Used 2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

It's a love/hate relationship!
By dustinjoe

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Love my car. I am the 2nd owner. Its fun to drive, reliable, and its a head-turner. I have the LTZ. Its bright red and got all the chrome around it and drives a lot of attention. At 49000 the car started using two quarts of oil around every 2000 miles. The salesman said it was normal. Yeah right. My door locks have began to act up and the a/c system doesn't work right sometimes. I love my car, but i'm afraid its going to start using more oil. No leak can to be found and it doesn't seem to be burning the oil. Thats really my only concern. I absolutely love driving the car. It gets excellent gas mileage and is very comfortable. Will buy again when all the bugs are worked out of it.

Favorite Features

Love the remote start, the chrome accents, heated seats, bose stereo system, and the steering wheel audio controls. The car is very comfortable and has lots of features The onstar is awesome. Love the driving directions it provides as I travel alot Its a great everyday car.

Suggested Improvements

The door locks need to be fixed along with the a/c system. That doesnt prevent my from buying again, but the oil problems do. When I read reviews that does not consist of the oil troubles I will definately have another one. I love the car but hate the problems that is has.

IMPALA THE UNSAFE VEHICLE
By randykn

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

These cars are JUNK 34,000 miles equal 3 sets of tires, brakes 3 times. Rotors last a month at best. Can not be aligned properly, (recalled for goverment vehicles but not the public. DO NOT BUY A IMPALA you will be disapointed. Dealer suggestion to solve the brake problems is to NOT drive on any hills, quoate "these cars were not made for driving in the mountians" for 40 years i have driven GM cars but NO MORE. My 97 Taurus with 320,000 miles does not have the problems that my 2008 Impala has. Thouhjt i would buy my wife a safe car, boy was i wrong. NO MORE GM PRODUCTS FOR ME

Favorite Features

Can not think of one

Suggested Improvements

Fix the brake, alingment and tire problems. A car that eats brake rotors in a month is poor engineering to say the least, recalls to only vehicles only sold to goverment agencies is bull. Are they more important than my families safty? NO Having to buy suspension kit to properly aling vehicle more bull.

Not What You Pay For
By kanani4274

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2008 Chevy Impala new July 2008. I thought it was a bit pricey coming from a Chevy Pickup, but, needed to get away from high gas prices. This vehicle IS fuel efficient. It is hard to believe that this is a Full Size vehicle. The cab is extremely small for full size. I have two major complaints: #1 The suspension from the factory is junk and they know it. GM will not replace or repair this. I had to spend $1200.00 to fix a manufacturer defect after going through 3 sets of tires in under 40,000 miles. No thanks to GM. #2 The A/C-Heater System is JUNK, once again, GM knows of the problems and they will not repair or replace it. With that, I will NEVER purchase another GM vehicle.

Favorite Features

Fuel efficient

Suggested Improvements

GM needs to learn to support the people that support them. I have owned only GM made vehicles. Every single one of the five vehicles had problems from the factory that GM would not repair or replace. The quality of product they produce is not worth the price they ask (and get). Because of GM's lack of integrity, I will not purchase another GM made vehicle. Sorry to say that, but it's true. So long GM.

great all-around sedan
By mace57

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Impala as a work vehicle. It has since become the all-around family work horse. Not bad looking with the spoiler, and sun roof. OK stero system. The car has a great balance of weight and power, and is super in the winter with good snow tires. we get about 24 mpg average. Lots of room and a hugh trunk. I have about 77k miles on it, and have had no repair issues. I think it is a great value, reliable sedan.

Favorite Features

reliablity and solid handling.

bad deal
By Anonymous

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 50th Anniversary 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i bought this car brand new and i loved it at first. Then i started to have problems, rear defrost don't shut off, needed a new rack and pinion at 25,000 miles and know at 34,500 miles i need a new ball joint and we had new tires put on the car and they can't do an alignment on the tires because of the way the tires sit on the rims. They have low profile tires and they look nice but they are awful.

Favorite Features

heated seats and remote start are great

Suggested Improvements

do something different with the tires.