Used 2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Great value.
By stirfry1

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car with 20,000 on it, and now have 50,000 with no significant repair issues.

Value car
By desoto3

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought 2008 impala in 2011 with 59k on the speedometer. Besides a few issues I like the car. In 2013, the car now is at 92k.

Powerful engine in a light frame.

I replaced the following: 2 rear door latches at $140 each (parts only), front rotors($39.95 each, parts) and ceramic pads($54.00, parts). They warped when I bought the car. Problem with the traction control and engine limit power lights due to improper tire pressures. The car should instead raise improper tire pressures, but it chooses to raise the other two alerts instead. The cruise control doesn't work when I bought the car.

Impala 08
By piercebmng

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

locks, heater, fresh air, design, when back windows are down forget about it. bearings, tire wear, oil consumption, spudders, probably when the cylinders cut off the oil flows out filling the converter.

paid 4

mixed feelings
By ifyousayso

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car certified used with 28,000 miles
2 mos after warped rotors. dealership w/ plenty of "warranty" says rotors aren't covered (bumper to bumper??). After market rotors hadn't come out yet so I had them turned. 1500 miles later warped again. I also noticed uneven tire wear. Took it in to have alignment checked dealer told me it was to GM spec. Took it to a local tire shop which informed me GM spec (at that time) was very broad. ie. Properly aligned didn't mean it was optimized for tire life. I had them align and put on a set of tires. 65000 miles later no uneven wear. clear coat started peeling from spoiler 2000 miles after warranty on paint was up. see Fav Features.

Gets me where I need to go when it starts 2 yrs ago had 1 incident where I turned key & it didn't crank. waited a few mins then it started. 8-9 mos later it happened again. Since it started after a few mins and didn't happen again I thought maybe a fluke. Until recently. I get the same symptoms only might start in 10 mins might be 3 hrs. Dealer says starter is bad. During 1 incident the dic said "SVC Theft detterent sys" Dealer: Its the starter. Me going bad for 2 yrs? getting it replaced. But have a feeling they aren't telling me the truth. Will see if it happens again

Tighten up Alignment Specs if they haven't yet so consumer gets more life from tire. Allow owner to override theft detterent system in event of malfunction, as this strands the owner when parts of this system go bad, & it usually happens after warranty is out.

Getting my moneys worth.
By brad1992

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2008 impala LT 3.5 VVT in the cold Michigan winter of 2011 with 47000 Miles. The day after I bought it we had a 12 inch snow fall , thus making it near impossible to drive. However,
at the time I was a Corrections Officer so it was imperitive that I make it to work. So I bundled up and braved the cold and, icy roads. This car was excellent on my commute. It never gave me any issues other than the traction control limiting the ammount of power I could supply to the wheels. I am proud to say I now have 80000 miles on this automobile and other than replacing the gas cap, battery and, two tires I have not had to do anything to it. I would def. purchase this car all over again.

The MPG's 33 on the highway lack luster preformance in the city though. Spacious cabin with limited road noise. Peppy engine and, hauls a trailer very nicely.

Tire tread wear and, Brake componets wear out fast. and the rear door acuators wear out easily.