Used 2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Head gasket problem?
By LD

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought one owner 56 K miles one owner, Rides drives great. Power 3500 V6 is well matched to car.MPG great in town 20's highway 29 and up. Runs quietly handles well tire wear good so far.Long trips do well. Over all like very well.Past car 3800 V6 Olds little more power.Should used it not the 3500 V6.Its a proven engine,Now 58K miles head gasket seems to be seeping antifreeze. does this problem have a history ? May need a new head & gasket !And rear elec door activator needs replaced already.$300 WOW $$ Hope have not got a bad car I do like it well.Had hoped it would be last car I needed i'm 72 years old now.Thinking should run over 120 K miles for me . I pray it will.

like on board computer system. On star good feature.Air pressure alert also great.drive and rides nice.

Cup holders could be better placed. 12 volt acc outlet should be on dash some where not in counsel, Needs rear cup holders. ( I don't smoke but need ash trays to store my goodies.)

Had Enough
By KD

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

In the beginning, car was great, loved the remote start and leather heated seats. I have had to have a head gasket replaced, new water pump and two sensors. My issue now is it is using 1 1/2 qt of oil every 2000 miles and GM says that is ok. Not ok with me. Time to move on.

Remote start and leather heated seats.

Just feel like I got a bad one. I wanted to keep this car for a long time.

Will buy again
By Susan

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Impala and prior to that I had a 91 Lumina. This is the best so far although I liked the look of my 2002 Impala much better and Chevy got cheap with the interior lights and mirrors (must have been a man's idea). My check engine light is on now and my remote start won't work. I'm told it's a sensor in the evac system. Trying to find out what that's going to cost me. I do go through front brakes & rotors annually. I don't replace with Chevy parts and I never cut the rotors.

Remote start, but not working at the moment.

Bring back the lighted visor mirrors and more interior lighting.

Awesome Car
By JS

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car to drive recently bought this car. It is very fun to drive and I have ad nothing but great times in this car. I took this car from Philadelphia to New York City with some friends( 104 miles) and we started on a full tank of gas and using cruise control we got to New York City with approximately 3/4 of a tank left so its great on gas. There have been no problems at all with this beautiful car. Remote start works well and truck space is awesome. There is a safety precaution when there is severe wet weather it sounds like a a loud muffler but it protects the car from flooding the undercarriage

MP3 Input, Interior lights, OnStar

Not a Thing

No more
By No more

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car because we wanted a sporty family sedan. The car looks great in the red with the large wheels but that's really the only upside. We've owned over 30 vehicles over the years and this has to be the worst. Problems started right away. Door locks stopped working, the CD player stopped working, the ABS/ traction control has had problems 2 different times. Of course now that everything is fixed it has a pretty substantial coolant leak. Maybe we got a lemon, but this car is truly a disappointment. I think we're done with GM. Our 06 fusion has been perfect through 80k miles and this car has serious problems with only 40K miles on it.

Looks

Don't know where to start. GM needs to really work on their quality. It's no wonder why so many people switch to other brands.

• SUV