2008 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Another Chevy
By Norma & Jim on 03/20/10 14:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We've owned quite a few Chevy cars over the years and some were better than others. We bought a 2005 Impala in 2006 and it`s been one of the best. Then we bought this 2008 Impala LTZ used. It is stylish, comfortable, quiet and just an all around nice car. It has 40000 mi but still drives and looks like new.

NASCAR IMPALA
By Nascar Impala on 03/16/10 10:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

While the few car magazine reviews of this car give it less than stellar reviews, this car is a great cruiser and can be driven as fast as a car needs to be driven! Passing is a blast. While some reviews call the suspension tuning "boat" like, I'd strongly disagree. I believe it handles very flat and also takes road bumps well. Very good mix. I have yet to cause the front end to push taking corners way to fast. The seats do limit your cornering as they have no side bolsters. Since most seat time is cruising, this is an acceptable trade off. Gas mileage is good also....except if you are using it for the V-8...which is why I bought it!

Fast speed, faster break downs
By Mixed Emotions on 02/02/10 18:42 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought used with 34000 miles, lots of wheel spin, 21mpg mixed 27 highway. can keep up with newer mustang gt's and eat up 5.7 hemi chargers, BUT 4 fuel injectors replaced, bad onstar unit and a paranoia when driving more than 100 miles at a time. every time I've been on a road trip a fuel injector goes bad. i should have learned my lesson after my 05 cts's water pump and transmission went out at 4 yrs and 33000 miles on the clock. no wonder GM went bankrupt so so so much fun to drive...until it breaks down. dealership would blame a flat tire with a nail in it on "unknown causes with no sure fix"

Good basic car = LS
By swhite on 01/29/10 08:20 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I drove my Impala LS for two years as company car before buying. It hasn't ever needed mechanical repair. At higher mileages, i do "hear rattling" or something. The tires do wear unevenly which may be the rattling. Otherwise it's a great car and easy decision to purchase for my personal use after being company car.

Very satisfied
By Mark on 01/21/10 16:51 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Impala now has 50000 kilo's on and not one issue. Original tires still have 15000 or more to go. Not a chev fan but can't complain. The traction control is great in snow. Took it down to Florida from Canada ran perfect. Lot's of power and handles great for big car, even when loaded with luggage. first North American car I've owned that hasn't had a problem. May even buy it out when lease end in Sept.

American Pride
By Gary on 12/31/09 12:49 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this 08 SS from a dealer, it was a demo model with 588 miles on it. Got a great deal on it. The car is excellent, fully loaded, extreme amounts of power, smooth, and handles good for a large car. I can easily get 29-30mpg on a smooth flat highway going 70. The car is built well and very solid and surefooted. Great car at a great price.

impala
By Felipe Soler on 12/28/09 19:09 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great ride, strong car,smooth ride.Would buy An impala again over any Japanese car. AC is great, leather seats are very comfortable.Body metal seems better than Toyota or Honda does not dent easy. Nice acceleration. Gas is fine when traveling far, i get more than 350 miles with a full tank.

More good than bad
By Don W on 12/18/09 08:45 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this vehicle for 20 months and 30000 miles. No tire replacement yet, maybe 6000 miles more on them. I love the performance. I owned a Malibu before this Impala. I just feel the Impala is more stable, especially when needing a fast acceleration, or a quick braking. The extra-loud cabin noises (engine Whine and outside wind) are irritating.

08 Impala LT 3.5 Liter
By JW on 12/13/09 19:14 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Factory Goodyears on this car were a joke. I bought the car at 14,000 miles and drove the car to 18,000 miles and had to replace the Goodyears. (Why does Goodyear keep getting OEM Contracts with the big three ?) I have Michelins on now and they are wearing excellently. The car is smooth. The V- 6 could use a little more umph for my taste but not bad. The mileage is excellent. I average 30 to 32 miles per gallon in the Impala. I had 2 Ford Focuses and didn't do much better than that. This car has a huge trunk and feels great on the highway.The remote start that is standard, and the stereo system for stock is very nice. Over all I am pleased and would buy again. Buy used for the best deal !!

Reliably Rapid
By Dave on 12/09/09 23:03 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My car was a rental for its first 20k miles. After 1 year and 17k more miles, all I've done is keep the oil changed. The cylinder deactivation gives highway economy of 27mpg with the cruise set on 70. It drops to about 17 in town. A friend with a Bentley Arnage commented on how nice the interior is! All that and outstanding acceleration to boot. The look of despair and surprise on a Honda "tuner" face in the rearview when the light turns green is priceless :) This car is a keeper.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Chevrolet Impala in NJ is:

$231 per month*