2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Tires,tires,tires
By concerned on 12/01/09 16:01 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2008 Impala and it had 26000 miles on it. It now has 35500 and has the back tires on the inside of the tire wore to the cords. I have to also replace the front as they are wearing unevenly. I took it to the garage and this is the 2nd set of tires that it has went through at 36000 miles and was told that this is common with this model. The road noise is terrible. When my granddaughter rides in my car with me she saw "airplane grandma?" by hearing the noise of the car on the road. I like the power & the room the car provides however I feel that if there is a problem with the tires that the company should step up and take care of it. I hope it sticks good in the winter.

Tires started wearing @ 10,000 miles!
By chacha7 on 11/29/09 12:15 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Tires on these 2008 Chevy Impalas, are wearing prematurely starting @ 10,000 miles. Good Year dealer told me these 2008 are coming from factory slightly unaligned, causing premature wear. They also told me that they had 4 city police cars just in that @ 10,000 miles was in need of new tires all the way around on all four Chevy Impalas! And they won't do anything about replacing mine trying now for over 1 year. Had electrical problems with this sense 24 hours of having my Chevy Impala!

AFTER MY 1ST YEAR
By Tom on 11/17/09 17:14 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this car a year ago, had 22,000 on it now has 42,000. Back to dealership for minor things, but had to replace 2 tires, I swear they are rubbing something under the vehicle, steel belts came through, shouldn't w only 42,000 on them. Just your BASIC sedan next vehicle will be the Hyundai sonata hell of a lot more car for the money

Don't Buy
By Dargiewicz on 11/12/09 19:17 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The front tires need replaced after 8000 miles. The drivers door is noisy as wind goes by. Rear door lock sticks. This is my wife's car - she is not happy - My mother has owned Impala's for many years, she bought a 2009 Impala and is ready to go buy a Ford. My family of nine has owned GM's from the mid 70's - I own a 2001 GMC truck and have owned many GM vehicles (great truck but after Impala I may go to Ford truck)Always wanted a 3500 but may go 350

60,000 Miles later!!!
By Anthony on 11/09/09 20:54 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have never had so much fun with a car. The SS is a blast to drive and its sad the 09 year was the last one. I just turned 60k miles already and had the rotors cut once, and a bad fuel evaporator canister needed to be changed. I still have the original tires on the car!I only wish the import buyers would have driven an SS before purchasing a car. The Imp has a ton of room and a huge trunk too! I have avged @ 20 mpgs between city and highway driving. Buy a used one today and it is the steal of the century since resale isn't to strong. If Chevy would have really promoted the car it would have survived. Find one and have some fun!!!

Disappointed in Chevy
By Frank on 11/04/09 06:50 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car has had to be back to the dealer 7 times for emissions related codes that cause a check-engine light within the first 17 months of ownership. It happened 4 times in the first year, but I didn't file a lemon law claim in time (it had to be done within the first 12 months) and now Chevy won't buy it back and I have changed to a different dealer for the last couple of repairs.

LTZ-Best car for the dollar
By JWT in Indianapolis on 10/31/09 18:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

My 2008 LTZ is the best car I have ever owned(2 Cadillacs, 2 Porsches, 3 Toyotas, 1 Ford, 1 Buick, 1 BMW). It is well equipped, fun to drive, built with quality, and good looking. It gets about 26-30 mpg on the highway depending on speed driven. If I keep it at 65mph or less I get close to 30 mpg. I get 20-22 back and forth to work (to/from downtown Indianapolis). I really like the look of the 18 inch tires.

The Way to Go
By Bob Riehm on 09/07/09 13:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just turned in my 2007 Impala SS. It was a fantastic car. Took on a few cross country long trips and clocked 27mpg on the hwy. The car always performed perfectly and had real power when I needed it. My new 2008 from the dealer (demo with 6,000 mi.) is similar to the old one. Not much change, and the 2010 are virtually the same so..... I went for the deal. I will continue to buy this venue of car (American all the way) before spending thousands more on a foreign hottie which really can't compare to the American Impala SS. The price is right and the feel is right, both in the car itself and the American pride.... "step on it !!!!"

"Good Car not Great car"
By Scott on 08/30/09 17:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 08 Impala Lt 3.5 V6 used with nearly 26,000 miles on it. It was in pristine shape. It runs good ONLY execpt for my excessive tire alignment problems that the factory warranty wont cover. Yea the bumper to bumper the covers "almost" everything. Other than those minor problems and the lagging power of the V6 i think it was a great buy.

Great economical, powerful family sedan
By Richard Hanks on 08/24/09 00:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought with 34,000 miles on the clock. Immediately set off on a 5744 mile round trip to east coast from WA State. Amazed at 32.3 average mpg received with cruise set at 70 mph where possible. Several tanks at 34+. Some heavy head winds in SD and MT on return reduced economy. The suspension is too soft for my taste with excessive body roll on cornering at higher speeds, though ride was very comfortable. As others have stated the side mirrors are on the small side for total safety. Power is more than adequate with the 3.5 liter V-6. Fit and finish both inside and out is very good. Trunk carried dog crate, cooler and all our bags with room to spare. I am very satisfied with this car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan in NJ is:

$231 per month*