2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Love The Car
By Marvin on 09/04/10 12:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I leased the Impala and we love it. Extremely smooth ride. Prior to this Chevy we owner a 2005 Buick LaCross. One of the worst cars we have ever owned. The Chevy was everything we wanted in a car. We will probably lease the 2011 Impala in a few days.

Stylish and Underrated
By John G on 09/03/10 18:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I traded a 2008 Prius, that's right, Toyota Prius for this car. The Prius had 32K miles, this car had 24K miles. The Impala now has 55K. This car has been a joy to own with a few issues. I commute a total of 60 miles per day and drive around 550 per week. I average a very fine 23.5 mpg overall. The care runs extremely well and is smooth. I would buy again, but there are a few troubling issues. The car uses a quart of oil every 1800 miles. The dealership is looking into this to see if they can find the issue. Cylinder deactivation works very well. Car handles ok and rides well. Seats are very comfortable for me, but my wife complains about the passenger seat. The leather is awesome.

Impala - American Pride At Its Finest.
By stevenycer on 06/29/10 10:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've got 2 years and 36,000 miles in on my Impala LS and have had an overall positive experience with it. This car is strictly a cruiser with very soft handling and very smooth ride. This car is not for performance enthusiasts wishing for feeling the road as they drive. I'm particularly fond of the exterior styling in a mocha brown color and the tail lights are a nicer improvement over the previous design. There have been no mechanical issues with drivetrain, brakes, electric, or any engine issues. Aside from a few minor flaws, I would purchase this car again in a heartbeat. The Impala has proven to be an excellent value for the money, and fuel economy for a V6 is fantastic.

A good full size car
By Scotlad on 06/18/10 10:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A few issues when new, mostly inside trim and brakes. GM's Chinese made rotors are junk. Have been replaced twice in 40k miles. Otherwise the car is great. Average 25 mpg in town and 29+ on the highway. Given what we paid ($22,500) nothing else came close.

AC/Heater
By Laura on 06/17/10 10:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2008 impala over a year ago and am pretty happy with it. The only thing that i dislike about the car is that the heater doesn't throw heat continuously when the car is in park. Bad situation if you ever get stranded on the side of the road in the middle of winter. I also noticed that the car has a really bad blind spot in between the area where the windshield and the drivers side door meet. The lighting inside the car is also pretty bad.

Love this car
By A Cossick on 06/05/10 22:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for 2 yrs, put 24k on it so far. Love this car, the power, torque steer. Averaging 21.7 mpg on 15 mile ea way commute to work and all my other driving, including some passes on the 1/4 mile. I think this is excellent for a 300 HP full size car. It corners and stops pretty good, though it has quite a bit of understeer when you push it to the limit - overall not bad for a full size car. Also needs to side support in the seats like the Grand Prix GXP has - these seats are too bench like. The drive by wire has some limitations as it will cut the throttle at times when I don't want it to - sharp movements that it thinks the car is out of control. I plan to own 10 yrs+

Big questions
By TEV on 05/31/10 16:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have a question for other Impala owners. Do you hear a change in engine sound during wet weather? I also feel a loss of power in heavy rains? Am I nuts or does anyone else experience these problems?

Satisfied Customer
By Satisfied Driver on 05/28/10 06:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I Love my Impala LT, this is my second Chevrolet and must say they are very wonderful calls. (NO RECALLS YET).The Impala LT is a great car to drive, very cozy I sometimes don't wanna get out.

A good car for the price
By calcote on 04/27/10 15:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Chevy Impala is a very nice car. It has many nice features. The fuel economy is pretty bad on this car. It gets only about 21 mpg in rural areas. The style of the interior and exterior is very nice and the car is very roomy. It is a very reliable car that looks very nice. The cars is very quiet, comfortable, and has a very fair price.

A/C controls
By Mikey on 04/17/10 11:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A/C controls do not work properly. When switching from outside air to recirculating air the a/c kicks on. a/c lite stays off. Push a/c button, lie comes on. Push a/c button lite goes off but a/c stays on. Must turn fan knob switch to off to shut off a/c. Chevy division says that's normal. That happens on NO other car that I know of.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.