Used 2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

So far, so good
By lashacotton

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased my Impala SS with just 33K miles on it. I have driven the car for three days and the gas mileage has been great. This car offers a smooth quiet ride. The only thing that I am kind of disappointed in is the side view mirrors, they are not extended from the car enough and makes it kinda difficult to see what is besides you in either direction. Also because of how the body it shaped, it can also be a little difficult to see what is behind you.

Side mirrors

Chevy don't FAIL me now!!
By iluvchevys

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2008 for a little over 2 years and at first I loved it but now I'm starting to have problems.
Feels like my transmission is slipping, if I'm at a dead stop when I press on the gas it is kinda hesitant (seems to only do this in the hot weather) When I run my ac it has less power, my back locks don't work. A year ago I had the reduce engine power show up but I let me car sit for the weekend and haven't had the message again (knock on wood)
I still have 3 years left on my lease and I'm starting to get worried. My first car I bought was a complete lemon thought I was doing the smart thing going to a "major dealership" but the warranty that you buy seems to not cover anything.

I love my Impala but if this keeps up I will straight go to FORD!!!

Solid, Safe & Reliable
By c_ram

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After 3 years, I have followed the recommended maintenance schedule and had a great experience. We bought it for the safety (side airbag curtains standard & crash test results) & reliability and have not been disappointed.

In response to the previos post, GM was bailed out by the government in March 2009 well after the 2008 Impala was designed, built and most likely sold. It is not responsible for your experience. Nor are the dealers, which are independently owned and operated.

Safety, drive comfort & reliability.

Road noise & cabin design.

Worst Car, Absolute Junk
By rmk711

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is absolutely the worst car I have ever owned, or known anybody to have ever owned, worst mistake of my car buying life letting myself be sold into buying this car. Everything on the car breaks! This car company is paid for in part by my tax dollars and at this point I feel like I have not only been ripped off by GM, but also by the American government. GM needs to take responsibility for its poor product designs whether part of the NEW GM or the OLD GM, recall these cars and give me a refund of absurd amount of money I have had to pay for a poor excuse of a way to get to work and pay my tax dollars to support this country.

At least it looks good, at least it moves, I guess!

I have been stuck in a supermarket parking lot unable to move because the shifter was locked up. I have been listening and feeling the car shake like an earthquake going downhill due to constantly warped brakes even after changing out all 4 rotors and pads, I have had my accelerator changed out by the dealership, a defective leaking Fuel Valve replaced, random battery corrosion, one door lock no longer works, premature tire wear, two wheel hubs replaced and the ride on the car is still extremely noisy, I feel/hear every bump in the road, the shifter torque locks every time I park on a hill. Had the car serviced at 3 different Chevy/GM dealerships, same poor attitude each time.

** Very Reliable ***
By chat55904

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with higher miles 160,000 miles to be exact and i bought it in another state and had it shipped to me i figured i better order a Engine &
Transmission just in case so i did and when i got the car it was nice needed nothing! I now have 204,000 miles on this car with the original Engine & Transmission I love to drive and this car is One i can not down talk it does have its flaws but then again what car don't! Gas milage is not the best but for the comfort and drive ability it is worth it plus its flex fuel which is 60 cent less a gallon!

Xm Radio is a great deal for me i spend $26.00 for 6 months to have it i use it everyday love it! Remote start is a plus & I have to say I live in the cold weather and my car warms up very fast and i have hot heat! I love that!

It does wear through tires faster then normal in the rear & gm is in a law suit over that right now but to be honest if you rotate them as needed its not that bad at least not for me! My rear defrost does not work but that's all mint other wize!