Used 2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Awesome Car
By JS

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car to drive recently bought this car. It is very fun to drive and I have ad nothing but great times in this car. I took this car from Philadelphia to New York City with some friends( 104 miles) and we started on a full tank of gas and using cruise control we got to New York City with approximately 3/4 of a tank left so its great on gas. There have been no problems at all with this beautiful car. Remote start works well and truck space is awesome. There is a safety precaution when there is severe wet weather it sounds like a a loud muffler but it protects the car from flooding the undercarriage

Favorite Features

MP3 Input, Interior lights, OnStar

Suggested Improvements

Not a Thing

Love The Car
By Marvin

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I leased the Impala and we love it. Extremely smooth ride. Prior to this Chevy we owner a 2005 Buick LaCross. One of the worst cars we have ever owned. The Chevy was everything we wanted in a car. We will probably lease the 2011 Impala in a few days.

Favorite Features

Everything about the car. Very smooth and tireless drive.

Suggested Improvements

Would like automatic temperature control rather than manual and memory seats.

Stylish and Underrated
By John G

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I traded a 2008 Prius, that's right, Toyota Prius for this car. The Prius had 32K miles, this car had 24K miles. The Impala now has 55K. This car has been a joy to own with a few issues. I commute a total of 60 miles per day and drive around 550 per week. I average a very fine 23.5 mpg overall. The care runs extremely well and is smooth. I would buy again, but there are a few troubling issues. The car uses a quart of oil every 1800 miles. The dealership is looking into this to see if they can find the issue. Cylinder deactivation works very well. Car handles ok and rides well. Seats are very comfortable for me, but my wife complains about the passenger seat. The leather is awesome.

Favorite Features

Heated seats Remote Start Bose Bose Bose! Front seat leg and hip room! Nothing compares! I'm 6'3" and weigh 245 lbs.

Suggested Improvements

Needs Bluetooth Needs auto climate control Needs more stylish gauges Had to replace Wheel bearing at 54K miles. Should last longer than that!

Impala - American Pride At Its Finest.
By stevenycer

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've got 2 years and 36,000 miles in on my Impala LS and have had an overall positive experience with it. This car is strictly a cruiser with very soft handling and very smooth ride. This car is not for performance enthusiasts wishing for feeling the road as they drive. I'm particularly fond of the exterior styling in a mocha brown color and the tail lights are a nicer improvement over the previous design. There have been no mechanical issues with drivetrain, brakes, electric, or any engine issues. Aside from a few minor flaws, I would purchase this car again in a heartbeat. The Impala has proven to be an excellent value for the money, and fuel economy for a V6 is fantastic.

Favorite Features

Suspension, smooth comfortable ride, 24 mpg city, 33 mpg hwy. I don't know what others owners are hearing, but I've NEVER been in a car this quiet on the road, sometimes I forget that the engine is running. AUX port on radio dash, a thoughtful touch. One touch power windows.

Suggested Improvements

Cheap Goodyear tires, just replaced with excellent Michellin X-Radials. ABS not standard. No split rear seats or interior access into trunk, a bit irritating, but it is an option. Replaced peeling applique under warranty (plastic between rear and front windows). Battery replaced under warranty.

A good full size car
By Scotlad

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A few issues when new, mostly inside trim and brakes. GM's Chinese made rotors are junk. Have been replaced twice in 40k miles. Otherwise the car is great. Average 25 mpg in town and 29+ on the highway. Given what we paid ($22,500) nothing else came close.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, comfort, size

Suggested Improvements

Better quality brakes.