Used 2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Most Helpful|
Great Car. So far so good
By chevalltheway

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased used certified from a Chev dealer only 5 months ago with 135,000 km. Was in near perfect condition inside and out. Very fun to drive. Lots of power, no loss of oil or coolant leaks. Recently drove on a long trip and the car performed great! Tons of power through the mountains. Getting about 9.5 liters per 100K. Respectable. I replaced the factory audio system, because it sucked. Performed well but the audio was bad. Replaced with an aftermarket Pioneer deck and the system came to life. Now sounds ok with the factory 6 speaker system. I find better automatic shifting using "3rd" instead of "D" Not a 4 speed. 3 speed with overdrive.

Favorite Features

Looks, power, spacious interior, large trunk. Reliable. Handles great in the city and solid feel on the highway.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a power seat or manual height adjustment on the passenger seat.

Used buy value
By stirfry1

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car one year old, now have 60,000 on it with no significant issues.

Favorite Features

Larger car with decent gas mileage . A workhorse v6 engine. Good for tall man

Suggested Improvements

New impala is awesome, but expensive, not a value

Chevy don't FAIL me now!!
By iluvchevys

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2008 for a little over 2 years and at first I loved it but now I'm starting to have problems. Feels like my transmission is slipping, if I'm at a dead stop when I press on the gas it is kinda hesitant (seems to only do this in the hot weather) When I run my ac it has less power, my back locks don't work. A year ago I had the reduce engine power show up but I let me car sit for the weekend and haven't had the message again (knock on wood) I still have 3 years left on my lease and I'm starting to get worried. My first car I bought was a complete lemon thought I was doing the smart thing going to a "major dealership" but the warranty that you buy seems to not cover anything.

Suggested Improvements

I love my Impala but if this keeps up I will straight go to FORD!!!

So far, so good
By lashacotton

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased my Impala SS with just 33K miles on it. I have driven the car for three days and the gas mileage has been great. This car offers a smooth quiet ride. The only thing that I am kind of disappointed in is the side view mirrors, they are not extended from the car enough and makes it kinda difficult to see what is besides you in either direction. Also because of how the body it shaped, it can also be a little difficult to see what is behind you.

Suggested Improvements

Side mirrors

Getting my moneys worth.
By brad1992

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2008 impala LT 3.5 VVT in the cold Michigan winter of 2011 with 47000 Miles. The day after I bought it we had a 12 inch snow fall , thus making it near impossible to drive. However, at the time I was a Corrections Officer so it was imperitive that I make it to work. So I bundled up and braved the cold and, icy roads. This car was excellent on my commute. It never gave me any issues other than the traction control limiting the ammount of power I could supply to the wheels. I am proud to say I now have 80000 miles on this automobile and other than replacing the gas cap, battery and, two tires I have not had to do anything to it. I would def. purchase this car all over again.

Favorite Features

The MPG's 33 on the highway lack luster preformance in the city though. Spacious cabin with limited road noise. Peppy engine and, hauls a trailer very nicely.

Suggested Improvements

Tire tread wear and, Brake componets wear out fast. and the rear door acuators wear out easily.