traction control is a must in the snow here in Canada. Never had a problem. 2nd winter with it and reg. all season tires! By the way we found that if you order a car with the features you want it can save you money on the sticker price. Can save another thousand if you order it, as the dealers automatically tack on a thousand to cover cost of the car sitting on the lot.

A daily driver shouldn't be this fun!
By DC on 02/13/09 13:41 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Handles great, steering is snappy and sharp, (some say clunky, but for a spirited driver, its perfect). Combined with 4 doors and a large trunk, it's sporty and versatile. Opted for the silverstone metallic with black leather, sharp! Great stereo, firm but comfy seats with heaters. XM and OnStar are great. 303hp doesn't hurt either. Have scared a lot of tuners on the line when the 5.3L makes the tires scream (just remember to turn off the traction control). And it even runs on regular 87 octane! (Tell that to your Charger owners!)

Impala vs Honda & Toyota? No comparison.
By Ron Tranmer on 02/10/09 20:35 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I've read complaints about the poor vision in the rear view mirrors. On every car I own I buy the little round blind spo" mirrors at Walmart for about 2 bucks each, and put them on the outside corner of each mirror. I then have excellent side mirror vision. Another complaint I've read is about poor visibility through the rear window. Especially with a spoiler. C'mon... I can see everything I need to see through my rear window. (I have a spioler) I haven't had the car too long but I love it. Read the consumer reviews on the higher rated Honda Accord and Toyota Camery, and you'll find a much higher percent of complaints than that of Impala owners. Go figure...

Excellent car, good on fuel, comfortable
By Larry D on 02/04/09 17:02 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent car, all round driving fuel economy of 27 with 50% and town driving. Comfortable ride, solid feel on the highway. Would advise anyone to test drive if looking for an American car.

Somewhat Disappointed
By Billl on 01/27/09 18:40 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 50th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It was between the Impala and the Malibu. I picked the Impala because it was bigger and advertised mileage was almost as good. My driving is 90% highway and the best mileage I have gotten after 5000 miles is 24.5 but usually getting around 23, the dealer had the nerve to put a 30mpg sticker on the car. I miss my 2000 Monte Carlo SS that regularly got 27-30 mpg. Feature wise the car is good although they cheaped out on the radio - sounds terrible no matter how I adjust it and I miss the auto darkening rearview mirror on my Monte. The heat/ac controls are terrible, every time I put my hand near it they move - to small and soft to the touch. OnStar is hard to use and people can't hear me.

Looking Good!
By Bill B on 01/26/09 10:26 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought vehicle 11/08. Was a rental car so a few nicks in the body but in great shape. Great car, good gas mileage. Averaged about 24 mpg on only long distance trip I have taken so far. Great comfort and XM radio is a great bargain. Haven't listened to AM-FM radio yet. Smooth ride. Heated seats are a big plus. Fantastic pick up and it turns a lot of heads with I drive in to the store or church. V8 sounds tough and kicks it when you step on the gas! Couldn't be happier with the purchase. Chevy hit a homer with this one.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan in VA is:

$133 per month*