2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Great economical, powerful family sedan
By Richard Hanks on 08/24/09 00:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought with 34,000 miles on the clock. Immediately set off on a 5744 mile round trip to east coast from WA State. Amazed at 32.3 average mpg received with cruise set at 70 mph where possible. Several tanks at 34+. Some heavy head winds in SD and MT on return reduced economy. The suspension is too soft for my taste with excessive body roll on cornering at higher speeds, though ride was very comfortable. As others have stated the side mirrors are on the small side for total safety. Power is more than adequate with the 3.5 liter V-6. Fit and finish both inside and out is very good. Trunk carried dog crate, cooler and all our bags with room to spare. I am very satisfied with this car.

great value
By codger on 07/18/09 06:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

replaced 2000 Jaguar S Type 3.0. Needed more leg room and a larger trunk. Miss my memory seat & steering. The build quality is as good as any import I have owned ( Jaguar, Volvo, Infinity etc.)

Good MPG for V8
By steve on 07/07/09 13:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car for work. The Trunk is great, I have to carry a lot of equipment and it is nice. I have the SS which has the V8. On the highway it get 25-26 avg MPG. It switches from 4 cylinder to 8 cylinder smoothly, which a was concerned about before I bought the car. The Ltz owner I read the review must not drive but to his mailbox and back to get 17 avg. My 2004 GMC has better avg MPG than that (in the summer).

Great Car!!! Hate the cup holders.
By Jason on 06/18/09 19:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in a Mariner that was having drivetrain problems. My car was a leftover (at the end of 08). I drove it and fell in love. The front seats are spacious and very comfortable. The car has the gusto to pull past just about any other car I need to, within reason. I do wish that I had the 3.9L engine as I have added a hitch and the 3.5 seems a bit underpowered on uphill stretches having to rev around 2500 RPMs to maintain speed. My only two complaints are the cup holders. I can't fit a large cup from anywhere in with any other cup. Smaller cups and bottles fit fine, but on long road trips, who wants a small? Also, I have been in the shop for brake pulsations twice in < 1 year.

very low mpg
By jorge on 06/03/09 04:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

i have a ltz chevy impala, very nice car, I think the trunk is too large making this car extra large. The MPG is very low I just can reach 17 mpg, even in highway, making the company statement a big fat lie. I had try it everything to increase the mpg but still making the same, other than that i thing it is a nice car to have it. Thanks

Great value and great car.
By A New Yorker on 05/25/09 22:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased a 2008 Impala LT with 33,000 miles on it and it's one of the best cars I ever owned. The car runs great. I needed a dependable roomy car for my daily 75 mile round trip to work and after doing a lot of research focused on the Impala. After finding a great deal I jumped on it. It's a great value compared to other cars in it's class. I would by another one without hesitation. Every time I drive it confirms that I made an excellent choice. The performance could be a little better when accelerating from a complete stop and the side view mirrors could have been a little bigger but over all I am thrilled with my purchase. I would recommend the car highly.

Good looking car
By puffrooster on 05/17/09 14:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Originally I set out to buy an loaded LTZ with a bench seat, BOSE sound system and sunroof in mocha brown. But after taking the SS model for a spin, just to see what it could do, I was sold. Before purchasing this car I did test drive other sport sedans, all of them costing much more $$, and nothing was funner to drive than the Impala SS! The Jewel (dark cherry) monochromatic, red compliments the car and is worth the extra cost. I added low profile tires & wheels and tinted the windows all around. It's a good looking car and inexpensive to decorate.

great car
By john mccall on 04/07/09 11:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We turned in a Cadillac DTS and got the Impala. It has as large a trunk as the caddy and the rear seats fold as well. The seats could be improved and the a/c controls are silly but the ride and comfort approach the best. Looked at all the rivals and this was the beat for the money. Have had GM products for thirty years and the reliability has been tremendous. For the money this is the best buy.

Cry HAVOC.......
By Nitehawk on 04/07/09 10:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

.....and let loose the dogs of war. Purchased used, certified, 17k, still under warranty. Beautiful jewel tintcoat. Traded in my 06 Cobalt SS. Needed something a little roomier. I've never owned a 4 dr sedan, so was hesitant. Didn't want a dowdy land barge. Impala SS fits the bill. Dangerously fast and powerful. I'm lovin' it. Drive 200 miles round trip to work each week, and it's 50% city, 50% highway - 21.1 mpg.....not bad. But it's the Raw Power, it'll make you smile, and then some. Go test drive one, it's a life altering experience....go buy, now. You'll never look back.

2008 Impala LTZ vs my Montes
By Victoria on 04/02/09 07:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

My round trip daily commute to work is 120 miles. I have found the Impala to be stylish and comfortable and affordable. Would like better fuel economy. By changing brands of gasoline, I have increased gas mileage from 21 to 24/25 mpg hwy. I have owned 2 Monte Carlos, 2001 LS and 2006 LT and miss them both. 119,000 and 88,000 respectively. The Impala LTZ and SS are as close as you will come to the soon to be extinct Monte Carlos. The OnStar feature was a selling point for me and the Impala LTZ is priced right--good buy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.